Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: I have created a pub! Input is helpful. Now with better graphics!  (Read 9457 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile

I want to make a pub using the "drunk" skill. Drunk is an actual skill, but it isn't normally used for anything. I intend to change that!

EDIT: Bonus points if it helps satisfy the need for booze. This isn't needed though  ;)

I HAVE CREATED THE PUB! Now your dwarves can have a drink (I need to add alcohol dependency satisfaction), play darts, stand up, and even flirt with themselves!
:))

Put this in custom_workshop (I'm using IT00's sawmill as the basic display. If he doesn't like it, he can tell me and I'll change it)
Spoiler: Custom_Workshop (click to show/hide)

Put this in reaction_other
Spoiler: reaction_other (click to show/hide)

Put this in entity_default, under MOUNTAIN
Spoiler: Entity_default (click to show/hide)

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to make a happiness workshop?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 04:48:54 pm »

Dorfs get a happy thought from working, so just working gives them a small but happy thought.

You can put the workshop next to a mist generator and they will be misted while working.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 05:09:39 pm »

Dorfs get a happy thought from working, so just working gives them a small but happy thought.

You can put the workshop next to a mist generator and they will be misted while working.
Alright  8)

Time to get to work! And please, if anyone knows, say if I can satisfy booze with a workshop.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 05:13:02 pm »

There's a drunk skill?
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 05:17:15 pm »

There's a drunk skill?
Yup!

It isn't used for anything though, so I thought I'd change that.

Master Catfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 11:05:58 pm »

Expert drunkard.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 11:09:55 pm »

Makes me wonder.. if Toady eventually is going to connect that skill with the wrestler skill..
As to make the legendary wrestler even deadlier.   :D

Zanethda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 12:47:37 am »

... wait what

So what's the name of the skill itself?

EDIT: Wiki is saying that it's tied to the immoderation personality trait. Cranked this up on a race and took a look in adventure mode, sure enough there is no associated "skill."
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 01:21:12 am by Zanethda »
On the item is an image of Ngom Fishsin the goblin and a alligator in mountain goat leather. The alligator is striking down Ngom Fishsin. The artwork relates to the killing of the goblin Ngom Fishsin by a alligator in Crueljoy in The Mechanical Spine in the late autumn of 11 during Kaguskok, "The Crazy Assault".

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 10:02:46 am »

... wait what

So what's the name of the skill itself?

EDIT: Wiki is saying that it's tied to the immoderation personality trait. Cranked this up on a race and took a look in adventure mode, sure enough there is no associated "skill."
The name of the skill is "drunk". There is nothing that uses "drunk", so I'm making a workshop that will actually use it.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 02:05:23 pm »

Ok, starting production. This should be interesting :))

EDIT: Done. It's in the OP now :))

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: I have created a pub! Input is helpful.
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 05:46:25 pm »

Drunkard is truly the most dwarven skill.  :D
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2011, 06:06:39 pm »

Drunkard is truly the most dwarven skill.  :D
Yup!

Now you guys can live your booze soaked fantasies.  ;D

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2011, 07:26:13 pm »

With the chat reaction, do they just talk to themselves?

For flavor, you might want to change the building around a little.  Make it like, 2x1 or something, with the model being a chair and a table, and work done on the chair side.  You could even make it require a chair and table to build, though I don't think you can make it count as those things for general purposes once they're part of the building.  Then you could fill up a room that you consider to be the pub with a row of bar stool things for just getting drunk at, and then regular chairs and tables for the dining patrons.  Then you could either build an archery target thing and let military dwarves practice shooting in your new bar, or make a seperate custom building for that purpose.

I'd use multiple building just so you don't have a pub with a single lonely drunken dwarf sitting in it.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2011, 09:57:56 pm »

With the chat reaction, do they just talk to themselves?

For flavor, you might want to change the building around a little.  Make it like, 2x1 or something, with the model being a chair and a table, and work done on the chair side.  You could even make it require a chair and table to build, though I don't think you can make it count as those things for general purposes once they're part of the building.  Then you could fill up a room that you consider to be the pub with a row of bar stool things for just getting drunk at, and then regular chairs and tables for the dining patrons.  Then you could either build an archery target thing and let military dwarves practice shooting in your new bar, or make a seperate custom building for that purpose.

I'd use multiple building just so you don't have a pub with a single lonely drunken dwarf sitting in it.
I didn't put much time into the look. I intentionally made it big so that it's more like a pub. If I made it an booze stand then I'd make it 1x2.

I want to know how to use blowdarts in a reaction so I can make them play darts :))

I might get rid of chat.

Zanethda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2011, 09:58:22 pm »

The name of the skill is "drunk". There is nothing that uses "drunk", so I'm making a workshop that will actually use it.
I actually tried that immediately after I posted and got an unrecognized token error. D: Since it apparently works for you, I must have had a typo somewhere that I didn't notice.

I'll be giving this thing a try as soon as I get a chance. Thanks for posting the raws!
On the item is an image of Ngom Fishsin the goblin and a alligator in mountain goat leather. The alligator is striking down Ngom Fishsin. The artwork relates to the killing of the goblin Ngom Fishsin by a alligator in Crueljoy in The Mechanical Spine in the late autumn of 11 during Kaguskok, "The Crazy Assault".
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5