Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: "Make Science!" - The Dwarf Fortress Space Pirate Mod (for 0.31.25)  (Read 21610 times)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: "Make Science!" - The Dwarf Fortress Space Pirate Mod (for 0.31.25)
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2011, 10:59:47 pm »

There's a duplicate raw error for the ING creature. Was wondering why I wasn't getting any civs except space pirates, elves, and luminoth. :P

EDIT: I also can't seem to get the galactic federation to show up. Unless the galactic federation is labeled as "humans" on the embark screens, and even then they're not hostile.

Wait, ing showed up, just died off early.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 11:07:29 pm by Seriyu »

gauld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2011, 04:41:49 pm »

well, i've fixed the ing dying off early and humans being nice, but my game crashes around 30 or so minutes in, so i'm not releasing the fix until i figure out what went wrong... error log isn't updating which is weird as hell

found the most likely problem: the game begins using more and more memory.  theres likely some sort of bad code thats making a creature attempt something and fail that keeps happens in a loop until the game crashes.  gonna re check the new coding.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 05:26:21 pm by gauld »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2011, 05:54:51 pm »

I think the zelda mod had a similar problem with worldgen crashes. I believe they got a fairly stable set of worldgen parameters that, push comes to shove, you could just include in the mod.

I dunno of those specific parameters would work for this, but worth a shot I guess?

gauld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2011, 05:59:01 pm »

nevermind, normal dwarf fortress has a memory increase too...  and its not worldgen related so much as sometime an hour or so into the game it just stops.  it may be because i have a windows 7 computer, as i read about a glitch that causes a runtime error similar to what i've been getting.

anyway, i'm stumped.  it may also be related to the music taking up too much memory (around 100,000 kb more) so i've put the old music back into the sounds folder.  if you like the new music more and want to risk it, the super metroid title and game music are still in there, just rename them to song_title.ogg and song_game.ogg respectively.  at any rate, don't delete the old engine if you plan on playing this version.

samus, a few other megabeasts, and the ing should definitely survive worldgen now, there should be less human and more space pirate civilizations created, zoomer egg production has be lowered, and HOPEFULLY the humans wont be friendly anymore...
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 06:02:50 pm by gauld »

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2011, 06:34:17 pm »

Maybe you should add some sort of slow moving creature that has a syndrome which makes things go beserk, as the leviathan seed.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

gauld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2011, 07:50:25 pm »

perhaps it would spawn near hell, and secret a light blue gas that would have the similar effect as phazon sickness?

i made a test model of phazon sickness that puts a disease causing "dummy phazon" into phazon veins, but i don't think it works right, my miners haven't gone berserk or died from horrible phazon burns...  more thought must be put to this.

as for hell, should the creatures there be phazon related or x-parasite related?

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2011, 07:55:29 pm »

The HFS creatures should be Phazon-style versions of bosses
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2011, 04:05:25 am »

Yeah, going with phazon. Would it be possible to put a bunch of metroid primes down there?

Unless it's already a megabeast, I haven't checked for that, thinking about it.

gauld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2011, 09:29:29 am »

...you WANT to go up against multiple metroid primes!?   :o
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 09:44:42 am by gauld »

GregHayes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.opengameforge.org
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2011, 10:42:30 am »

For SCIENCE!

Wes

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2011, 12:22:24 pm »

For SCIENCE!

Exactly! We need to test if they are immune to having 10z levels of rock dropped on their heads.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2011, 02:32:41 pm »

When the new version comes out, will we be able to use phazon to make mutant pirates?

gauld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2011, 05:54:24 pm »

sadly enough, it seems like its impossible to make a reaction that creates non-vermin creatures, so i don't think we'll see phazon mutations any time soon ( a shame, i really wanted to make a phazon workshop...).

next version will have a updated graphic set, some phazon-based creatures (a few filled with harmful phazon gas, most having attacks that force contact with the stuff that'll cause some nasty side effects), and i'm thinking of splitting up the space pirate race into different castes according to the various species/colors (the different colors of metroid/super metroid pirates, the variants from metroid prime, flying pirates, and the variants from the ms paint space pirate comics)

GregHayes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.opengameforge.org
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2011, 12:13:38 am »

sadly enough, it seems like its impossible to make a reaction that creates non-vermin creatures, so i don't think we'll see phazon mutations any time soon ( a shame, i really wanted to make a phazon workshop...).

next version will have a updated graphic set, some phazon-based creatures (a few filled with harmful phazon gas, most having attacks that force contact with the stuff that'll cause some nasty side effects), and i'm thinking of splitting up the space pirate race into different castes according to the various species/colors (the different colors of metroid/super metroid pirates, the variants from metroid prime, flying pirates, and the variants from the ms paint space pirate comics)

I think he means the next version of DF, which will ostensibly have mutation-inducing syndromes.

gauld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2011, 06:49:06 am »

oh

hopefully so!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5