Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Large gems not being stockpiled  (Read 1205 times)

zephyr_hound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Large gems not being stockpiled
« on: May 07, 2011, 04:28:27 am »

Where do they go? They're not getting put in finished goods (which does have "large gems" allowed at all qualities) and they're not getting put in gems. Green glass large gems are going in finished goods as they should do. The thing I've noticed is that the finished goods stockpile doesn't have a materials setting for gems - which might be why the green glass large gems are getting put there (glass/wood/leather/etc allowed) but the "real" large gems aren't. Is there some sort of obscure setting I'm missing? I've got an artifact smoky quartz sitting in my jeweler's shop and it's irritating to keep seeing it there.
Soapmaker? Looking for a fort to migrate to? Come to Ubenudil! Lush tropical climate, friendly neighbors, rumors of terrifying curse on the land entirely unfounded. Probably.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=85057.0
This message brought to you by the Soapmaker's Guild of Isakudil.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Large gems not being stockpiled
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 07:57:25 am »

It is a known bug. I do not know where the go though

BuGGaTon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fake Dorfly Mentor
    • View Profile
    • BoredGamer
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 08:25:42 am »

They used to go into the Gem stockpile like other gems but they're bugged at the moment.
Have any gameplay questions?  Try asking me during a live stream for a quick and helpful, yet derogatory reply!  Bloody elves.

http://www.twitch.tv/boredgameruk

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 12:13:06 pm »

They used to go into the Gem stockpile like other gems but they're bugged at the moment.
No they didn't; large gems are finished goods and have always been finished goods. Only rough and small gems get stored in a gem stockpile.

There's currently no fix for this particular problem. As you noticed, there's no setting for gems in a finished goods stockpile, so non-glass large gems and gem crafts aren't stocked anywhere. The best option, therefore, is to move these to the depot ASAP and leave them there, but that doesn't exactly work with artifacts.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 02:26:26 pm »

31.18 - large gems got moved to the finished goods pile

31.25 - the setting is still there, but it doesn't work (it's at the bottom of the first page, just after the stonecraft types)

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 02:35:44 pm »

31.18 - large gems got moved to the finished goods pile

31.25 - the setting is still there, but it doesn't work (it's at the bottom of the first page, just after the stonecraft types)
The setting for large gems isn't what matters. It's the fact that they're made out of gemstones. Large glass gems do get stocked, but for instance diamond gems don't. This is because the materials that can be selected for finished goods piles include stone/clay, metal, wood, cloth, animal products, glass, amber, coral, and wax, but gemstones aren't among the available toggleable materials. As such, no item made of gems can be put into a finished goods pile.

Back in 31.18, all inorganic substances were considered "metals," including gems, so they would get stocked in piles with all metals allowed.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2011, 05:28:15 pm »

Mine are getting stored, versions .21 and .25, I have a stockpile with:

finished goods > type > large gems
all other settings are on

I have large:
   levin opal
crystal opal
large heliodor
indigo tourmaline
   pink tourmaline

Aurum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2011, 06:03:50 pm »

In my experience, they stay in the jeweller's workshop. Hit t to view items in buildings, then go to your jeweller's shop.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 04:15:40 pm »

Mine are getting stored, versions .21 and .25, I have a stockpile with:

finished goods > type > large gems
all other settings are on

I have large:
   levin opal
crystal opal
large heliodor
indigo tourmaline
   pink tourmaline
correction, in 31.21 they were hauled and stockplied, in 31.25 they won't, the only reason I though it did before, was because I had a fort started in 31.21 with a large gem stockpile that I already had in that version with hauled large gems and everything, when I migrated to 31.25, no new large gems will get hauled to the old large gem stockpile and when I designated a new one the same....

In the plus side in 31.25 we finally can stockpile wooden blocks...

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 04:31:08 pm »

You could always quantum dump them. Just make sure they go in the correct dump and not the magma pit.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 07:22:30 pm »

Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz