Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: my retard millitary.  (Read 1084 times)

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
my retard millitary.
« on: May 04, 2011, 06:46:21 am »

It keeps dropping all their stuff after they are done fighting.Then I say "Hey,go kill the goblin invasion" and they go "Oops! We left our equipment on the other side of the map, behind the goblin invasion. back when we were killing rabbits."

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: my retard millitary.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 06:47:37 am »

I know this is off topic, but I just thought of a sitcom that would be named "My Retard Military"

Or, The Urist Bunch.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 06:59:33 am »

check if they have mining, hunting or wood cutting activated

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 07:20:17 am »

some do.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 07:23:01 am »

some do.

Those labor imply a sort of uniform which basically means "nothing but a pick/axe/crossbow and a quiver". If you assign them a proper uniform too, they will be swapping these two uniforms constantly wasting their time and never equipping most of what you want them to wear.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 07:27:31 am »

oh. ok. I'l change that. Do you think they shuld be peasants?

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 07:31:35 am »

It doesn't really matter what they are as long as they are not miners, woodcutters or hunters. I'd suggest you make them fishers/herbalists if you want them outside for quick reaction or just haulers or idlers if you want them train hard.

xmakina

• Bay Watcher
  • in lapidem, Libertas
    • View Profile
    • Centre of the Back
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 09:35:56 am »

I find making them pump operators is useful, it's not a job you want to have a dwarf dedicated to but it can be one that needs doing from time to time. Also, it should boost their Strength and endurance, always good for a fighter.
Anyone who doesn't have a lever causing global apocalypse isn't playing the game correctly
But it should be easy enough not to use them in a way you feel is dumb while letting other people have their hilarity.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 09:37:45 am »

oh. ok. I'l change that. Do you think they shuld be peasants?
Definitely not peasants if you mean "should they have no civilian skills at all?" instead of "should they have all civilian labours switched off?"

Really it's just hunting, mining and woodcutting require using some equipment and the game implements this by making an invisible uniform for them. So long as soldiers do not have those labours switched on, they won't drop all their equipment each time they go back to civilian mode.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.