Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 68

Author Topic: Kenshi - An open ended, squad-based Strategy RPG  (Read 179064 times)

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
Re: Kenshi - An open ended, squad-based Strategy RPG
« Reply #120 on: May 13, 2012, 06:29:53 am »

0.23.5, I had 0.22.5 but the updater kicked in.

Edit: Speak o' the Clowns, the updater kicked in again and brought it to 0.23.6.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 06:32:17 am by Blaze »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 13, 2012, 07:01:55 am »

oh wow I'm like 0.1.2 version behind, and updated yesterday  :P

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 13, 2012, 09:09:16 am »

So this game is uh, very clunky, I know it's an alpha and all, but oh God it's so damn hard to go around town without having to constantly change view.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 13, 2012, 06:07:08 pm »

I play with one hand on WASD (AND Q/E) and the other on the mouse. I had a few issues controlling the camera; moving around on the top of a mountain - like the starting town - with the arrow keys caused my view to go inside the mountain. But zooming in with the mouse wheel should prevent that.

Does strength ever increase? I have 12 melee attack and 19 melee defense skill but my strength is still at 1.

Also, I noticed the starting basic medkits cost over 10,000 each while the "standard" medkits with more charges and better skill bonuses cost only a fraction of that.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 06:14:18 pm by Blaze »

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 13, 2012, 06:27:12 pm »

Use heavy weapons like planks and sabers to increase strength. lighter weapons like katanas increase dexterity. Last I checked weapons like planks were quite overpowered since you could 1-shot enemies with ease if you worked a bit at it. I can only imagine what the fragment axe (Is that what it's called) is like.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 14, 2012, 05:17:04 am »

There's now a "kickstarter" up at IndieGoGo: http://www.indiegogo.com/kenshi

If you know anyone who's interested in the game but hasn't bought it yet, now's a good time: $10 donation gets an unlock code. :]
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 14, 2012, 05:09:51 pm »

Also, a bugfix was just released, and Chris is currently working on getting building to work properly, so hopefully that will be in a near release =)

Quote from: Chris
I've now got the basics of building done, but its not in the update yet.  I can build things but thats it.  Before I release it I want to add doors, and some basic furniture for storage, sleeping and imprisonment.  They should be the simplest features to add, so they will be going in first.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 15, 2012, 01:30:49 am »

This game is moving fast, I like that

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 27, 2012, 12:23:55 pm »

New update!

Seems I'm finished today.  0.24.0 is out!
Remember, if you have a version earlier than 0.22.0 then you will have to download it again from here or the auto-updater won't work.

Some of this will require you to start or import to a new game.

WARNING!!
Price of trade goods has been reduced, I recommend you sell ALL your trade goods before you update the game.  The purpose of this is to fill up your backpack more, and try to put a cap on the upper income of a high level trader. I want the big money to be earned from buildings.

FEATURES
Doors! Please report it if characters are getting stuck or doors are impassable etc.  Doors cant be locked yet.
You can no longer buy the higher grade armour and weapons.  You will have to research and craft them later on.
Price adjustments.  Low level items are cheaper, high-level items are more expensive.  Traders backpacks don't stack so many items.
New mouse pointers

BUG FIXES
Big framerate increase for some people
Still fiddling with the pathfinding/movement system
Fixed that outpost in the north, now it has a proper crew
You now have to be within 200 meters to trade items with someone.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 21, 2012, 01:59:26 pm »

Nother update:

The latest mini-update is now out and should finally stabilise the game properly.  There should be no more crashes or invisible buildings.

The invisible building bug was a nasty one.  It only occured on ATI cards as far as I can tell, but luckily my girlfriends PC could reproduce the problem.  So I spent the most un-fun day in the world running up and down the stairs between the computers, loading up the game, and seeing the same damn problem persist.  On top of that the PC is slow as a tractor and shuts itself off at random intervals.  Then I was attacked by minotaurs and I had to defeat them with my mighty fists and they shot me in the beard.  Then I had to do the washing up.  Then I seduced some pirate wenches.

And now its fixed.

In the meantime I'm still working on building.  You (by which I mean "I") can now place buildings, build them, and furnish them with stuff.  I still need to balance the resource usage, and building siege AI, and many other surrounding things, so you still need to wait a little longer.

Like the guys style.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 21, 2012, 05:18:39 pm »

I would think his beard could deflect bullets.

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 03, 2012, 08:52:01 pm »

A new update that adds building and furnishing structures, as well as sleeping, training, and a few other things is out as a download on the forums. its not on the autoupdator because its buggy as all hell and its still being bug tested/bugfixed atm, but you can grab it from the forums if you want to try it out now.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 03, 2012, 10:36:05 pm »

A new update that adds building and furnishing structures, as well as sleeping, training, and a few other things is out as a download on the forums. its not on the autoupdator because its buggy as all hell and its still being bug tested/bugfixed atm, but you can grab it from the forums if you want to try it out now.

Training? Finally.

I don't even play the game because of how annoyingly tired I am of just trying to get enough skills to fight even the weakest of enemies.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 03, 2012, 11:43:34 pm »

Training? Finally.

I don't even play the game because of how annoyingly tired I am of just trying to get enough skills to fight even the weakest of enemies.

Same here.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 04, 2012, 02:06:28 am »

I won a free key in a forum competition so I'm trying it.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 68