Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Horror! My King is an...  (Read 3792 times)

Psiborg

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
The Horror! My King is an...
« on: May 06, 2011, 05:54:36 pm »

ELF!!!!

Years of hard labour, tons of gold mined, 10M ursts of goods created, offerings given, a road paved in gold, all in hopes to one day to become the capital. The day comes and to my surprise no king comes up in my nobles screen. After looking at the units screen:

Ok...a king and a DRUID?? Lets view these creatures

NOOO THE HORROR!!!! Could the druid possibly be his consort? So many questions!

So I looked it up and this has only happened once before. What do I do? Suddenly the HSF seems more sane than the world above. Burn the world with magma?

I can upload the save if people are interested in finding ways to cure this horror. Just have to tell me where and how.

Look at them sitting at the edge of the map their beady eyes judging...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Psiborg

Edit: Looking in legends mode doesnt reveal anything spectaular about these elves, except for the fact that they are indeed married, they were both some of the first elves in my world, and he was pronouced king some 7 years before arriving.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 06:27:53 pm by Psiborg »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: The Horror! My King is an...
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 05:57:08 pm »

Wiki "Cacame" and then ask yourself, "Why would a civilization of dwarves ever accept an elf king?"  The answer, "He is a true dwarf."

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 05:57:57 pm »

Look him up in legends. Maybe he's another Cacame.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Psiborg

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 06:00:31 pm »

Yup doing that right now.

iyaerP

• Bay Watcher
  • has mandated the production of 3 gold shields.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 06:39:46 pm »

Since he has no cacame-esque worthieness, and doesn't ride a zombie wyrven, DROWN HIM IN MAGMA.

Then, abandon your fort, let a few years pass, and reclaim.

There should be a new king/queen declared.
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then youkill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
Dwarf Fortress: So horrifying the players would rather talk about nice things, like Warhammer 40k.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 06:54:53 pm »

Train him in hammerman and make him kill a dragon alone.

If he passes the test, he will be hailed as the reincarnation of Cacame Apebald the Immortal Onslaught, and will enter in legend.

If he failed, well... he died a worthy death, in combat.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 06:58:11 pm »

Trial by combat. Pit him against something nasty (a siege, various megabeasts, etc) by himself. If he lives, accept him, like what Naryar said.
But if he's your king, then why does his name say "Friendly" next to it? ???
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 07:12:22 pm »

That was how it was with Cacame too - friendly status not directly controlable.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 07:25:25 pm »

What a roleplaying opportunity! Practically calls for a community fort

Conquered by elves, you must revise your dwarven ways--now grow massive tree farms, complete with statues, fountains and tame beasts, make an elf wonderland, keep lower class dwarves oppressed, drinking well water and tantruming--if they assassinate the king, it is for the greater good, if they fight amongst themselves and let the elven oppressors rule, even better. 
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

drkpaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 07:29:42 pm »

On the plus side, I'd try assigning the king to a burrow so he doesn't just get killed by the first goblin to walk by.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2011, 07:31:12 pm »

On the plus side, I'd try assigning the king to a burrow so he doesn't just get killed by the first goblin to walk by.
Or assign him to a pasture *snerk*
Soaplent green is goblins!

callahan.44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2011, 07:40:47 pm »

In my current dwarf civ the last 16 kings have been elves. (spanning 260 years) There were about 90 dwarf kings before that, but they lost so many battles against 3 elf civs, I don't think there are any real dwarfs left.

Would have been amusing to Embark.. and WTF? why do I have 7 elves pretending to be dwarfs?
"I had it all. I had a fortress that was very decent, a military that was getting very respectable. I was close to being complete."
"Shit man, now it's all gone."

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2011, 08:14:15 pm »

In my current dwarf civ the last 16 kings have been elves. (spanning 260 years) There were about 90 dwarf kings before that, but they lost so many battles against 3 elf civs, I don't think there are any real dwarfs left.

Would have been amusing to Embark.. and WTF? why do I have 7 elves pretending to be dwarfs?
All your dwarves died, and then the elves your kingdom conquered survived to breed. They live forever so they will stay around until a magma incident.

Greyejoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2011, 09:48:04 pm »

Wiki "Cacame" and then ask yourself, "Why would a civilization of dwarves ever accept an elf king?"  The answer, "He is a true dwarf."

Damn you, I looked him up, and now I've lost just over 2 hours reading the entire thread and subsequent stories/epics. That was truly fantastic.
If you had necromancy powers, this would be a pretty solid way to prank people.
A creepy old man runs up to you and suddenly the skin in your backpack tries to kill you? High Octane Nightmare Fuel much.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2011, 09:55:39 pm »

Damn you, I looked him up, and now I've lost just over 2 hours reading the entire thread and subsequent stories/epics. That was truly fantastic.
The most interesting Elf in the world multiverse.
Pages: [1] 2