Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29

Author Topic: Re: Nchardahrk - an Elder Scrolls mod V2.1 || Turning the Kalpa  (Read 107671 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Nchardahrk - an Elder Scrolls mod|||V1.9.5a Thrassian Contagion
« Reply #255 on: December 02, 2013, 08:31:44 am »

Yeah, the interactions are all sorts of messed up. Minor issues like this (under MAD):

[CE_MENT_ATT_CHANGE:EMPATHY:30:0:WILLPOWER:30:0:PATIENCE:30:0:MEMORY:30:START:0]

should be

[CE_MENT_ATT_CHANGE:EMPATHY:30:0:WILLPOWER:30:0:PATIENCE:30:0:MEMORY:30:0:START:0]

And very, very major issues like this:

[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:0]
               [CE:COUNTER_TRIGGER:COMBATHARDNESS:50:100:REQUIRED]   
               [CDI:ADV_NAME:Cast polymorph]
               [CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
               [CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD]
               [CDI:VERB:cast the polymorph spell:gestures at their target:NA]
               [CDI:TARGET_VERB:suddenly become a sheep:twists into the form of a very confused sheep:NA]
               [CDI:TARGET:A:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
               [CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:A:1]
               [CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:2000]
               [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:PROB:100:START:0:END:200][CE:CREATURE:SHEEP:MALE]

The CDI gives no interaction and the syndrome transforms the person who is syndrome'd into a sheep.

Most of the issues are of the first kind.
I take the correct way would be to do this:
                               [CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:0]
               [CE:COUNTER_TRIGGER:COMBATHARDNESS:50:100:REQUIRED]   
               [CDI:ADV_NAME:Cast polymorph]
               [CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
                                    [CDI:INTERACTION:POLYMORPH]
               [CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD]
               [CDI:VERB:cast the polymorph spell:gestures at their target:NA]
               [CDI:TARGET_VERB:suddenly become a sheep:twists into the form of a very confused sheep:NA]
               [CDI:TARGET:A:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
               [CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:A:1]
               [CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:2000]

And add the transformation inside the POLYMORPH recation being called?

Thanks for pointing it all out, I'll fix those.

EDIT: I think I managed to find and fix all bugs in the interactions. I'll do a test to be sure.

EDIT: Everything appears to be working, I got no crashes. Fixed version uploaded
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 09:25:19 am by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
Re: Nchardahrk - an Elder Scrolls mod|||V1.9.5 Thrassian Contagion
« Reply #256 on: December 02, 2013, 09:21:05 am »

Coo, I'll wait :)  thank you and you too, Putnam!

EDIT:  working great now :)

Also, just started a Story fort (which might become a succession fort)

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=133949.0
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 03:46:11 pm by Nyxalinth »
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 10, 2013, 02:29:09 am »

Could you put this on Github?

(I really like Github and kinda want to encourage its use among modders >_>)

EDIT: I got bored, modded Pelinal into my game, roleplayed the madman and decided to write a bit of backstory:

A man in strange armor found himself in a strange land surrounded by familiar people. He left to look for another town to get his bearings; entering, he saw it full of Dunmer.

And he slew one hundred thirty-five of them; but their Ashkhan saw what was happening to his people at the hands of PELIN-EL the Whitestrake. And he took Pelinal into his mind to show him the reality of his situation: he is in the dream of Padhome, counterpart of Anu the Amaranth; for you see, Padhome was not truly killed by Anu, but became the Amaranth just the same; but Padhome's nature made the world chaotic and unstable, and thus often changing in its entire. Pelinal did not understand, as he was still blinded by the rage of the sight of the Elves who stole his Heart's Divine Spark; and the Ashkhan decided to banish him from Padhome's dream and he went to where he belonged.

Yeah, the whole "dream-jumping" thing is a bit of a stretch, but, hey, Pelinal was already the Terminator.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 05:36:04 am by Putnam »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 10, 2013, 11:16:04 am »

Could you put this on Github?

(I really like Github and kinda want to encourage its use among modders >_>)

EDIT: I got bored, modded Pelinal into my game, roleplayed the madman and decided to write a bit of backstory:

A man in strange armor found himself in a strange land surrounded by familiar people. He left to look for another town to get his bearings; entering, he saw it full of Dunmer.

