Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Sony's Bullshit  (Read 18218 times)

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
Re: Sony's Bullshit
« Reply #180 on: June 07, 2011, 04:12:16 am »

Sony is looking ever more incompetent. Seems like every other day another of their websites is found ludicrously insecure.

I think this whole thing is really entertaining, to be honest. No, Sony, I will never forgive you for the rootkits and assorted DRM.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 07, 2011, 09:03:49 am »

they better cripple the dang system again so we can net more free games.
The funny thing is that most of the people singing up for the free games are setting themselves up to be integrated in a bot network if this keeps happening.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #182 on: June 07, 2011, 09:39:47 am »

The free games are crap anyway, I wasn't interested in any of them.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 07, 2011, 09:46:00 am »

I guess I'm not getting a PSVita or whatever if this continues. But I will follow this story indefinitely, because it is the funniest story.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 07, 2011, 03:28:01 pm »

*wanders over to mysql's website*

Keep in mind, companies like walmart use mysql for their business logic the same way Google using mysql to delivery web pages(they don't).

Just because a company has used a product for something doesn't mean they serve 70mil customers with it.

Anyway, back to the topic I hand...

I never planned to buy another console game but FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw0gOjOWDuI

This could potentially be the best video game of all time :/
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 07, 2011, 03:33:58 pm »

A lot of things could have potentially been the best games of all time, but weren't. That's the funny thing about potential.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 07, 2011, 03:34:45 pm »

devek:  How is that on topic?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 07, 2011, 03:36:28 pm »

I agree.

Planetside is still my "best game of all time", and a lot of things have had potential to fill the gap but failed.

CCP has kind of proven itself to be able to make epic games, so a FPS by them at least has the best chance of anything released so far, especially when it is already tied into something epic already.
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 07, 2011, 03:51:49 pm »

If Dust turns out good I am so hopping aboard as a GoonSwarm groundtrooper

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 07, 2011, 06:34:24 pm »

CCP has proven itself to be able to make

Ahem *clears throat*

THE MOST BORING MMO EVER MADE.

"Sir, when can I use that awesome looking rifle that's just slightly better than mine?"

"Son, stop playing for 2 weeks then come back."

"But sir, I want to play and I already have money for it."

"We do not care son, pay for another month of subscription then come back."

*spit*

>:|

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 07, 2011, 06:43:07 pm »

snip

It's the game that rewards you for not playing it. I don't think their FPS will be quite the same, though.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 07, 2011, 06:50:07 pm »

lol @ the fact they made the game PS3 exclusive.

Anyone else think it's gonna be a bust?

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 07, 2011, 07:54:42 pm »

It bet it's because they thought the PS3 would never have piracy or hackers or...

Thump

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 07, 2011, 08:07:01 pm »

lol @ the fact they made the game PS3 exclusive.

Anyone else think it's gonna be a bust?

I just can't see how it's going to 'fit' in the world. So much of EVE is waiting. Training.. traveling... training.. mining... training... etc. etc.

Most mainstream FPS'ers want instant gratification - hop into a game and blow people away. I'm not sure how it's going to 'work'.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 07, 2011, 08:17:31 pm »

I think the big reason this happenedis because Sony prosecuted GeoHot, which they should have done considering the guy released the master security key for their system, which basically meant they couldn't protect against piracy anymore. Bad for business, methinks. Should've been keeping their security for everything else a bit more... formidable though. Massive failure on their part.

However, Microsoft aren't really much better. Anyone remember the RRoD? Took them at least 3 years to sort that. Great fun, forking out hundreds of *choose your currency* just for it to turn into a paperweight because it got too hot, and you didn't even have a guarantee that it was fixed when you got it back, or that it wouldn't happen with a new one.

Fine, they didn't just lose the financial details of millions of customers because of that. However, it probably cost their customers a similar amount of money overall that Sony's customers are going to lose through any fraudulent activities with their assorted financial escapades. They also didn't offer anything beyond extra customer warranty, and you were buggered if you didn't have that or had modded the system in any way.

But this is just the viewpoint of an anti-Microsoft chummer, so take it as you will.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15