Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Clothes  (Read 395 times)

sjaakwortel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Clothes
« on: May 01, 2011, 05:59:26 am »

In a recent topic i read that clothing is a major problem when they break.(claiming new ones and not using them) Anyone got any ideas how to stop dwarfs from using/claiming clothes in an existing fort ?
Quote from: Greep on May 08, 2010, 07:55:20 pm
do dwarves move any slower when using the stairs?
Compared to falling? Yes.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
Re: Clothes
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 07:19:52 am »

Get rid of all the clothes?

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

sjaakwortel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 09:09:12 am »

problem is that dwarves dont dump claimed items, so you can dump the spare ones but not the worn ones.
Quote from: Greep on May 08, 2010, 07:55:20 pm
do dwarves move any slower when using the stairs?
Compared to falling? Yes.

zephyr_hound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 09:27:05 am »

I've been experimenting with civilian uniforms to make them wear clothes, idea being that if they already have a good quality unworn set of clothes on they won't claim new ones.

Also My fort is now 14 years old and I have seen discarded clothes go from xpig tail sockx to XXpig tail sockXX and then disappear, so they do eventually rot away.
Soapmaker? Looking for a fort to migrate to? Come to Ubenudil! Lush tropical climate, friendly neighbors, rumors of terrifying curse on the land entirely unfounded. Probably.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=85057.0
This message brought to you by the Soapmaker's Guild of Isakudil.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 09:31:32 am »

Either figure out how to make clothes be treated as armour (and therefore, never rot) or assign every civilian a uniform (complete with crossbows).
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.