Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: Vestigi Imperium - Turn 2 - Technological Explosion  (Read 18039 times)

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vestigi Imperium - Turn 1 - Initial expansion... or building?
« Reply #180 on: May 07, 2011, 02:02:07 pm »

Industrial Expansion +2  ???

I believe that refers to the cost of manufactories. +2 would make them cost 80 pp instead of 100.

You should change the stat to +2 production which refers to how many pp each manufactory produces
They do not cost 80pp, but per pp invested it will yield 1.2pp; that is, taken at base cost, 83.33... pp per manufactory.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 07, 2011, 03:31:34 pm »

corrected it..

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 07, 2011, 03:58:41 pm »

1) Your ships should have 15 and 10 HP, respectively.
2) I strongly advise keeping factory level even with population, at least on your homeworld. That would be 30,000p spent for 300 factories.
3) You have a second turn available. You could probably do an if-then sort of thing, in case your research doesn't work for your first turn. If you build 300 factories, you'll have 36,600p available for your second turn.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 07, 2011, 04:28:09 pm »

well i would like to await that first turn first to see how it works out, then i will post the second one...

and correcting the ship hp

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 07, 2011, 04:34:33 pm »

I have a feeling that Stealth Fighters will be a big asset to me in my quest for GALACTIC CONQUEST WORLD PEACE

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 07, 2011, 04:44:59 pm »

Is there not already peace on your world?
Wouldn't stealth carriers be more effective?

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 07, 2011, 06:09:45 pm »

well i would like to await that first turn first to see how it works out, then i will post the second one...

and correcting the ship hp
(Not feeding into spreadsheet, just calculating by heart. But that should be right.)
As said:

On your homeworld, the population is now 5300m, and there are 5000 maunfactories.
As a result, you produce 50000p on your homeworld.
You collect 5300c in taxes, pay 2100c as upkeep, so you have a net gain of 3200c this turn. With 8500c in your treasury, it now grows to 11700c.
After throwing 2 d100s:

You made progress in both fields, though it does not work exactly as you have wished. You got bigger troop modules, but your scientists figured out that they couldn't fit on your designs. You also tried to master the arts in orbital bombing using a lethal gas, but so far you can only deliver heavy objects through the atmosphere unharmed.

New Technologies!

Expanded Troop Carriers: Allows troop modules of a larger size.
Orbital Bombardment: Allows orbital Bombardment.

New Ship!
DD Thorium 20000p (10/10)
Movement 2
Rods from God: (Orbital Bombardment) Kills 30m population; destroys 50 manufactories; loyalty reduction 3%)

Requires orbital Bombardment
True to its name, it drops thorium rods from god, which are heavy rods falling with great speed, not unlike a damaging version of meteor shower. The low radioactivity does not matter, as radioactivity itself is a good propaganda weapon.

I have a feeling that Stealth Fighters will be a big asset to me in my quest for GALACTIC CONQUEST WORLD PEACE
I heavily refrain from developing warping stealth fighters. Non-warping ones could be in order.
Stealth carriers are, though, indeed planned and will be a very good complement to a stealth fleet.

p.s. proper turn up tomorrow.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 07:15:08 pm by evilcherry »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 07, 2011, 07:28:46 pm »

I feel like GMing another forum game, and this seems like it would be fairly easy to run if I force the players to do most of the math (And correct each other, with financial incentives for doing so.) Do you mind if I copy most of the rules and the setting for this, creating a parallel game in another sector? (I could create my own setting, if you'd prefer, or just not do it at all if you're possessive of your game ideas.)

I don't really need anything from you, as I'd rather create my own secret rules, special techs, etc, and already made the spreadsheets as a learning exercise.

(My own game ideas tend to be overly complex and require too much effort on my part, and I know I wouldn't be able to keep them up long enough to even reach the mid-game.)

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 07, 2011, 07:48:57 pm »

I feel like GMing another forum game, and this seems like it would be fairly easy to run if I force the players to do most of the math (And correct each other, with financial incentives for doing so.) Do you mind if I copy most of the rules and the setting for this, creating a parallel game in another sector? (I could create my own setting, if you'd prefer, or just not do it at all if you're possessive of your game ideas.)

I don't really need anything from you, as I'd rather create my own secret rules, special techs, etc, and already made the spreadsheets as a learning exercise.

(My own game ideas tend to be overly complex and require too much effort on my part, and I know I wouldn't be able to keep them up long enough to even reach the mid-game.)
That's fine, considering this game is a consolidation (read: rip-off) of a number of 4x games and forum games.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 08, 2011, 12:09:42 am »

I would in in that, could you send me a PM when you get it up?

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 08, 2011, 11:13:06 am »

I completely forgot about my research bonus. My turn has been modified. I think its all correct now.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 08, 2011, 02:13:12 pm »

Still waiting for Turn 2 by Ghazkull.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 08, 2011, 02:33:32 pm »

Is there not already peace on your world?
Wouldn't stealth carriers be more effective?
1. Yes

2. No I would like people to be able to see my pride an joy the Gilgamesh once it is built

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 08, 2011, 03:18:29 pm »

sorrry shiny things distracted me... :P

Racial Stats:
Research +2
Population growth +2
production +2
Land Attack +2
Land Defense +2
Investment -2
Terraforming -2
Small crafts attack -2

Technologies
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Movement
------------------

Fleet 1  attack 0,8
      DD Duke 1 (15/15)
      DD Duke 2 (15/15)
      DD Duke 3 (15/15)
      DD Duke 4 (15/15)
      DD Lander 1 (10/10)
      DD Lander 2 (10/10)
      DD Lander 3 (10/10)
------------------

Consumption
------------------

18:
Manufactories: 30.000p = 300 Factories
Technology: 30.000p
Total: 60.000p

------------------

Research
------------------
Larger Ship Designs 15.000p

"Yoran-V" Red Cross-Class Orbital Weaponry 15.000p (do i look like a caveman i dont want to throw sticks at them!)
a chemical gas which can be sprayed into the atmosphere. It attacks skin aswell as lungs (or organs with the same functions) and is even able to penetrate modern gas-mask filters. After several hours however the gas volatalizes and leaves back a clean breathable atmosphere.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 08, 2011, 04:03:58 pm »

Okay. I got my History section done.

((I do not know if it conflicts with the established history of the empire, so I tried to leave it open on how important it was for them.))
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 04:13:46 pm by Criptfeind »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16