And he slew one hundred thirty-five of them; but their Ashkhan saw what was happening to his people at the hands of PELIN-EL the Whitestrake. And he took Pelinal into his mind to show him the reality of his situation: he is in the dream of Padhome, counterpart of Anu the Amaranth; for you see, Padhome was not truly killed by Anu, but became the Amaranth just the same; but Padhome's nature made the world chaotic and unstable, and thus often changing in its entire. Pelinal did not understand, as he was still blinded by the rage of the sight of the Elves who stole his Heart's Divine Spark; and the Ashkhan decided to banish him from Padhome's dream and he went to where he belonged.

Yeah, the whole "dream-jumping" thing is a bit of a stretch, but, hey, Pelinal was already the Terminator.
That he was. Mind sharing Pelinal's code?

(Also, I'll place it on Github when I can)
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 10, 2013, 11:27:27 am »

PTWing.

This might be one of those mods that will make me download 34.11 for :P

Continue your work, please :3
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 10, 2013, 01:31:40 pm »

It was whipped up really quickly (I was bored):
'
Code: [Select]
creature_tes_pelinal

[OBJECT:CREATURE]

[CREATURE:WHITESTRAKE]
[DESCRIPTION:{And then} Kyne granted Perrif another symbol, a diamond soaked red with the blood of elves, {whose} facets could {un-sector and form} into a man whose every angle could cut her jailers and a name: PELIN-EL {which is} "The Star-Made Knight" {and he} was arrayed in armor {from the future time}....]
[NAME:Whitestrake:Whitestrake:Whitestrake]
[CASTE_NAME:Whitestrake:Whitestrake:Whitestrake]
[CREATURE_TILE:'P'][COLOR:3:0:0]
[DIFFICULTY:15] 11 or higher does not get assigned as adv mode quests
[FANCIFUL]
[NOPAIN][EXTRAVISION][NOBREATHE][NOSTUN][NONAUSEA][NOEMOTION]
[NOTHOUGHT][NOEXERT]
[NO_DIZZINESS]
[NO_FEVERS]
[BUILDINGDESTROYER:2]
[LARGE_PREDATOR]
[NO_DRINK][NO_EAT][NO_SLEEP]
[SPHERE:METALS]
[SPHERE:STRENGTH]
[SPHERE:WAR]
[NOT_LIVING]
[CANOPENDOORS]
[NOT_BUTCHERABLE]
[EQUIPS]
[NOFEAR]
[PREFSTRING:killing light]
[INTELLIGENT]
[NATURAL_SKILL:ARMOR:20]
[NATURAL_SKILL:SHIELD:20]
[NATURAL_SKILL:SWORD:20]
[NATURAL_SKILL:MELEE_COMBAT:20]
[NATURAL_SKILL:WRESTLING:20]
[NATURAL_SKILL:BALANCE:20]
[NOBONES]
[BODY:HUMANOID:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:5FINGERS:5TOES:MOUTH:TONGUE:FACIAL_FEATURES:TEETH:RIBCAGE]
[NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT]
[TISSUE:STEEL]
[TISSUE_NAME:skin:skin]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:STEEL]
[MUSCULAR]
[FUNCTIONAL]
[STRUCTURAL]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
[CONNECTS]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:STEEL]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:70000]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[ATTACK:PUNCH:BODYPART:BY_TYPE:GRASP]
[ATTACK_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:punch:punches]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
[ATTACK:KICK:BODYPART:BY_TYPE:STANCE]
[ATTACK_SKILL:STANCE_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:kick:kicks]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:SECOND]
[SWIMS_INNATE]

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 23, 2013, 11:30:41 pm »

Playtest bugpost time.

Dwemer have incorrect profession names; they seem to be Khajiit, as they are swordscat, markscat etc. instead of swordsmer, marksmer etc.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 24, 2013, 02:31:05 am »

DEATHSWOOOOORD! Don't make me resurrect my Dwemer Fortress! WORK!

Heh, Putnam seems to be TomiTapio of Nachandahrk :3.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 01, 2014, 12:06:25 pm »

Playtest bugpost time.

Dwemer have incorrect profession names; they seem to be Khajiit, as they are swordscat, markscat etc. instead of swordsmer, marksmer etc.

I just checked the raws, they're not. I'll start a fort to investigate.

