Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: copper...  (Read 4169 times)

vassock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: copper...
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2011, 04:31:59 pm »

It never ceases to amaze me how much people focus on the military. You don't really need more than 1 military dwarf. Your defenses should work without a military. It's really not that hard to do.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2011, 04:36:07 pm »

It never ceases to amaze me how much people focus on the military. You don't really need more than 1 military dwarf. Your defenses should work without a military. It's really not that hard to do.
Less !!Fun!! that way. And if seiges get stuck (as they tend to do), you need to have someone go get rid of them.
Soaplent green is goblins!

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2011, 04:42:01 pm »

Please forgive those who play in a different way than you do, they know not the error of their ways. :P
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2011, 04:42:36 pm »

It is much more dwarfy to clash with the goblins, forgotten beasts or demons in glorious combat.

Alright, a single masterwork adamantine-clad legendary soldier eats goblin sieges and forgotten beasts for breakfast, but demons are another thing.

And vanilla is easy when you know what you're doing.

Kestrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2011, 04:49:28 pm »

And if seiges get stuck (as they tend to do), you need to have someone go get rid of them.
Oh I thought that was what magma pumps were for.
Goblin 6 (to Goblin 7): I heard that I died.
Goblin 7 (to Goblin 6): I died.
Goblin 6 (to Goblin 7): It was inevitable.
Goblin 7 (to Goblin 6): It was inevitable.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2011, 04:50:55 pm »

And if seiges get stuck (as they tend to do), you need to have someone go get rid of them.
Oh I thought that was what huge-ass FPS-raping wood-and-metal-devouring magma pump stacks were for.
fixed

Marthnn

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything's possible
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2011, 05:56:43 pm »

You don't really need more than 1 military dwarf.
No.
Big creatures like Forgotten Beasts and Titans pushes back your lone soldier, who keeps standing up instead of landing a hit, even at legendary what-ever-you-want.
You need 2 military dwarves, THEN you can face off anything.
Marthnn likes obsidian, steel, star ruby, goblin-cap wood, the color bloody red and giant desert scorpions for their tails. When possible, he prefers to consume sunshine. He absolutely detests cave blobs.

A dwarf wants to heal.  A dwarf is motivated to heal.  A dwarf is, by Armok, going to heal or die trying!  Because if he doesn't heal, he doesn't get alcohol.

bucket

• Bay Watcher
  • i am a bucket.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2011, 06:22:30 pm »

howerever, i don't see the point in making copper bolts if you can make silver ones with tetrahedrite.
Because there are a hundred better uses for silver.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2011, 06:47:35 pm »

Silver Furniture costs more than Copper.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2011, 07:02:11 pm »

You need 2 military dwarves, THEN you can face off anything.
Except for 360-stun-dust FBs. Those ones you need to spike or cave in.

On a tangentially related note, with FBs or HFS made of fire, can you kill them by leaving a barrel of booze in their path and laughing as their heat makes it explode? (I had a flame FB once, but it got stuck in my sewer so I never got a chance to try this).

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2011, 07:07:46 pm »

Booze doesn't explode, it only lightly boils, softly cascading your opponent in a shrouded scent of fresh dwarven wine.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2011, 07:16:46 pm »

Booze doesn't explode, it only lightly boils, softly cascading your opponent in a shrouded scent of fresh dwarven wine.
So tragic :(
I thought some forts were ended when the embark wagon was immediately hit by a fireball (from a fire imp) and exploded, though? Was that just in earlier versions?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2011, 07:23:57 pm »

In earlier versions, temperature was much less forgiving.  You regularly had rainstorms on deserts that melted fat off dwarves, steam that would burn more than magma, and anything flammable was instantly considered a volatile weapon.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2011, 04:07:58 am »

Alright, a single masterwork adamantine-clad legendary soldier eats goblin sieges
This makes me think you should be able to make toothpicks from gems. :(
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2011, 04:21:26 am »

Booze never exploded though. It was the steam, it was almost as crazy as in Caves of Qud if you know what I mean.

Also even silver, the artifact spear should be cool. Artifacts have much better parameters than base weapons. And by "much" I mean !!MUCH!!.

Alright, a single masterwork adamantine-clad legendary soldier eats goblin sieges
This makes me think you should be able to make toothpicks from gems. :(
It is possible that an enemy gets a chokehold on such soldier and he is dead then. I had it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4