Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: Vestigi Imperium - Turn 2 - Technological Explosion  (Read 18075 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vestigi Imperium - Turn 1 - One replacement needed
« Reply #150 on: May 06, 2011, 12:37:46 am »

I dunno. Though the magic of COMPOUND INTEREST! in about 45 turns that would be worth almost a lander per turn.

Wait no. Max pop caps in 16 turns. Never mind.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 06, 2011, 08:50:00 am »

Kingdom:  The Forsaken Guard
Race: The Forsaken Guard are actually just the remains of what was once the Emperors Personal Guard. Formerly created through on several secret facilities all over the Galaxy the Guard are nothing more than genetical modified (for faster growth) men bred in large shared artificial uteras. Since the great turmoils, the Empire had to shut down facility after facility due to budget reasons. Feeling betrayed by their Emperor the Guards revolted and took control over Garritus II and the local Guard Production Facility.
Ruler:  Lord General Friedrich  Designation: A35
Planet:  Garritus II
Capital: Facility 01 Designation: The Womb

Bonuses & Penalties

Research +2 The Guard always strives to improve weapons technology to have an edge over their enemies

Population growth +2 The Forsaken Guard grows it's armies in vast artificial uteras and through genetic modification tries to speed up the growth process. Generally semen and ovules from all of the captured humans on the planet are taken and used to produce more soldiers.

Industrial Expansion +2 Most of the planets population is enslaved after occupation and forced to toil away in enormous factory complexes...

Land Attack +2 Every Guardsmen is trained from his birth on in the Arts of War

Land Defense +2 the Forsaken Guard are siege experts and prefer long dragged trench warfare on planets...

Investment -2 Being purely militarily oriented they aren't the biggest military geniuses...

Terraforming -2 Death Planets are far better for training then lush green Worlds...

Small crafts attack -2 The bigger the better...

Acceptable?
repaired
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 10:50:56 am by Ghazkull »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 06, 2011, 09:55:24 am »

That's ten categories. The limit is eight.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 06, 2011, 11:11:50 am »

Welcoming Ghazkull.

Ghazkull, you have 3500c, 1 turn of production (somewhere between 40000-60000), and 1 turn of tax to start. You simply take over Iituem's position and you have one extra turn before everyone catches up.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 12:05:41 pm by evilcherry »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 06, 2011, 12:02:18 pm »

Do i have a fleet or do i take that of Iiltuem?

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 06, 2011, 12:05:28 pm »

Do i have a fleet or do i take that of Iiltuem?
Default fleet, 4 Dukes, 1 Lander.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 06, 2011, 12:12:45 pm »

so how much production i have exactly i need to distribute that...right?

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 06, 2011, 12:23:45 pm »

Rule on Non-standard ship designs

------------------------------

We know it. Part of the fun of space 4x games is fitting your ship with a myriad of different options!

Unfortunately, due to obvious limitations as a forum game, you cannot design new ships on the fly. However, you can new designs to the design office, and they will do the dirty work. New designs will always be classified first, and thus will only be known by its name, without any design details open to the world. Only when they are engaged in a fight, your ships will only reveal their true abilities, so it should give you a tactical edge in combat!

One design per turn can be submitted openly or by PM. It should have:
1. A Name. Obviously.
2. Its Hull Class. Note that we are bound to the DD class for the moment. You need to research the technology for the desired hull class!
You may also have:
3. Weapons. Again, you need the technology to do it. DD dukes are the only exception!
4. Any kind of technologies and parts you wanted to be put on it. Carrier capabilities, Faster engines, Defense, Exotic components... you know the trick.
You should ideally have:
5. A description to your ship. The design office need to know your requirements to begin!

Note that you do not need to tell me the exact stats of the ships. The design office will do the job. This may come out to be a different design from what you have expected, but trust me, it is the limitations of your technologies, not your imagination!

------------------------------

In addition to these ships, from time to time there will be standard designs released to the public, once someone has researched the needed technology. So if you think it as an added distraction, you may simply ignore it.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 02:14:51 pm by evilcherry »

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 06, 2011, 12:25:37 pm »

so how much production i have exactly i need to distribute that...right?
Depends on your attributes. If you have +0 production, its 50000p. If you have +0 to taxation, it is +5000c. In addition, you have 3500c (5000- 1 turn of upkeep), so you have 8500c to burn on the turn 1.
After that, you will have turn 2 with everybody else.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vestigi Imperium - Turn 1 - Initial expansion... or building?
« Reply #159 on: May 06, 2011, 02:09:42 pm »

3. Weapons. Again, you need the technology to do it. DD dukes are the only exception!
4. Any kind of technologies and parts you wanted to be put on it. Carrier capabilities, Faster engines, Defense, Exotic components... you know the trick.
You should ideally have:

Do we start with any weapons or tech at all?

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 06, 2011, 02:12:35 pm »

You should ideally have:

Do we start with any weapons or tech at all?
Nil. The DD Dukes are, simply put, deterrence to a rush tactic.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 06, 2011, 02:14:05 pm »

If I research heavily into Fighters is there anyway for them to be able to handle massive attack ships ? ( I need to know, because my attack style is a quick, and fast strike. )

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 06, 2011, 02:24:05 pm »

If I research heavily into Fighters is there anyway for them to be able to handle massive attack ships ? ( I need to know, because my attack style is a quick, and fast strike. )
And what sunk the Tirpitz and Yamato?

I can support heavy attack small crafts, Cloaking-capable spacecraft (that is, subs) and such.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 06, 2011, 02:47:49 pm »

Yeah, I mean, apparently, even the smallest ships are the size of a town or city, that means a carrier could most likely carry several hundred or even thousand fighters, each with at least one nuclear missile as strong as anything we have now a days.

I believe a battle between a ship and a swarm of fighters would come down to seeing if the ship had enough point defense to take out the incoming swarm of missiles before they breached the hull. Cause even one or two bombers landing their payload would seriously hurt a ship

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 06, 2011, 03:34:41 pm »

Hehehe Operation Super Fighter Fleet - is a go
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16