Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: ...15610 units of water in ONE BUCKET?  (Read 3104 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: ...15610 units of water in ONE BUCKET?
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2011, 12:25:35 pm »

28 Kilourists.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2011, 12:39:33 pm »

Forbidding the water contents of the bucket, dumping the bucket, and then reclaiming the bucket will cause the water/contents to be spilled out on the ground at some point. Its useful for sorting buckets out after making soap.
Er, I've tried that specific trick but it never worked - could you record a movie demonstration and post it on DFMA?

What did work for me was forbidding the water contents and then ordering the buckets to be hauled to the trade depot. Conveniently, this can be used to empty any sort of container - bins, barrels, bags, buckets, and any other containers whose names may or may not begin with the letter "b".
Im trying to create a well over a lake full of booze will this work?

drkpaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2011, 02:16:17 pm »

Forbidding the water contents of the bucket, dumping the bucket, and then reclaiming the bucket will cause the water/contents to be spilled out on the ground at some point. Its useful for sorting buckets out after making soap.
Er, I've tried that specific trick but it never worked - could you record a movie demonstration and post it on DFMA?

What did work for me was forbidding the water contents and then ordering the buckets to be hauled to the trade depot. Conveniently, this can be used to empty any sort of container - bins, barrels, bags, buckets, and any other containers whose names may or may not begin with the letter "b".

That seems like the same thing, except instead of hauling the buckets to the trade depot my dwarves hauled them to the hospital or the stockpile from the dump zone. I never closely studied the exact order of events, but I'll make sure I'm not doing anything else weird there in the process.

Unfortunately, booze and blood can't be stacked in 7/7 layers yet, and when buckets are dumped it doesn't leave the same 1/7 water as when you make a pit/pond, its more like a stain of water on the floor.  It would be cool if it did, then you could quantum stockpille the buckets on a zone over a hatch and fill a pond pretty quickly.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2011, 02:53:32 pm »

Booze is not registered as a liquid, it's technically a contaminant, like sand and mud and blood.  If you drop it on the ground, it will sit in a puddle and get on people's feet, but won't register as 1/7 Booze.  The eternal to-do list has custom liquids on it, which would allow the glorious BoozeFall to finally be made, and allow you to literally flood the map with blood.  Or maple syrup.  Or Liquid Rainbow.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2011, 03:11:21 pm »

LIQUID RAINBOW
NOW WITH TWICE THE RAINBOW
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2011, 03:24:49 pm »

Booze is not registered as a liquid, it's technically a contaminant, like sand and mud and blood.  If you drop it on the ground, it will sit in a puddle and get on people's feet, but won't register as 1/7 Booze.  The eternal to-do list has custom liquids on it, which would allow the glorious BoozeFall to finally be made, and allow you to literally flood the map with blood.  Or maple syrup.  Or Liquid Rainbow.

...dump syrup into a big pit until it's 3/7 and station the most attractive female millitia dwarves in your fortress there...then schedule a wrestling demonstration...

...what was I saying again?
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Syrup Roast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2011, 09:58:56 pm »

...dump syrup into a big pit until it's 3/7 and station the most attractive female millitia dwarves in your fortress there...then schedule a wrestling demonstration...

WET T-SHIRT CONTEST!!
My answer to just about everything is magma. In fact, most threads end up with me running in screaming it 

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2011, 12:31:55 pm »

This news is disappointing that would be funny though an artificial lake of booze Dwarven Heaven.

cikulisu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2011, 01:08:39 pm »

anti-climactic, i was waiting for her to fall and spill it and flood the whole continent.

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2011, 01:09:28 pm »

It wouldnt flood past the embark zone.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2011, 01:17:05 pm »

Do you want to see a fat bearded dwarf woman (Which by the way is most likely over 50) running around covered in syrup? *shiver*

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2011, 01:22:49 pm »

BLOOD SEAS FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

OUR BOOZE CANNON WILL BLOCK OUT THE SUN!

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2011, 01:27:30 pm »

BLOOD SEAS FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

OUR BOOZE CANNON WILL BLOCK OUT THE SUN!
HAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA BLOOD!
Pages: 1 [2]