Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Placed a bed, now it's stuck... What?  (Read 738 times)

Placed a bed, now it's stuck... What?
« on: May 06, 2011, 03:34:00 pm »

So yeah, placed a bed in a regular 2x2 bedroom, and now I can't remove it. This really, really sucks because it was a well crafted artifact which I was going to give to the mayor, so does anyone have any clue what to do? Thanks in advance

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
Re: Placed a bed, now it's stuck... What?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 03:43:51 pm »

Can you see it with 'q'? That is , hit 'q' to query the building, move the marker to the bed, and see if you can "destroy building" on it with 'x'.
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 03:47:05 pm »

Can you see it with 'q'? That is , hit 'q' to query the building, move the marker to the bed, and see if you can "destroy building" on it with 'x'.
That's what I mean with "stuck", I can't... It doesn't even show up in the "q" menu.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 03:47:48 pm »

In that case it's not built, you just have a bed laying on the ground.  Make a furniture stockpile and someone will remove it...
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 03:50:14 pm »

In that case it's not built, you just have a bed laying on the ground.  Make a furniture stockpile and someone will remove it...
No, it is actually built, I can view it with the "k" menu and see that it is in fact placed, I just can't remove it.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 03:52:16 pm »

You can view things lying around with "k". If you can't use "q", it's almost certainly not built. Just try to build a bed next to it in the room, choosing the item at the top of the list. The bed should then be built.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 03:52:48 pm »

I can absolutely promise you that it's not built.  Place a furniture stockpile, and watch.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 04:04:09 pm »

Maybe he queued the bed someplace, but it hasn't been installed yet, and he's looking at the bed item and trying to undo it there? That would explain why it is visible with (k), but since the building isn't anywhere nearby it isn't selectable with (q) or (t).

Anyway, if that is the case, what you're going to have to do is find the particular bed blueprint that you selected the artifact for, then select that blueprint with (q) or (t) and hit (x) to remove the blueprint. The bed will then be available for placing elsewhere (unless you've forbidden it).
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 04:19:40 pm »

When you [k] over the bed, is it's name in yellow? If so, you haven't built it.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 07:29:24 pm »

Or alternatively take a long scroll through the (j)obs menu, until you see a suspended bed order, then unsuspend it, but i do think its perfectly fine, only you have no furniture stockpile space, so its sitting there all forgotten.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Syrup Roast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2011, 08:26:46 pm »

No, it is actually built, I can view it with the "k" menu and see that it is in fact placed, I just can't remove it.
Okay here's the deal. What you have there is your bed, but it's not built yet (read: installed properly). Apart from actually creating the bed, you have to order them to be built (installed) in a spot with b-b.

If it's not built yet and you just want to move it so it doesn't look cluttered (unbuilt/uninstalled beds do not hamper dwarf movement), try doing as girlinhat says and make a furniture stockpile where you want it to go.
My answer to just about everything is magma. In fact, most threads end up with me running in screaming it