Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29

Author Topic: Re: Nchardahrk - an Elder Scrolls mod V2.1 || Turning the Kalpa  (Read 107761 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Nchardahrk - an Elder Scrolls mod|||V1.7
« Reply #120 on: November 06, 2012, 12:06:14 am »

Although I feel like it would require me to work on your mod full-time to make it proper in many places :P.

Come on...

Quote from: emperor crab
A gigantic crab creature that roams the deepest oceans of the world.

[BODY_SIZE:1:0:8000]

Dude, wtf, it's smaller than a cat :). Even common mudcrabs should have a size of 30000-50000.

Your trolls also need fur. Take a look through your current creatures, there's a lot of stuff going on.
Also while cliff racers SHOULD be pests, giving them a vermin population is not something you should do. Balance it with frequency you have and larger cluster sizes, otherwise you won't see anything else. It's fun, but it means that with UBIQUITOUS and that population size they will replace everything. Not take dominance, but replace.

Also they are mountain creatures, they don't appear in swamps and on ocean shores, so make them MOUNTAIN.

It's a good joke, but it makes the world so much less interesting.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 06, 2012, 04:11:44 am »

hmm you could make Evil area were daedra spawn or good and evil could be like mania and dementia
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 06, 2012, 04:42:53 am »

It makes sense to make evil areas into blighted areas, and then make different cavern layers into different planes.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 06, 2012, 05:51:56 am »

Ehh, why are most pretty big creatures cat-sized or small? An example is Chaurus. Cliff racer, on another note, is a bit too big - almost 8 times bigger than a man...

And I don't think that Nix Hounds should be smaller than slaughterfish. I'd say, give them a size of 120000, and 300000 to alits and kagouti.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 05:54:19 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 06, 2012, 09:22:02 am »

Man I sure missed some stuff.

The emperor crab I think I just forgot to add a few zeros. The others, well, I screwed up. Since I am already going through the raws for various reasons I will fix those right now.

Still, if you want to talk to me (and help) then just add me on Steam. Even advice would be appreciated.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nchardahrk - an Elder Scrolls mod|||V1.7.5
« Reply #125 on: December 06, 2012, 04:43:54 pm »

Version 1.7.5 released. The main reason for releasing it is that I don't want people to keep using the previous bug-filled version. This version may have new bugs, but I think I got all the old ones.

Download is on the OP, as always.

NOTE: This is mod is now a total conversion. If you don't know how to install one, there are instructions in the OP as well.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 06, 2012, 04:48:05 pm »

Downloaded newest version and just wanted to give you my props!
Nom nom nom

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 06, 2012, 05:10:53 pm »

Re-uploaded the mod because I forgot a bracket in a minor interaction, which is now fixed.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 06, 2012, 05:35:01 pm »

Is there a changelog/list of features of this?

While it is sometimes fun to discover everything on your own, is there something we should know when playing (ie new industries or elements?) or what?

Also are these dwemer really dwemer in the sense that they are human sized (they were called dwarves by the giants, they weren't really small bearded angry drunk midgets like the dwarves we know) or are they dwarven sized?
How do the dwemer play compared to vanilla dwarves? Any new weapons and tech?
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 06, 2012, 06:10:05 pm »

Is there a changelog/list of features of this?

While it is sometimes fun to discover everything on your own, is there something we should know when playing (ie new industries or elements?) or what?

Also are these dwemer really dwemer in the sense that they are human sized (they were called dwarves by the giants, they weren't really small bearded angry drunk midgets like the dwarves we know) or are they dwarven sized?
How do the dwemer play compared to vanilla dwarves? Any new weapons and tech?
The closest thing to a changelog right now is in the first page, the second post. It is an upcoming content list. Since this version was released mainly a bugfix, only the creatures mentioned are in (plus a few other things, like Fus Ro Dah). And yes, there is stuff I want people to discover by themselves.

The dwemer are slightly (very slightly) shorter than an imperial, this also means they can use the equipment from most races as well.

As to how they play, there a few minor changes, but they basically play the same as vanilla dwarfs with some additions (narhiril's weapons, although the dwemer can only use some of those; making daedric bars; and salvaging fabricant corpses for their metal are what I can remember right now.). Things will be come more intresting once daedric shrines are in, so you'll have dwemer vampire lords, priests of order, and others, running around your fort.

Foamybeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KEK in all things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 05, 2013, 01:47:52 am »

Sorry for the necro but uh... Is this still ongoing?
Dwarf Fortress Immortality: Cask of Amontillado-ing all your dwarves.
I'm trying to figure out how creeping eyes vomit despite not having a mouth.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 05, 2013, 01:54:35 am »

AFAIK it hasn't been updated in a while.

Right now I am in a need of a new mod, so it may be either revival of my Middle Earth or Dwemer Fortress mod, but I hope Deathsword can return to this and save me from this hard decision :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 05, 2013, 02:55:54 pm »

Actually, I AM working on this. There haven't been any releases because I keep adding stuff, then they need to be bugtested, then I add more stuff. And no news beause, frankly, no one posts here.

That said, Seekers creating clones is in, thanks to narhiril allowing me to use some of her code. Also shouts. Lots of shouts.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 05, 2013, 06:31:59 pm »

Pff. This is why I try to make small, small updates, lest I end up with... Fortbent, hehe.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 05, 2013, 07:55:19 pm »

For anyone interested, the next version shall be released when I finish a "tech tree"of sorts, that will end with a reaction called "discern the transmundane".
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29