Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29

Author Topic: Re: Nchardahrk - an Elder Scrolls mod V2.1 || Turning the Kalpa  (Read 107651 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Nchardahrk - an Elder Scrolls mod|||V1.9.5 Thrassian Contagion
« Reply #270 on: January 11, 2014, 11:59:34 am »

I'm going to repost this here in case you didn't see it, as I edited this into my post around the time you typed your response:

"In Adventure mode I started as an Argonian with points in blowgunning. My starting blowgun was adamantine. That's probably not intentional.
I also had a voriplasm skin dress. I'm assuming that because they're slime creatures their skin being wearable probably isn't intentional either."
Can't do much about voriplasm skin being tannable. Also can't control what materials you start with in adventure mode. Remember that this is TES adamantine, not DF adamantine (which has been replaced with another spoiler-metal).

If you had a changelog/feature list I'd be able to see whether something should be reported as a bug or oversight, or whether it simply hasn't been implemented yet.
I'll make a feature list as soon as I can. No changelog since I can't remember what versions had what changes.

EDIT:
I'm now stabbing a Sload to death with my new Argonian spearlizard. Unfortunately, the Sload doesn't want to die. It has had both if its lungs punctured, same with the liver, pancreas, and kidneys. Not to mention that the Sload has been disemboweled. I don't think there's anything in the lore regarding Sload resilience, but I've certainly been stabbing this slug long enough for me to believe that it should reasonably be dead.

EDIT EDIT:
It passed out and I stabbed it in the head, killing it instantly. So, they CAN die, it's just that they don't seem to need to breathe. I assume that it would have bled out given enough time.

EDIT EDIT EDIT:
KINMUNE's intestines probably shouldn't be edible.
I don't know why sload are being that resilient. There is nothing special to them, body-wise.

I'm more suprised you manage to kill KINMUNE in the first place. Care to say how so I can make her more invulnerable?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Pallbearer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 11, 2014, 01:06:27 pm »

Can't do much about voriplasm skin being tannable. Also can't control what materials you start with in adventure mode. Remember that this is TES adamantine, not DF adamantine (which has been replaced with another spoiler-metal).
Ah, I was confused because it's adamantium in tES, not adamantine. I thought it might have accidentally been left in from Vanilla DF.

I'll make a feature list as soon as I can. No changelog since I can't remember what versions had what changes.
I'd really, really appreciate that. It should hopefully attract more people to your mod as well. Although I can't speak for others, I know that personally I won't install a mod when I don't know what it does. Nchardahrk is basically the exception because I love tES.

I don't know why sload are being that resilient. There is nothing special to them, body-wise.

I'm more suprised you manage to kill KINMUNE in the first place. Care to say how so I can make her more invulnerable?
Strange, maybe this one was just had some particularly good dice rolls. If I encounter another Sload I'll kill it and report back.

As for KINMUNE, I started with her intestines as rations. You already explained this one with what you said about Adventure Mode material selection though.
Is there a way to give her wires or something instead though, seeing as she's a psychic mining probe from the future? I know she took the form of Queen Ayrenn, but I assumed her innards would remain mechanical in nature.
Re: killing her, I managed that in Arena mode with around ~30 Dwemer Grand Masters armed with Dwemer armour and Dwemer glaives, so unless she's unbutcherable (not too sure how that works, is it based on a [SENTIENT] tag or something, and then on the ethics of the Civ you're playing?) it's possible, if unlikely, that in Fort Mode you'd be able to take her down and enjoy delicious prepared KINMUNE intestines.
I can't remember what the killing blow was though, unfortunately.

Do you plan on adding Reman I as a creature? He should be naturally skilled in biting, for ease of tearing of his enemies lower jaws and then biting their faces until they explode. :)

EDIT:
Here's some context for the Reman face biting comment, in case you haven't seen this particular text:
"Reman took the knight's helm off during this accusation to see the vulgar mouth more clearly, the lips and teeth that framed him to this barbaric angle, and then the Chim-el Adabal in his forehead erupted into balefire, saying, "None But Ourself". Reman then bit out the knight's teeth with his own, growling against and with this new-known power, worrying the lower jaw until it tore free, his hands held hard against the knight's flailing and now tongueless chokes, and his biting increased into a skipping blur until the knight's face exploded into his own."

I'm pretty sure he was fourteen at the time too. :P
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 01:13:30 pm by Pallbearer »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 11, 2014, 01:16:15 pm »

As for KINMUNE, I started with her intestines as rations. You already explained this one with what you said about Adventure Mode material selection though.
Is there a way to give her wires or something instead though, seeing as she's a psychic mining probe from the future? I know she took the form of Queen Aryenn, but I assumed her innards would remain mechanical in nature.
Re: killing her, I managed that in Arena mode with around ~30 Dwemer Grand Masters armed with Dwemer armour and Dwemer glaives, so unless she's unbutcherable (not too sure how that works, is it based on a [SENTIENT] tag or something, and then on the ethics of the Civ you're playing?) it's possible, if unlikely, that in Fort Mode you'd be able to take her down and enjoy delicious prepared KINMUNE intestines.
I can't remember what the killing blow was though, unfortunately.
I forgot to add [NOT_BUTCHERABLE] to KINMUNE, so I guess that's the cause.

