Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dwarven Rehabilitation  (Read 1880 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Dwarven Rehabilitation
« on: May 05, 2011, 12:03:52 am »

Maybe you just walked through the most lavish dining hall in the city, and were unhappy for the lack of a well.

Maybe you witnessed your family slaughtered before you, but were content with the waterfall you passed while hauling their individual limbs to the tombs.

Maybe you saw that cat, and found yourself smuggling it to your room despite the strict ban.

Maybe your blood alcohol content is skewed by the amount of lead and hornblende in your system, but you still complain that it's one type of alcohol.

Maybe you found yourself propositioning a stranger, if only he would trade you his finely crafted sock.

For whatever reason, you've found your way here.  The first step is to acknowledge you have a problem.  The second step is acknowledging that this problem cannot be solved with magma.  What brought you here today?  When did you realize that you had gone Too Deep?

Vandersleld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Rehabilitation
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 12:12:00 am »

Last Timber I went outside to find a wild beehive. It was six months before I realized that the other beekeeper had already finished the job, and that I had just been standing on some random hilltop.

Worst thing is...*sob*...I KEPT STANDING THERE!

I...need...help... *breaks down*

Syrup Roast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 12:14:20 am »

Hello everyone my name is Urist McMayor, and I am addicted to crystal meth glass.

*therapy group gives a somber "Hello, Urist McMayor"*

I-... I can't stop... the fortress just has to have them.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 12:21:46 am by Syrup Roast »
My answer to just about everything is magma. In fact, most threads end up with me running in screaming it 

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 01:00:16 am »

The walls.. They.. Should.. Gnnn... NOT CONTAIN SILLY IMAGES, VERMIN OR ANIMALS TAMED BY HUMANS/ELVES!
And don't even mention the statues!

..YE GODS THE STATUES!

Ultimuh Has Thrown a Tantrum!
*Tosses his chair clear across the room.*

I'm going to put that engraver/stoneworker in chains!

I.. I.. I Just want the mining colony to look nice.. Or.. or.. AT LEAST The DINING HALL!

*Sobs uncontrollably.*
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 01:07:14 am by Ultimuh »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 01:10:31 am »

Hello, everyone, my name is Aaron, and I'm a potter.
Recently, I was told to gather clay. But the clay gathering zone had cave fungi on it! So I yelled really loud, but nobody seemed to hear. I kept yelling and yelling until a cow came past and ate the fungi off the clay so I could see it.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 02:02:47 am »

Hello, my name is Sigun and I am a soldier, miner, and mechanic.

I was wondering why my wife insisted to gather that X!!-troll fur sock-!!X outside, and then a goblin bowman appeared. Two more haulers were killed when trying to bring her corpse back

WHY, mayor ? WHY is death so unpredictable and irrational ? WHY did she had such a poor judgment all of a sudden ?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 02:08:27 am »

Hello Sigun, while your loss is deeply and hilariously regrettable, you may find more luck in the A Note to Urist meeting next door.  We're collected here to discuss our strange addictions and voice our concerns for ourselves.

Actually I had meant for this thread to be "when did you realize you'd lost two feet of height and grown a beard?" but this is good too.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 03:03:30 am »

.....this problem cannot be solved with magma. 

Individually I understand what each one of these words means. Together, I cannot comprehend them. The sentence has no more meaning then "blue anatomy mocrocline alarm clock turkey tyrotoxism"

Are you sure you're not an elf?
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 03:12:45 am »

This is why we're here.  It's ok, this is why we're here...

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2011, 03:18:51 am »

Hello, my name is Urist and I am addicted to cheese.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2011, 09:57:19 am »

Hello, my name is Urist McUristUrist. One day I noticed that I've been drinking the same type of booze for over 7 years. Following the advice of my neighbor Urist, I opened the conveniently placed, booze stock adjacent magma flood gates. The ensuing booze-splosin eliminated all of the idling, drinking, or eating dwarfs (that is to say, about 90%). The remaining dwarfs either starved themselves to death, jumped into the magma fountain, or went on a murderous rampage. Now I am the only one left in the fort and all I have to drink is water, and it sucks. How can I get some booze to drink?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2011, 11:27:37 am »

For whatever reason, you've found your way here.  The first step is to acknowledge you have a problem.  The second step is acknowledging that this problem cannot be solved with magma.  What brought you here today?  When did you realize that you had gone Too Deep?
You obviously haven't applied enough magma.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2011, 12:40:36 pm »

You obviously haven't applied enough magma.
WRONG! Apply more chickens!

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2011, 01:24:38 pm »

Magma Chickens?
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"
Pages: [1] 2