Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29

Author Topic: Re: Nchardahrk - an Elder Scrolls mod V2.1 || Turning the Kalpa  (Read 107687 times)

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
Re: Nchardahrk - an Elder Scrolls mod|||V1.9.02 Worldgen bug fixed
« Reply #225 on: October 24, 2013, 01:50:55 pm »

Still enjoying the mod.  However, I lost my fort today when sload Merchants showed up...and every single blasted corpse in the area suddenly reanimated.  I couldn't find a Necromancer, and to my knowledge, didn't embark anywhere with a tower in view when I was choosing the site.  also, I didn't embark on, near, or in any evil areas.  In TES lore, Sloads were often into necromancy.  Were you trying to include that aspect of their culture and it carried over to the merchants?  I ended up abandoning, but maybe shouldn't have.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 24, 2013, 01:55:46 pm »

I don't have the raws open right now, so I'm going to guess that some sloads (by caste) are necromancers and you happened to get one with the caravan. A quick solution would be to have Sload not come with caravans.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 24, 2013, 02:03:58 pm »

I don't have the raws open right now, so I'm going to guess that some sloads (by caste) are necromancers and you happened to get one with the caravan. A quick solution would be to have Sload not come with caravans.
All sloads are capable of necromancy. I thought gave them [EVIL], which should have prevented caravans, but I guess that didn't happen. A quick solution right now is to either add [EVIL] to creature_tes_sload or going into entity_tes_sload.txt and removing the following line:
Code: [Select]
[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE:1]
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 24, 2013, 02:07:06 pm »

Putting [EVIL] into a creature won't prevent that at all. What you want to remove is [COMMON_DOMESTIC_PACK] and [COMMON_DOMESTICK_PULL].

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 24, 2013, 02:21:52 pm »

Putting [EVIL] into a creature won't prevent that at all. What you want to remove is [COMMON_DOMESTIC_PACK] and [COMMON_DOMESTICK_PULL].
Don't evil creatures trade only with other evil creatures?

That said, I've fixed that in my own version, which I plan on releasing soon (assuming I don't get sidetracked by another mod I'm working on).
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 24, 2013, 02:34:31 pm »

Don't evil creatures trade only with other evil creatures?

That's BABYSNATCHER/ITEM_THIEF.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #231 on: October 26, 2013, 03:32:21 pm »

Thanks for the help!  I'll do that.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 26, 2013, 09:21:14 pm »

Let me remind all that the Mane is and never will be elected despite what ES:O says.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 26, 2013, 09:25:55 pm »

Let me remind all that the Mane is and never will be elected despite what ES:O says.
Indeed. I take this comment was made based on an announcement from ESO? Or was it something else?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 26, 2013, 09:45:24 pm »

Yeah, there was a bit of a q&a thing they did a while back that I just remembered that mentioned the "selection of a new mane" even though selecting a new mane makes about as much sense as selecting a new Shezarrine (I.E it's pretty well decided at birth)

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 27, 2013, 05:24:06 pm »

The Dwemer never had anything against Bosmer, as far as I know; then again, they never even had contact as far as I know.

Yeah, I don't think the Dwemer ever made contact with the Bosmer - as far as I'm aware they mostly lived in the northern reaches, places like Skyrim and Vvardenfell primarily, with the Nibenay being the extreme southern edge of their outposts.

Of course, we haven't SEEN Valenwood or Elsewyr yet, so no guarantees.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #236 on: November 12, 2013, 11:08:59 am »

I ended up removing Sloads altogether for now, and am about to start a new fort.  Thinking of leaving Invaders off until I'm ready for them.

Thief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 15, 2013, 03:29:07 am »

Can you add phoebus's tileset (Soz im not used to numbers and patterns)
Remind me never to leave you in charge of a fort that requires basic math to survive.

Thief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 15, 2013, 12:08:04 pm »

Download Here

Exactly what it says on the tin.

As you may have already guessed, you play as the dwemer (in a scenario in wich they haven't dissapeared).

Putnam made V1.3p, so credit goes to him.

There is be some comentary in the raws, in case anyone likes to read that. Mostly notes from putnam and some reminders I made for myself, plus some useless banter or in where a creature first appeared.

HOW TO INSTALL: The mod is prepackaged. This means all you have to do is extract it.

Credits:
-Narhiril, for allowing me to use her weapons and some of her cloning code.
-Putnam for updating the mod to 0.34.7 and correcting many bugs and horrible mistakes of mine, help and feedback, making the Tamriel worldgen and allowing me to use part of his code.
-Deon for advice, pointing out bugs and his mod, Genesis, which inspired me into learning how to mod DF in the first place.
-Meph for allowing me to use a bit of his code.

If you have any ideas, please feel free to share them.

Also, report any bugs you find.

IMPORTANT: Worldgen may reset quite a few times due to the high number of civs. There isn't much I can do about it.

Waswondering,Why it said 12905 rejected... Patience
Remind me never to leave you in charge of a fort that requires basic math to survive.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 15, 2013, 04:17:22 pm »

Can you add phoebus's tileset (Soz im not used to numbers and patterns)
No.

Why not: While adding the tileset would be a trivial matter, any content added by this mod would not have graphics. Which means I'd have to make them. Guess who has zero drawing skills. Me. Thus, no graphics.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29