Do you plan on adding Reman I as a creature? He should be naturally skilled in biting, for ease of tearing of his enemies lower jaws and then biting their faces until they explode. :)
Reman appears as a god. Check the character list, he should appear as Reman, emperor god.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Pallbearer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 11, 2014, 01:24:59 pm »

[...]
Awesome. Thanks for all of the speedy responses, by the way.

I'll have to have a look at this DFHack God stuff, it seems very interesting. The Vivec "Love" comment was pretty amusing.

Pallbearer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 12, 2014, 07:59:53 am »

A tiny, insignificant thing I would have missed, had I not been making personal modifications.

[CASTE_NAME:dremora markynaz:dremora markinazes:dremora] should be [CASTE_NAME:dremora markynaz:dremora markynazes:dremora], if the other entries are anything to go by.

EDIT:
It also looks like [CASTE_NAME:aureal aurmokel:aureal armokels:aureal] should be [CASTE_NAME:aureal aurmokel:aureal aurmokels:aureal]

Looks like you haven't been sacrificing enough Dwarves to Armok, it seems he's trying to send you a message. :P

EDIT EDIT:
Ogrim have "deadra" instead of "daedra", and "strenght" instead of "strength" in their description.
Seeker Clones have "Hearmaeus Mora" instead of "Hermaeus Mora".
Kagouti have "agressive" instead of "aggressive", and "it's" instead of "its".
Mudcrabs, and Hackwings also have "it's" instead of "its".
Frostbite Spiders have [SYN_NAME:frosbite spider bite] instead of [SYN_NAME:frostbite spider bite].

EDIT EDIT EDIT:
In Adventure Mode at least it would seem that either iron, serrated spears, or possibly both are completely nuts. This thing feels like a lightsaber, I'm just chopping limbs off left right and center. Good fun, but probably not hugely accurate for an iron spear. A glass/ebony/Daedric spear on the other hand...

For the record, my spear skill was at Adept.

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT:
Here's a picture to show you what I mean:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 09:33:42 am by Pallbearer »

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 12, 2014, 11:26:25 am »

This seems like a really neat mod.  I'm gonna have to play it next time I get a chunk of free time to learn a new variation of dorffort.  Keep up the fantastic work.
My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!

Pallbearer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 12, 2014, 06:09:26 pm »

Ideal Masters have "crysalline" instead of "crystalline".

Death hounds lack an unbutcherable tag.

A few of the Daedra lack unbutcherable tags, but I'm pretty sure that's intentional. However, I would recommend that you make Daedra meat more expensive to keep in line with its rarity. Currently silt strider meat is three times as expensive.

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 12, 2014, 06:59:24 pm »

I don't know if death hounds should be unbeutcherable.  In skyrim they give out dog meat same as dogs, and dogs are edible.
My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!

cyberTripping

• Bay Watcher
  • JPEG Artifactoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 12, 2014, 07:57:21 pm »

I found an exceptional KINMUNE leather head veil in an ayleid house.
Everything's in the news today

Pallbearer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 13, 2014, 01:53:04 am »

I don't know if death hounds should be unbeutcherable.  In skyrim they give out dog meat same as dogs, and dogs are edible.
Really? I would have assumed what with the undeadness that they'd be all gross and rotting. Maybe they're like walking slabs of ancient dog jerky then.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 13, 2014, 09:50:43 am »

I'll fix these issues when I can. Thanks for alerting me of them though.

Pallbearer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 13, 2014, 09:58:13 am »

I'll fix these issues when I can. Thanks for alerting me of them though.
No problem. I don't mean to sound like I'm rushing you. I just want to aid in getting this mod developed, and since I can't create things in the raws (yet!) I thought I'd save you the time of finding them yourself.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 14, 2014, 04:10:35 pm »

I'm probably missing something obvious, but where are centurion parts produced?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 14, 2014, 06:23:51 pm »

I forgot to add it to the entity file it seems.

I'll make a quick patch with a few fixes.

EDIT: Click LINK REMOVED, DOWNLOAD NEW VERSION for fix. Just drop its contents into the raw/objects folder of the game. I'll place this in the OP as well.

EDIT 2: Got around to making a feature list without many spoilers. In the second post.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 04:54:45 pm by Deathsword »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nchardahrk - an Elder Scrolls mod|||V1.9.6 Qiilaan us dilon!
« Reply #284 on: February 13, 2014, 06:50:23 pm »

New version is out. Fixes a few minor bugs and adds a new underground civ.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29