Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Arch-Conservative amendment suggestion.  (Read 1571 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Arch-Conservative amendment suggestion.
« on: May 01, 2011, 06:51:22 pm »

When the majority of the government is arch conservative, they should attempt to pass an amendment that makes being Liberal a crime. This will make liberals MUCH harder to find but have more heart and have a higher chance of joining the liberal crime squad. Liberalism is a crime on par with terrorism.

Sorry about the short suggestion.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Yannanth

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 06:56:30 pm »

« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 05:28:51 am by Yannanth »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Arch-Conservative amendment suggestion.
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 01:33:41 am »

If the majority of the government is arch conservative, then you are about to lose the game so it's kinda moot.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 05:23:09 am »

If the majority of the government is arch conservative, then you are about to lose the game so it's kinda moot.

Not really. Try Nightmare mode.

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 08:55:25 am »

This should have the side-effect in that when an alarm goes off, all liberals and moderates immediately turn conservative - which represent that all citizens are afraid to show any kind of liberal behvaiour. Also, any attempt to persuade a conservative in the field has a chance of raising an alarm, which should also go for homosexual seduction attempts. Any other "liberal" action should be persecuted as well, simply to make life a bitch, with DETH squads coming at you from all directions.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 10:06:17 am »

In nightmare mode the laws start at C+ but congress starts normally.  If the government has gone C+, you are about to lose the game.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 11:04:35 am »

In nightmare mode the laws start at C+ but congress starts normally.  If the government has gone C+, you are about to lose the game.

Not really, it's pretty easy to swing the game around in your favour.

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 08:11:04 pm »

Especially with the power of bootlegging, legal M16s, (and in the latest version,) weaker CCS. Of course, it'd be pretty bad, but considering it's a Liberal Crime Squad...

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 01:27:29 pm »

Also Radio and Cable personalities have a more powerful effect the more conservative the society (at least until everyone starts hating on AM and Cable).

I just got my first election right after the "elite liberal" law that makes everyone in congress get re-elected. EVERYONE turned liberal, with 99% of it going L+. I'm gonna have to say that probably the best way to swing popular opinion is to write news/the Guardian. But your first priority is to get speech at least back to C if not further. Frequent attacks to the fire station and maybe having a few sleepers there preaching liberalism should work.

Fun times...

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 03:00:05 am »

Yeah, everyone turns liberal upon passing the first ELA. This is simply because ELA won't pass unless the society is extremely liberal, and thus it's impossible to get anything close to conservatism after an ELA-enforced election.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 10:55:42 am »

Well, yeah, the country didn't turn liberal because they passed the ELA. They passed the ELA because the country became liberal (because of my actions, almost all the polls were at 99-100%). The ELA simply accelerated the congress/senate change, arguably tho, since for senators/congressmen to be elected a 2nd term, people would have to want to vote for C/C+ anyway.

I did use the source code a lil' bit to find out what actions changed what 'though. For example:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Makes the game a breeze.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 10:58:14 am by Sergius »

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2011, 01:07:10 am »

I knew that about the police station, but I think it's still worth it because
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2011, 02:27:07 pm »

Yeah I think the various "raiders" have a building that when shut down can't launch any raids. Like, CIA if you close down the Int. HQ.