Straight from creature_tes_dwemer:
Code: [Select]
                [PROFESSION_NAME:MECHANIC:tonal architect:tonal architects]
[PROFESSION_NAME:CRAFTSMAN:craftsmer:craftsmer]
[PROFESSION_NAME:FISHERMAN:fishermer:fishermer]
[PROFESSION_NAME:HAMMERMAN:hammermer:hammermer]
[PROFESSION_NAME:SPEARMAN:spearmer:spearmer]
[PROFESSION_NAME:CROSSBOWMAN:marksmer:marksmer]
[PROFESSION_NAME:AXEMAN:axemer:axemer]
[PROFESSION_NAME:SWORDSMAN:swordsmer:swordsmer]
[PROFESSION_NAME:MACEMAN:macemer:macemer]
[PROFESSION_NAME:PIKEMAN:pikemer:pikemer]
[PROFESSION_NAME:BOWMAN:bowmer:bowmer]
[PROFESSION_NAME:MASTER_CROSSBOWMAN:elite marksmer:elite marksmer]
[PROFESSION_NAME:MASTER_BOWMAN:elite bowmer:elite bowmer]

Deon: I'm working on the masterwork goblins right now. I've got some work partially done, but it's got to wait until I'm done there.

EDIT: did a test fort. I have no idea what happened to you Putnam, everything's fine in my tests.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 12:12:29 pm by Deathsword »

Pallbearer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 10, 2014, 07:56:26 am »

Hi, is there a list of the features included in this mod available anywhere? Skimming through this thread hasn't really revealed anything comprehensive at a glance, aside from tidbits. I checked the .rar too, but I'm either blind or there's no readme other than the manual, which doesn't have a segment on what's included in the mod.
I just want to make sure I'm not going to miss out on something that I'd have overlooked otherwise.

I'm really looking forward to playing Nchardahrk as I'm a long time fan of tES, and it's great to see plenty of lore buffs behind this mod. Thanks for all the work you guys have put into the mod. :)

DireWolf64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 10, 2014, 09:50:47 pm »

Those fucking sloads!!!! a sload caravan arrived at my fortress and every single dead body part and corpse on the map resurrected, and then four other caravans arrived, who got slaughtered by the undead horde and then turned into undead themselves, then this huge horde attacked my fortress and left nothing alive except one lonely, moody glassmaker who was safe in the fortress because the undead didn't feel like entering the fortress to finish him off. Oh, and he went insane, so a stupid sload caravan destoyed my fort......that probably was the most !!FUN!! I've ever had with DF!
There's a fine balance of "child is suffering" and "child is dead".

Pallbearer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 11, 2014, 02:05:00 am »

Minor feedback on race descriptions:

Capitalisation nitpicks:
A few of the races have descriptions that lack capitalisation. In tES a races name is capitalised, so orsimer should be Orismer all the time, not just at the beginning of a new sentence. Think about how we capitalise African, or European, or whatever.
Green Pact should be capitalised in the Bosmer description.
I'm fairly certain that Daedra should be capitalised too, and that Prince should be too if it refers to a Daedric Prince.

Typo nitpicks:
Argonians have "reptillian" instead of "reptilian", and "sawmps" instead of "swamps".
Bretons have "intelectual" instead of "intellectual".
Kothringi have "proprieties" which should be "properties".
Durzogs have "reptiallian" instead of "reptilian".
Chaurus have "benath" instead of "beneath".
Scalons have "suprising" instead of "surprising".
Forsworn have "opress" instead of "oppress".
Tscaeci have "it's" instead of "its".
The Mane has "it's" instead of "its".
Centurion Archers have "dwmer" instead of "Dwemer". Same issue with the Centurion Ballista.
Verminous have "schyte-like" instead of "scythe-like".
Sload have "hesistate" instead of "hesitate".
Ideal Masters have "it's" instead of "its".

Regular nitpicks:
Maybe the description for the Falmer could reference their degeneration?
This: "A small blind creature that can barely be called an elf, it hates the light, the surface-dwelling races and, above all, the dwemer."
Compared to this: "A blind, pale creature of a once proud race of mer. Degenerated through generations of a diet of toxic fungus administered by the Dwemer, they now shun the surface and war on its inhabitants."

Also, maybe for Khajiit they could have something like: "A feline-like being, said among themselves to be a race of Bosmer changed by Azura."

I'm not very good at writing, but something like that makes them feel a little more fleshed out, in my opinion.

Another question: are there any plans for the Wild Hunt?
"Wild Hunt is a magical trait innate to all Bosmer. It is brought on by a collective ritual performed by many Bosmer, causing them to shapeshift into a horde of feral, supernatural beasts. These monsters stampede, changing their form constantly, slaying and devouring all in their path and eventually, when left with no surviving targets, turn upon themselves in a "cannibalistic orgy"."

So basically, they transform, rampage, then when there are no more enemies they turn on themselves in the wild rage. I'm pretty sure the Wild Hunt is the source of quite a few monster in tES, as those that escape unscathed (or are the last one standing with nothing left to kill or be killed by) don't revert to their Bosmer form.

