Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29

Author Topic: Re: Nchardahrk - an Elder Scrolls mod V2.1 || Turning the Kalpa  (Read 107749 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Nchardahrk - an Elder Scrolls mod|||V1.9.7b Voidmetal Edition
« Reply #330 on: June 04, 2014, 02:49:50 pm »

c0da.es

The wikia is shit, btw.

Canon does not exist. This was the prevailing notion far before C0DA came out. C0DA is really not about that in general. MK used C0DA to make the idea slightly more... "official", or rather somewhat more sanctioned. At least, the actual people who make the "official" lore seem to like it.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 04, 2014, 03:52:36 pm »

Ah, thank you!

Is there a better source for information (besides For(a/ums/i/ili), those eat too much time)?
Taste my Paci-Fist

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 04, 2014, 04:09:20 pm »

UESP wiki and Imperial Library
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

HooliganintheFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 05, 2014, 06:03:33 pm »

I got a question regarding TES lore, why did the dwemer enslave their aboveground cousins? I would think they would help the snow elves battle the expanding Nords.

Edit: Did they want more power?
Also, since the snow elves have been underground for so long and isolated, did heavy inbreeding  damage their physical and mental characteristics?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 06:14:03 pm by HooliganintheFort »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 05, 2014, 06:34:38 pm »

I got a question regarding TES lore, why did the dwemer enslave their aboveground cousins? I would think they would help the snow elves battle the expanding Nords.

Edit: Did they want more power?
Also, since the snow elves have been underground for so long and isolated, did heavy inbreeding  damage their physical and mental characteristics?
This is best taken to the Skyrim thread in Other Games. But to answer you question, it is not known yet, from everything I've seen. Putnam may be able to confirm or correct me.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 05, 2014, 06:56:17 pm »

Not known, but good guesses can be made.

For one, the Falmer were very religious. Note the living intelligent ones and how closely associated to Auri-El they are. Yeah, that's not something that they would appreciate.

The Falmer are the way they are because the Dwemer made them that way. The Dwemer felt that the Gods were no better than them, and the Falmer thought themselves below Auri-El...

HooliganintheFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 05, 2014, 06:59:41 pm »

Not known, but good guesses can be made.

For one, the Falmer were very religious. Note the living intelligent ones and how closely associated to Auri-El they are. Yeah, that's not something that they would appreciate.

The Falmer are the way they are because the Dwemer made them that way. The Dwemer felt that the Gods were no better than them, and the Falmer thought themselves below Auri-El...

Oh, thanks for the answer and quick response.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 16, 2014, 06:51:48 am »

Why Morrowind music?

Why not music from Arena or Daggerfall? It's much more thematic considering that these game also have a random world generation system, like DF.
._.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 16, 2014, 09:50:27 am »

Why Morrowind music?

Why not music from Arena or Daggerfall? It's much more thematic considering that these game also have a random world generation system, like DF.

Arena and Daggerfall technically used a random world generator, but the world is the same every time you play (it uses the same seed number). Basically, they did that because they didn't want to have to hand-make 100,000 km2 of land manually.

Oblivion actually did the same thing, but it was hand-molded afterward.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 16, 2014, 10:17:07 am »

Why Morrowind music?

Only the main menu/worldgen music is Morrowind's. I added Skyrim music to fort mode, but I am unsure if it plays or not (it doesn't for me, but no one else has reported it).

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 16, 2014, 03:05:30 pm »

Why Morrowind music?

Only the main menu/worldgen music is Morrowind's. I added Skyrim music to fort mode, but I am unsure if it plays or not (it doesn't for me, but no one else has reported it).
No music in DF mode: confirmed. I've generated a world and started playing. No music.

Semi-related: This thing is beautiful
._.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 16, 2014, 04:30:06 pm »

If anyone is capable of taking that song and making it play, could you tell me how you did so? The song should be in the \Nchardahrk\data\sound directory and be called song_game.ogg

I ran it through an online converter and it worked. No idea why the previous method didn't work. I'll do a new update with these as well as various other pieces of TES music for players to choose.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 04:35:50 pm by Deathsword »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 16, 2014, 04:46:22 pm »

What was the previous method? I always just export it as .ogg with Audacity.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 17, 2014, 05:11:27 pm »

I can't remember, actually. I guess it doesn't really matter.

Anyway, I'll start working on an alchemy system now, which will start with renaming (and changing sprite and colours as needed) vanilla DF plants to TES plants. If anyone has any suggestions for alchemy, I'm open to them.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 18, 2014, 04:56:24 am »

I can't remember, actually. I guess it doesn't really matter.

Anyway, I'll start working on an alchemy system now, which will start with renaming (and changing sprite and colours as needed) vanilla DF plants to TES plants. If anyone has any suggestions for alchemy, I'm open to them.
If it's possible, leave the way to get obscenely strong by using alchemy. Like this.

It's one of the core parts of TES experience  ;D
._.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29