Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Gah, that's the third one in a row!  (Read 2854 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Gah, that's the third one in a row!
« on: May 01, 2011, 07:33:05 am »

I am sick of being mobbed by bandits. This time they didn't even let me get to a populated fortress before they ambushed me!
It seems to be the same group of bandits...hm...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
Re: Gah, that's the third one in a row!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 10:39:50 am »

losing is fun? Why don't you take a break and make a fortress?
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

Serrational

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentlemen prefer magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 11:58:37 am »

Yup, why not create a fort?
Losing is so FUN and personal in Adventurer, that taking a break is essential.
I figured the guy was a goner too when a noseless bat from hell flew right over the fortifications and attacked.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 11:59:22 am »

losing is fun? Why don't you take a break and make a fortress?
Check; maybe well-made steel armor and weapons will help my next adventurer.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Serrational

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentlemen prefer magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 12:20:01 pm »

That's one way to look at it.
Or Adamantine artifact swords.
Depends on luck.
I figured the guy was a goner too when a noseless bat from hell flew right over the fortifications and attacked.

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 04:24:51 pm »

Plus fortresses make for good adventuring locations. It's surprising how little you remember of your fortress's layout when you're on foot with a very small viewing range.
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 07:22:09 am »

Plus fortresses make for good adventuring locations. It's surprising how little you remember of your fortress's layout when you're on foot with a very small viewing range.
and especially if you have breached the clown circus. and the candy was everywhere last time you looked...
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

mcshmeggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 07:26:34 pm »

tell me about it. I have had 4 adventurers killed by the same goblin. he has full steel armor and a silver whip. I always kill his whole crew then he kicks the crap outta me.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 01:25:26 am »

tell me about it. I have had 4 adventurers killed by the same goblin. he has full steel armor and a silver whip. I always kill his whole crew then he kicks the crap outta me.

become an elite marksman/dwarf/whippy elf.aim for the throat. it's NOT protected! it never is... >.>
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Melagius

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord and Master here
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 02:56:15 pm »

become an elite marksman/dwarf/whippy elf.aim for the throat. it's NOT protected! it never is... >.>

The throat seems to always be almost impossible to hit for me.

Kynrael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 03:03:39 pm »

The throat seems to always be almost impossible to hit for me.

That's normal, it being the most difficult to get to. It's only a small spot most of the time and most deadly. You die very quickly if slashed in the neck.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011, 03:58:35 pm »

You cannot aim ranged attacks. Yeah, sadly.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2011, 06:20:44 am »

Become a superhumanly agile and strong legendary wrestler.
Bash him to the ground with a charge, grip his throat, choke it and srtange him. No armor saves from this. After he passes out, you can do whatever you want.
That's 3 wrestling moves and most likely he will have a chance to make an attack or two, thus you should have some armor or good blocking-dodging skills or at least some willpower not to give in to pain instantly if he chips a bone.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2011, 09:07:56 am »

After you knock him out, break his wrists. Start with breaking his weapon wrist.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2011, 07:58:36 pm »

Better yet, kill him with the water you start off with.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: [1] 2