EDIT:
In Adventure mode I started as an Argonian with points in blowgunning. My starting blowgun was adamantine. That's probably not intentional, so I thought I'd add it here.
I also had a voriplasm skin dress. I'm assuming that because they're slime creatures their skin being wearable probably isn't intentional either.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 10:48:57 am by Pallbearer »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 11, 2014, 10:48:16 am »

Capitalisation nitpicks:
A few of the races have descriptions that lack capitalisation. In tES a races name is capitalised, so orsimer should be Orismer all the time, not just at the beginning of a new sentence. Think about how we capitalise African, or European, or whatever.
I'm fairly certain that Daedra should be capitalised too, and that Prince should be too if it refers to a Daedric Prince.
Capitalization is kind of wierd in DF. I opted to keep it in standard with vanilla DF stuff.

Typo nitpicks:
I'll fix the typos.

"Wild Hunt is a magical trait innate to all Bosmer. It is brought on by a collective ritual performed by many Bosmer, causing them to shapeshift into a horde of feral, supernatural beasts. These monsters stampede, changing their form constantly, slaying and devouring all in their path and eventually, when left with no surviving targets, turn upon themselves in a "cannibalistic orgy"."

So basically, they transform, rampage, then when there are no more enemies they turn on themselves in the wild rage. I'm pretty sure the Wild Hunt is the source of quite a few monster in tES, as those that escape unscathed (or are the last one standing with nothing left to kill or be killed by) don't revert to their Bosmer form.
Yes, actually. I have been planning it for some time. I plan to add racial interactions to all races, the sload being the first.

Those fucking sloads!!!! a sload caravan arrived at my fortress and every single dead body part and corpse on the map resurrected, and then four other caravans arrived, who got slaughtered by the undead horde and then turned into undead themselves, then this huge horde attacked my fortress and left nothing alive except one lonely, moody glassmaker who was safe in the fortress because the undead didn't feel like entering the fortress to finish him off. Oh, and he went insane, so a stupid sload caravan destoyed my fort......that probably was the most !!FUN!! I've ever had with DF!
Wait, are they still sending caravans? Are you using v1.9.5?

Quick fix if yes to both question: go to the raw/objects folder, open entity_tes_sload and delete the following line [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE:1].

Pallbearer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 11, 2014, 11:00:04 am »

Capitalization is kind of wierd in DF. I opted to keep it in standard with vanilla DF stuff.
Ah, I understand.

I'll fix the typos.
Thanks. It's really not hugely important or anything, I just thought I'd try to give some feedback. :)

Yes, actually. I have been planning it for some time. I plan to add racial interactions to all races, the sload being the first.
That sounds awesome, I look forward to having lots of !!FUN!! once you're done.

I'm going to repost this here in case you didn't see it, as I edited this into my post around the time you typed your response:

"In Adventure mode I started as an Argonian with points in blowgunning. My starting blowgun was adamantine. That's probably not intentional.
I also had a voriplasm skin dress. I'm assuming that because they're slime creatures their skin being wearable probably isn't intentional either."

If you had a changelog/feature list I'd be able to see whether something should be reported as a bug or oversight, or whether it simply hasn't been implemented yet.

EDIT:
I'm now stabbing a Sload to death with my new Argonian spearlizard. Unfortunately, the Sload doesn't want to die. It has had both if its lungs punctured, same with the liver, pancreas, and kidneys. Not to mention that the Sload has been disemboweled. I don't think there's anything in the lore regarding Sload resilience, but I've certainly been stabbing this slug long enough for me to believe that it should reasonably be dead.

EDIT EDIT:
It passed out and I stabbed it in the head, killing it instantly. So, they CAN die, it's just that they don't seem to need to breathe. I assume that it would have bled out given enough time.

EDIT EDIT EDIT:
KINMUNE's intestines probably shouldn't be edible.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 11:32:14 am by Pallbearer »

DireWolf64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 11, 2014, 11:51:57 am »

Capitalisation nitpicks:

Typo nitpicks:
I'll fix the typos.

Wait, are they still sending caravans? Are you using v1.9.5?

Quick fix if yes to both question: go to the raw/objects folder, open entity_tes_sload and delete the following line [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE:1].
Actually, I'm using an old version (1.8 probably) good to hear that you've fixed this in the new version, will definitely check that one out, I just didn't want to download the new version because I already had a fort underway in the old one, but now that's gone I'll check out the latest version.
There's a fine balance of "child is suffering" and "child is dead".
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29