Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ohhh.... XX!!shit!!XX  (Read 4229 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Ohhh.... XX!!shit!!XX
« on: May 04, 2011, 09:16:05 pm »

I just embarked without a guy with the skill that lets your fort know how much that item costs...

Will my broker ever develope the skill?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ohhh.... XX!!shit!!XX
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 09:18:57 pm »

He should, it's trained by either trading with caravans (i.e. multiple trades, so you know, lots of one item trades) or by maing him record the books, I'm not entirely sure.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 09:20:09 pm »

It's trained by trading.  Every time you open the trade screen on the depot for the first time, it trains it a bit.  I never embark with the skill, because my broker (an immigrant every time) will gain the skill on the first caravan, sometimes rarely the second.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 09:24:08 pm »

Oh, first time? I see.

MythagoWoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware it's deadly sway!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 09:25:54 pm »

And it skills really quickly, fromw hat I noticed.  On the first caravan or two just trade very, very few items at a time until you get accurate item prices and then go hog wild.  He'll be a master in screwing the elves over, without magma, in no time.
My cows are war trainable. BEWARE THE BATTLE CATTLE!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 09:34:04 pm »

Coincidentally, you can train another broker this way.  Have the trainee come open the trade window, he gets skill.  Then swap him out, and get your experienced broker to come trade.  He'll get skill as well.  It's 1 skill up per dwarf per caravan.  Opening the menu multiple times does nothing unless it's multiple dwarves.

MythagoWoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware it's deadly sway!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 09:47:49 pm »

Guess my head was back from when you'd get experience each time you'd open the window.  Never checked to see if they removed that little gem.  Well that news makes me a sad panda.
My cows are war trainable. BEWARE THE BATTLE CATTLE!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 09:56:56 pm »

Guess my head was back from when you'd get experience each time you'd open the window.  Never checked to see if they removed that little gem.  Well that news makes me a sad panda.
Pandaman cancels socialize: Throwing tantrum.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 10:42:17 pm »

I just plain don't embark with a broker anymore. I always am able to see the value of an item when the first dwarf caravan shows up, appraisal skill or no.

Means I go without knowing what my fortress has produced in terms of dwarfbucks, but I can go without such accuracies for a year.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 11:04:03 pm »

I just plain don't embark with a broker anymore. I always am able to see the value of an item when the first dwarf caravan shows up, appraisal skill or no.

Means I go without knowing what my fortress has produced in terms of dwarfbucks, but I can go without such accuracies for a year.
Same here.

I've never done it. Evar :3

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2011, 12:43:42 am »

Hang on...

The second Dwarf Caravan has come, and I don't get anymore migrants. Why is this so?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2011, 12:53:52 am »

Are you running a pauper's fort? Dead Civ? Slaughtered your population? I 'unno.

...Come to think of it, no need to train Appraisal skill is probably a bug. Mayhaps the Great One will fix that in the Caravan Arc?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2011, 12:57:15 am »

The main civ is anything but dead, I've only killed about 8 migrants and I've generated over half a million dwarfbucks.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2011, 01:06:50 am »

You're using Therapist, I assume?  Do you have exactly two migrant waves, along with your starting 7?  If so, you've set your population cap very low.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2011, 01:19:21 am »

I'm not using Therapist. I have had 2 or more than 2 migrant waves, that's for sure. My pop cap is set at 200.
Pages: [1] 2