Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 68

Author Topic: Kenshi - An open ended, squad-based Strategy RPG  (Read 178843 times)

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
Re: Kenshi - An open ended, squad-based Strategy RPG
« Reply #705 on: February 02, 2019, 10:50:43 am »

Any light that removes the darkness penalty, since it's the character and not the field that gets the penalty for working in the dark. So campfires don't count but torch posts do. And upgrading the farm increases the size of the harvest.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: February 02, 2019, 11:24:38 am »

Keep in mind that electrical lights:
 1) require electricity, so you might want to have a fuel generator as a backup even if you use wind generators
 2) they have bad timing so the turn on some time after the sun has set and they turn off before the sun has risen, meaning that your workers might still do some harvesting while under the  "working in
     darknes" penalty
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: February 02, 2019, 11:27:16 am »

No, what I meant by "more regular harvests" is that I want two fields growing at different times. For example, one getting harvested while the other is about halfway through its grow cycle. I feel like I'd be able to maintain a better supply of food that way and have to buy less from town (seriously, at the moment I'm buying all the dried meat from both nearby taverns just about every day. Sometimes I snap up the dried fish as well).

Interesting note on the timing of electrical lights. I'll probably just stick up some torches and call it good.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: February 02, 2019, 11:58:57 am »

The problem with torches is that they have a far more limited range (which is also the case for the first kind of elect. lights too) so depending on their placement some parts of the farms might still be in darkness.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: February 02, 2019, 12:22:12 pm »

Wind generators and batteries are usually enough for your power needs, unless you are in a location with no wind like the swamp.

Speaking of base location, Shem is pretty awesome. You get water, arid and swamp ground for farming and iron and copper. Not many faction traders visiting though. Plus there are beak things and the occasional spider... but I find the beak things a plus. Once you have walls and crossbows, you can just murder them for meat and skin.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: February 02, 2019, 12:40:14 pm »

The wind generator description mentions using batteries, but I can't find them in the research bench. Is it higher up in the tech tree?

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: February 02, 2019, 01:06:30 pm »

They are level 3.

I used to have a base north of Squinn and about 1/4 of the days had no wind. Eventually I had built enough batteries to last until there was wind again but I kept the fuel generator for emergencies.

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: February 02, 2019, 01:58:52 pm »

Does anyone else just continue to buy more buildings within town and build your base within a city rather going and creating your own? It definitely leaves you lacking for room as you continue to add production buildings, but being right next to the shops saves a ton of time when it comes hauling your goods and selling shit.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: February 02, 2019, 02:32:39 pm »

I thought you couldn't build things like farm plots or refineries within city limits. Anything labeled "exterior", basically.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: February 02, 2019, 02:37:13 pm »

I don't think you can without mods. But yeah, I guess that is easier, but I like the whole idea of setting up your own nations. Especially as I always start with the freedom seekers so it is part roleplay anyway. It gives you goals in the sense of first finding a good place, then surviving till you can endure raids, then becoming self-sufficient and so forth.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: February 02, 2019, 02:47:29 pm »

I thought you couldn't build things like farm plots or refineries within city limits. Anything labeled "exterior", basically.

later in the research tree (you'll be doing alot of research book grinding), you can get hydroponics. with it you can grow hemp, wheat, veggies and i think cotton? or cactus. cant remember. oh, and you have to grab the moisture farming mod; it allows you to harvest water from the air instead of building a well.
as for mining, yeah, you'd have to do that out of the city or find a mod that makes mini inside refineries.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: February 02, 2019, 04:49:28 pm »

I am not sure but I think you can built exterior buildings indoors provided it can fit inside the building. Weapon/armor forges are exterior buildings and still can found inside the npc amor/weapon stores. You can definitely build them on the roof of a building, but I am not sure if it counts as indoors.

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: February 02, 2019, 04:52:51 pm »

Personally, I don't do any ore refinery. I just sell raw ore from outside the town to buy the fabric, leather, iron plates, & steel bars I need for crafting. Everything else can be built indoors.

Plus, if you build the storage close enough to where you're selling you can just drag and drop from the container to sell to the store without having to load up someone's backpack. Makes it really easy to queue up a bunch of mining and crafting jobs on auto-pilot while I'm off exploring, and I only need to spend a couple minutes to sell my goods and refill on materials.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: February 02, 2019, 06:22:34 pm »

I do whole manufacturing chains mainly to give my other guys something to do while a couple of dudes & dudettes train.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: February 02, 2019, 06:27:01 pm »

I do the production chain because building supplies and iron plates are bulky and I'd rather not have gofers running for hours each day scrounging them up from other settlements :P

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 68