Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: "Make Science!" - The Dwarf Fortress Space Pirate Mod (for 0.31.25)  (Read 21604 times)

mechanicalDR

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: "Make Science!" - The Dwarf Fortress Space Pirate Mod (for 0.31.25)
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2011, 06:41:37 pm »

Is this still alive and kicking? I'd love to poke around and make this less of dwarf fortress with pirate costumes and more pirate fortress. A lot of the names of items could easily be changed to add more mood, such as picks to drills. A significant change that would do wonders is completely remove the wood industry and only use metal, would be much more space piratey. Relegate chopping woods only for furnace fuel, make fuel sources produce much more fuel to encourage mass metal industry without magma, or is this hard coded?

One problem is that zoomers don't appear to breed at all anymore, shame too, such cute little buggers.

Testing Samus was hilarious, put her unarmed against 30 pirates in phazon gear. She killed one and used his pirate helm as her weapon, bashed the hell out of the rest of them. Sooooooo funny.

It would be amazing if you need power for the metal smith, that way you have a reason for tubes going throughout your entire base.

Excellent work so far though! Don't be dead! I don't know whats hard coded and what isn't, I'll find out soon.

Zyro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2011, 08:26:53 pm »

If this thread is not dead,I've managed to fix the zoomers and geemers not breeding problem:You can't have egg clutches and egg details mixed with litter sizes and such or the game hiccups and says they can't breed at all.But then you're flooded with eggs or a zoom-splosion.

gauld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2011, 07:37:16 pm »

If this thread is not dead,I've managed to fix the zoomers and geemers not breeding problem:You can't have egg clutches and egg details mixed with litter sizes and such or the game hiccups and says they can't breed at all.But then you're flooded with eggs or a zoom-splosion.

It kind of was dead, actually... a few of my collaborators basically gave up so i called it quits as well... but if there's still interest i'm more than happy to continue developing it!

thanks for that!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 07:44:14 pm by gauld »

DwarvenBuffet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2012, 05:29:57 pm »

nooo this mod can't die, it's the only metroid mod  :'( !

Zyro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2012, 04:12:46 pm »

I heard the undead are more fun than the living.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]