Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Sony's Bullshit  (Read 18204 times)

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
Re: Sony's Bullshit
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2011, 06:45:56 pm »

I'm fine with corporate overlords as long as they can keep their own damn services under control.
Hello Hunam

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2011, 07:30:56 pm »

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2011, 08:07:37 pm »

I guess no one else got the memo.  8)  There's already two class-action suits going on against Sony for this breach, both of 'em in California. lol.  Best place for 'em, I'd guess.  Especially down in Silicon Valley. Mwhahaha.
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2011, 08:09:05 pm »

I read the EULA now and then, the ones for some companies can be REALLY bad (protip: use EULA to gauge how much they care about their fans). Anyway, if I didn't think a lot of the ridiculous stuff like that was unenforceable, I'd hardly play video games.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2011, 08:16:07 pm »

Well, its one of those things; where no matter how much people like playing Sony-based games, if the company F's up, they take a big loss to populatery, which brings down their bottom line and hits with the investors and those who own their stocks.  Microsoft has been in the same boat, as well as Blizzard and other companies, and its all the same.

They'd rather take the hit and keep on going than pay out for the mistakes they caused.
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2011, 01:05:12 am »

hooray for paypal; i've never given them data leading directly to money without at least a strong password protecting it.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2011, 01:12:49 am »

hooray for paypal; i've never given them data leading directly to money without at least a strong password protecting it.

And in my experience, you can't brute force paypal because it locks the account! Woo!

(Not that i've tried... College showed me it and my friend told me I could try it on his ok :P)
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2011, 03:58:54 am »

Update: Sony confirms credit card details etc stolen.

Well, guys, permanent boycott time?

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2011, 05:34:08 am »

Update: Sony confirms credit card details etc stolen.

Well, guys, permanent boycott time?
God dammit, why post the same link like it's a different link?

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2011, 06:19:27 am »

God dammit, why post the same link like it's a different link?

Because people might not have checked the first post for the update?

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2011, 06:56:40 am »

When I first seen this I thought it was about SOE screwing up another MMO lol. Thanks for the heads up on this, wouldn't have known otherwise.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 09:22:17 am by Grimshot »
My personality profile.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2011, 10:16:17 am »

When I first seen this I thought it was about SOE screwing up another MMO lol. Thanks for the heads up on this, wouldn't have known otherwise.

I just hope I've warned you guys enough to secure your accounts etc. :p

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2011, 10:29:38 am »

I just hope I've warned you guys enough to secure your accounts etc. :p

Secure what accounts? How many accounts do you have behind your own personal firewall or on a permanently offline personal server? Your info is out in the world and unlike South Park you can't just click "no, I do not agree" to ToSA's.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2011, 10:32:33 am »

Secure what accounts? How many accounts do you have behind your own personal firewall or on a permanently offline personal server? Your info is out in the world and unlike South Park you can't just click "no, I do not agree" to ToSA's.

The main issue is people using the same passwords for their Sony accounts as they do for their email / paypal etc.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2011, 01:22:42 pm »

Heh, bet Sony will not be responsible for anything in any court of law. Pretty typical corporate fuckuping in the modern world and another reason to avoid Sony, in addition to their draconian DRM schemes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15