Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lol Yu-Gi-Oh Movie WTF  (Read 687 times)

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Lol Yu-Gi-Oh Movie WTF
« on: May 04, 2011, 10:57:33 am »

If you're not under twelve, you're not allowed to go see the Yu-Gi-Oh movie. Or, at the very least, you have to be with a kid under the age of 12. (This is only applicable to the UK, by the by.)

Now, I couldn't care less about this (it's mainly a friend flipping out about it and thinking about abducting her neighbour's daughter that's gotten me thinking about it) but what the hell? Does this show even broadcast in the UK anymore?

Is it even right to prevent a group of people from going to see something due to their age? Is this an example of the degradation of society and the belief that things should be left to children? Etc etc.

What do you guys think about this crap? :')

Source

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Lol Yu-Gi-Oh Movie WTF
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 11:32:47 am »

...As I read the original article, this isn't the government making that kind of decision, it's *some* of the theatres. Who are offering these movies as part of something called the "Kids' Club screenings" (I'm assuming at reduced price).

It's like complaining that you can't get the 5 and under discount at a restaurant because you're 20.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lol Yu-Gi-Oh Movie WTF
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 11:59:14 am »

...As I read the original article, this isn't the government making that kind of decision, it's *some* of the theatres. Who are offering these movies as part of something called the "Kids' Club screenings" (I'm assuming at reduced price).

It's like complaining that you can't get the 5 and under discount at a restaurant because you're 20.

Kids' Club = Under 12s or people accompanied by under 12s only.

I didn't say it was a government thing. ;p