Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Shadowrun mod development (discuss, share, borrow)  (Read 8802 times)

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
Re: Shadowrun mod development (discuss, share, borrow)
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2011, 12:29:23 pm »

I imagine you could simulate implants, for now, by making them clothing that can be worn 'under' as much else as possible.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2011, 06:13:16 am »

I'm not sure if implants should be in yet.

Sorry, I was a bit busy this week (played a few games and finally prepared some documents for my science grant project), so I will work more on this one tonight.

I've asked the plastic mod creator if he's okay with merging it in, it would add a lot of cool modern materials, and also save me some time from doing something similar by myself.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2011, 09:04:50 am »

Yeah, plastic-skin monsters for all!

Also, gotta have aluminum, and some kind of bombs from saltpeter.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2011, 09:13:16 pm »

You can pull a few modern materials and the workshop and reasonably-accurate processes to create them, from my New Materials thread, now that I've finished that part.

Providing an easy repository of generic materials for large-scale mods to draw upon was the idea, after all.

I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2011, 11:17:58 pm »

Providing an easy repository of generic materials for large-scale mods to draw upon was the idea, after all.

That's exactly what I was thinking with the plastics mod (after an extensive search revealed not one plastics mod in existence). BTW where on earth are the raws for your Foundry building, Catalyst?? I'm interested in the comment in the first post saying it needs a "bucket of salt water" to build.

@Deon: Just thought i'd touch based here to say go for it. I've prefixed everything so it should blend in easily. Reactions are prefixed "SYNTHMOD_" and substances are prefixed "CHEM_".

Now I'm mainly tweaking and bugfixing - the bug being I defined almost everything as derivatives of non-existant plants (this is my first modding effort with new materials), so you can make the stuff but it is not buyable at embark. I guess I need to redefine stuff as inorganic. (EDIT: this didn't help, i had inorganic version of ethanol working and it still wasn't buyable - so fat I just don't know how to get a custom liquid at embark/caravans without a working plant attached).

Also, the reagent amount in the first reaction should be changed from 150 to 750, for balance purposes. All amounts flow through the reactions, preserving the number from the first reagent. Right now, 1 unit of booze = 1 unit of plastic. Which is too generous. 750 means 5 units booze to 1 unit of plastic.

I'm currently trying to juggle between having the three PVC leather types be dyable, yet still usable as leather for armour. I'll probably just make them all types of cloth, leather armour is pretty archaic anyway if you're using PVC clothing. The other choice would be to create new materials and reactions for every color, but i really hate that sort of stuff. The best option may be to have all cloth, but add [STRUCTURAL_ELASTICITY_WOVEN_THREAD] to leather armour (or create a variant leather armour with this allowed, and a modern name)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 03:41:45 am by Reelyanoob »

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2011, 01:04:32 am »

@reelyanoob its in this post but its not yet finished.  The "bucket of salt water" idea, plus the stainless material idea, are yet to be implemented.

Plus there is a plastics mod.  It's actually called Plastics, and includes a whole bunch of interesting modern materials and processes, in great detail.  Deon, as he said, is already talking to them about integrating it.

Anyone know if there is any kind of way to mod in explosions, yet?

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2011, 02:06:52 am »

Duh dude that's my mod he's talking about.

If you check my thread about DF Synthetics you'll find Deon's request to use it. If there's another Plastics mod around that'd be one hell of a coincidence and/or crossed wires.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 02:44:07 am by Reelyanoob »

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2011, 03:18:07 am »

Errr sorry.  Reading fail.  Catalyst cancels posting - up too late.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2011, 08:18:44 am »

Hey don't worry LOL ;)

btw there's that strange SALT tag in the reaction raws, the wiki has nothing about what it does. Maybe it's got something to do with salt-water, just thought I'd mention that.

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2011, 02:00:32 pm »

Deon, are you aware of insect spirits? They could probably be a civilization all their own that kidnaps other creatures. The Universal Brotherhood should be mentioned in the core book for 4e, I think. They're basically body-snatching insect spirits with queens.

Also Dragons could probably sometimes rule megacorporations like how Forgotten Beasts somehow take over civs in the default. They're pretty smart, and in the pen and paper the Great Dragons were basically capable of surviving almost anything.

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2011, 10:40:53 am »

with the upcoming version...might be able to add in cyber-docs who run around giving a syndrome that gives people random cybernetic parts...even if it only works in world-gen it would be great.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2011, 02:55:59 pm »

with the upcoming version...might be able to add in cyber-docs who run around giving a syndrome that gives people random cybernetic parts...even if it only works in world-gen it would be great.

This could work with the "artificial bees" someone got working to implant syndromes. Search for the thread.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2011, 05:46:33 pm »

I want an infectious syndrome that grants Firebreath and flame-resistant tissues :´)
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]