Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 68

Author Topic: Kenshi - An open ended, squad-based Strategy RPG  (Read 179018 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Re: Kenshi - An open ended, squad-based Strategy RPG
« Reply #180 on: March 21, 2013, 05:35:22 pm »

Expect any online/multiplayer features to come pretty damn far in the future, if at all.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 21, 2013, 06:08:45 pm »

I tried several times to establish a base but I kept getting slaughtered by large groups of bandits popping out of nowhere :/

Oh well ... I guess I'll wait for a more fleshed out version.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 21, 2013, 09:28:55 pm »

You want to train up a few guys to a decent level of badassery before building bases in the wilds.  First kite enemies back to guards and fight them, then fight with just your crew.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #183 on: April 25, 2013, 12:22:20 pm »

I tried several times to establish a base but I kept getting slaughtered by large groups of bandits popping out of nowhere :/

Oh well ... I guess I'll wait for a more fleshed out version.

I normally try to create a base fairly close to the starting city on a flat area. Keep your view rotating to pick up incoming enemies. I normally send my fastest troop to intercept them and drag them up to the town. Alternatively you could just hunker down in a shack but they'll just sit outside waiting for your doom.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 02, 2013, 08:39:28 pm »

Hi all! This game came up on Steam Early Access, and it looks... really good. Is anyone playing it? Any feedback? I am tempted to nab this one
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 02, 2013, 08:40:49 pm »

Hi all! This game came up on Steam Early Access, and it looks... really good. Is anyone playing it? Any feedback? I am tempted to nab this one

It has potential but it has slow development and it isn't a game that is extremely playable along the way.

So this isn't the most fun alpha.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 02, 2013, 09:19:04 pm »

Game's still far from complete but from the looks of it it's updated a decent enough amount for me to try it again, if only to see how the building and job stuff works now.

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #187 on: July 02, 2013, 10:15:06 pm »

I play it in spurts, much like Prison Architect or Kerbal. Now might be a good time, because you can get your camp up and running and later create a "new world" but import your old toons, so you can bring along their built up skills. So it doesn't hurt to play for awhile.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 02, 2013, 10:16:54 pm »

I play it in spurts, much like Prison Architect or Kerbal. Now might be a good time, because you can get your camp up and running and later create a "new world" but import your old toons, so you can bring along their built up skills. So it doesn't hurt to play for awhile.

Your tech progress does not follow in a new world. That's the slowest part of the game.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 03, 2013, 11:23:42 am »

So is it worth getting now? I have a bit of spare cash to burn...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 03, 2013, 05:14:45 pm »

is there much of a game here at this point? it looks pretty raw and early in development. the forums say the game crashes alot and is loaded with bugs.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 03, 2013, 05:21:43 pm »

is there much of a game here at this point? it looks pretty raw and early in development. the forums say the game crashes alot and is loaded with bugs.

I will be honest with you and say... No.

It has a few things you can fiddle with, but no there isn't much of a game right now.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 03, 2013, 05:25:02 pm »

So far its its been much as a playable alpha, most of the annoying bugs are gone (yea theres still few)
At most i can see a good 6 hours put into the game (depending on the player). His next update will be revamping the chargen (includes adding females), getting sound setup, and armor crafting) so development is moving along while somewhat of a slow pace.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 03, 2013, 05:26:03 pm »

This is one of those games that needs to be pretty far along before it is fun.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #194 on: July 03, 2013, 06:08:01 pm »

And it's been in that state for the past 2 or 3 years. I think that's the general problem with Unity, GameMaker and those integrated gamedev systems. It's really easy to get something quick that looks sellable, but then unless you really know what you're doing, it bogs down and development can become ultra-slow with a less experienced developer.

Granted, I haven't been following the development too closely, but the game does not appear very different from when I tried it years ago. I'd love to be shown wrong an enlightened though :)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 68