Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 68

Author Topic: Kenshi - An open ended, squad-based Strategy RPG  (Read 178898 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kenshi - An open ended, squad-based Strategy RPG
« Reply #300 on: May 26, 2014, 06:10:12 pm »

PROSPECTING!!! It's finally in. Yays.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 26, 2014, 08:31:54 pm »

So guys, is this game worth nine euros and should I get it now or wait?

Also, do you think it will ever be finished and is it in a ready enough state to buy right now?
Well for 9 euros you can already squeeze quite a lot of playtime out of it and its being worked on in a good pace. Does it worth the investment reguarding playtime/money? hell yes. Does it worth it quality/money? A little less but still worth it.

Myself i sank over 200hr if not more into the game and i never regreted it. RPG? Check, Skill base (not level)? Check, Freeform basebuilding? Check. Nice damage system? Check... hard to go wrong from that :D
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 26, 2014, 08:52:14 pm »

Also, do you think it will ever be finished and is it in a ready enough state to buy right now?

The price goes up the further along in development it gets...better 9 euros now and patience than full price later

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 27, 2014, 09:56:06 am »

There was another cool video made by the composer about the music for the upcoming swamp biome... here.  Imma gonna get in on the beta and see what's up.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #304 on: May 27, 2014, 02:57:13 pm »

I think it's definitely worth 9. I've put a ton of hours into this as well. Even with features not yet unfinished, it does have great potential and its fairly addicting.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 27, 2014, 03:37:29 pm »

I say buy it now.  It has been in development for years.  No signs that it would stop.  So it is similar to DF for awesome staying power and continued development for the better.

And... it is still playable now. (Or I guess you could wait till it has more features to play on a later date.)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 28, 2014, 04:14:07 am »

As someone who bought the original Mount & Blade when it used a similar reduced price in early development, I would suggest that if Kenshi is M&B's equal in finished quality it would be one of the best deals on a non-free video game you will have an opportunity for.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 28, 2014, 01:19:51 pm »

This game is real good at first impressions. Right out of the box my characters won't move, bloody excellent.

EDIT: Aaaaaaand it crashed
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 01:38:25 pm by vagel7 »
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 28, 2014, 02:26:15 pm »

you doing the beta branch on steam or the stable branch?

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 28, 2014, 02:51:03 pm »

Stable. Seems that I have to restart the ENTIRE game if I want to start a new game.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 28, 2014, 03:23:01 pm »

Considering it, this might not be the best place for actual tech support, so if you don't get any answers here, you could check out the steam forum or the lofigame forum and see if anyone has had any similar problems.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 28, 2014, 03:58:32 pm »

I got past the movement bug by starting the entire game again.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 08, 2014, 02:35:18 pm »

is this game at a point where you would recommend a 'buy'. Not looking for potential or to support a developer. Is it good enough to worth spending money on right now.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 08, 2014, 02:47:48 pm »

is this game at a point where you would recommend a 'buy'. Not looking for potential or to support a developer. Is it good enough to worth spending money on right now.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 08, 2014, 08:16:05 pm »

tottaly worth.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 68