Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Left 4 Dwarf  (Read 1712 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Left 4 Dwarf
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2011, 08:04:29 am »

I wonder, how do creatures suddenly become zombies and skeletons in evil areas? What causes them to suddenly turn dead?

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2011, 08:15:47 am »

1. Alive
2. Dead
3. Undead
4. ???
5. PROFIT!!!

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Anathema

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2011, 08:49:49 am »

Once/If magic get's implemented...

Necromancers

I can see it now: you'll set your Necromancer to zombify kitten corpses for practice until he hits legendary, then put him to work raising the horde of goblin skeletons you've been stockpiling.
The good news is that ghosts die of old age.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2011, 09:29:32 am »

"Grob! Da midgit fort beez just ahead!"
"Ooh, good thing. I is in da mood for fightin'!"
"Wait, wat dose be?"
"Look like kitten."
"Com 'ere, I'm hungr... AAAAUGHHH!!! GROB! GET IT OFF ME! IT'S EATIN' ME!"

When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2011, 10:21:16 am »

Once/If magic get's implemented...

Necromancers
already there with Dfusion.
sadly the zombies you rez depending on who kill them when in life will just kill just go in a rotten mosh pit(or running towards you to kill you.) right about now which will seriously hold up the adventurer with action spam(and fort mode just class them as enemies and can't work in forts so no way to use them there).
the only solution to this would be to edit the zombie function( to add resurrection so that their bodies are fixed I already done this and have the code uploaded in the Dfusion,)to make fresh new zombies poof under ground or in space and make a separate function that allows you to summon zombies using the pointer.

silly idea we could build a large Left4dead map with a safe house.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 10:32:23 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2011, 11:05:43 am »

So, could you, for example, build a deep pit with no exit but a floodgate leading to a tall ramp leading outside. Throw said kittens into pit while in evil biome, bar gates, and unleash undead kitten horde upon your enemies when they attack?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2011, 11:32:06 am »

So, could you, for example, build a deep pit with no exit but a floodgate leading to a tall ramp leading outside. Throw said kittens into pit while in evil biome, bar gates, and unleash undead kitten horde upon your enemies when they attack?
If they don't explode on the bottom, then yes. You can do it. Their legs will be broken, so it wouldn't be effective.  :-\

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2011, 11:42:24 am »

1. Throw kittens into 1-2 z-level deep pit
2. Flood
3. Wait for kittens to drown
4. Drain
5. Unleash
6. ???
7. PROFIT!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2011, 01:19:02 pm »

1. Throw kittens into 1-2 z-level deep pit
2. Flood
3. Wait for kittens to drown
4. Drain
5. Unleash
6. ???
7. PROFIT!
8. BRAINZ
:))

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2011, 01:26:39 pm »

I wonder, how do creatures suddenly become zombies and skeletons in evil areas? What causes them to suddenly turn dead?

No Urist, you ARE the demons.

And then Urist was a zombie.
Soaplent green is goblins!

FurryYunSeong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2011, 02:31:04 pm »

Clown college was a learning experience.

I quickly learned that the drawback to embarking with 200 dwarves, besides possible lag, was that everyone became friends.  So when the soldiers started going crazy, a dozen dwarves soon joined in the insanity due to the loss of a friend.  I had never actually experienced a tantrum spiral.  It was cool.

I also didn't know that tantruming dwarves followed orders despite their anger, and sent a few troops down to the pits to face the clowns.  Except there were no clowns.  Once I get in the mood for a big challenge, I'll take it on again.  Despite the first attempt at conquering resulting in the death of hundreds of zombies, it restocked again during Reclamation.  Naive to think it wouldn't.

Anyhow, the undead update sounds real promising.  I'm eager for it.

And if no one follows up with a Left 4 Dead mod, such would be blasphemy.
"An Ambush!  Curse th- HNNNNNGGG!"

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2011, 02:52:47 pm »

Clown college was a learning experience.

I quickly learned that the drawback to embarking with 200 dwarves, besides possible lag, was that everyone became friends.  So when the soldiers started going crazy, a dozen dwarves soon joined in the insanity due to the loss of a friend.  I had never actually experienced a tantrum spiral.  It was cool.

I also didn't know that tantruming dwarves followed orders despite their anger, and sent a few troops down to the pits to face the clowns.  Except there were no clowns.  Once I get in the mood for a big challenge, I'll take it on again.  Despite the first attempt at conquering resulting in the death of hundreds of zombies, it restocked again during Reclamation.  Naive to think it wouldn't.

Anyhow, the undead update sounds real promising.  I'm eager for it.

And if no one follows up with a Left 4 Dead mod, such would be blasphemy.
I'm thinking about making one right now :3
Pages: 1 [2]