Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Haven't started a fort since 40d or something. What do I need to know?  (Read 4532 times)

bucket

• Bay Watcher
  • i am a bucket.
    • View Profile

Speaking of storage: stone coffers now behave properly as bins.
Also...

Only stone floors need to be irrigated for underground farming. Soil can be planted on without a hassle.

Channeling is much less of a headache as they produce ramps.

Dungeon Masters are broken.

Many tasks that depend on other tasks (butchery, tanning) are automated through the Orders menu.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can use burrows to designate a large swath of land, even across z-levels.

To use a burrow designate a safe area as a civilian alert while there is danger outside, civilians will run there, can also be used to wash dwarves, or train swimming.

Pastures can be used for grazers, or for keeping war animals contained to a particular area, where they attack much more readily than when chains are involved.

Caverns are fun, keeping an open entrance to a cavern is even more fun, giant cave spiders caught in cages can catch the most serious cavern fun, if they shoot their webs over some more cagetraps.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?
Pages: 1 [2]