Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Advanced Placement Courses  (Read 4404 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Advanced Placement Courses
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2011, 02:10:27 pm »

But I don't think colleges care about that much.

Yeah.  I've discovered that as well.  Of course, it doesn't help when you can't even adequately explain the context of your life without betraying someone.

Bah, I CAN.  Now, anyways.

... That's the nice thing about bridges being burned.  I don't feel any necessity to protect the people who hurt me anymore.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2011, 02:17:35 pm »

My school only offered three.  I took two: Calculus BC and European History.  I avoided English Lit like the plague.

good universities for grad school

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that your standards are higher than mine. xD  I'm sure you'll be fine.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2011, 02:18:15 pm »

good universities for grad school

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that your standards are higher than mine. xD  I'm sure you'll be fine.

Thank you >_<  You're nice.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2011, 02:24:12 pm »

... That's the nice thing about bridges being burned.  I don't feel any necessity to protect the people who hurt me anymore.

Yeah... my bridges aren't burned, and it's not as much about protection as respecting wishes.  I'll just say, I'm not the one who was abused... rather, I accepted the task (though I did not know what I was getting myself into) of healing wounds left by abuse, and there are still scars.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 02:25:49 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2011, 02:29:43 pm »

Yeah... my bridges aren't burned, and it's not as much about protection as respecting wishes.  I'll just say, I'm not the one who was abused... rather, I accepted the task (though I did not know what I was getting myself into) of healing wounds left by abuse, and there are still scars.

Yeah, that makes sense.  The situations sound very different, but at the same time, it really seems that you did the right thing =)

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2011, 04:44:03 pm »

So yeah, now you guys are making me feel stupid and worthless since I just took my AP German test and I'm scared about it.

How successful can you be if you understood everything(I think) and did well(I think) but did moderately bad(hopefully only moderately) on speaking?
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2011, 04:48:07 pm »

How successful can you be if you understood everything(I think) and did well(I think) but did moderately bad(hopefully only moderately) on speaking?

Pretty successful.  Speaking was always the hardest thing for me, by far.  And the Japanese test was ... well, I'll just say it was absurdly bad for me and leave it at that.

metime00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2011, 04:54:37 pm »

So even if it feels like you did absurdly bad you can still do well?!!? :D

I have these fears of not getting into a good college because of a lack of extracurricular activities, so these AP scores are important(I think). I actually don't know that much about colleges, now that I think about it...

I'm so screwed.
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2011, 04:57:17 pm »

So even if it feels like you did absurdly bad you can still do well?!!? :D

*cough*

Note grades on physics exams.

metime00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2011, 05:08:07 pm »

Oh goodie, that makes me feel better now! Until I get the scores back and they're a 2 :'(

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2011, 08:11:04 pm »

So you did good in the theoretical but not the practical?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2011, 08:14:14 pm »

So you did good in the theoretical but not the practical?

Yup, that's basically the shape of it =/  I've never been good at practical things.  Ever.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2011, 08:22:52 pm »

Totally understand that, I retook my Chem exam as I literally forgotten all of my equations

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2011, 11:00:33 pm »

Bay 12, I bow before you, I am now the stupid guy in the room.

Haha, wait till you get into a good uni. It's how I feel every day. Sure, maybe I took a year to design a simple robot and it's something to show off in college application. But in uni, design a control system without error, with the input/output regulated using a sound card. You have 3.5 days, or you fail the whole course and have to repeat the semester. 80% of the class succeeds.

I'm not american, no idea how AP courses are graded, but they mean nothing for your grades in college and only slightly for acceptance. Still.. they do train you to learn, and I sort of wish I had learned as much as I could before going to college. Grades are just the little treat dangled to motivate you.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2011, 11:09:35 pm »

actually they count as college credits depending on your score.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4