Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which Harvest Moon shall we play???

GB Harvest Moon (The Way back on that Brick of a Handheld)
GBC Harvest Moon 2 (The Sequal but now with Colour)
GBC Harvest Moon 3 (Now we can be a Girl. Set on as Island this time...)
GBA Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town (Or its Alternate, MORE Friends of Mineral Town if we wanna be the Girl)
Harvest Moon DS (If I can find a Good DS Emu, Map of 'A Wonderfull Life' with the Goals like 'Magical Melody')
Harvest Moon DS: Island of Happiness (Build your farm to attact Citizens to this Not So Deserted Island.)
Harvest Moon DS: Sunshine Islands (Restore a Sunken Island!!! BY FARMING!!!)
Harvest Moon DS: Grand Bazaar (Sell your goods yourself, you lazy farmer...)
Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns DS (Shush I don't think this one is even out yet...)
Harvest Moon: Hero of Leaf Valley PSP (Save the Village by Growing Veggies, stop those Evil Amusement Park Builders, Save the Homeland Remake??? Not even avalible in Aus...)
Harvest Moon Snes (EPIC SNES!!! I ROCK THIS ONE!!!)
Harvest Moon 64 (Harvest Moon for the 64, naturally)
Harvest Moon: Back to Nature PSN (This one I rocked, friend of mine had 20 years worth of Farming logged, WTF???)
Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland PS2 (I missed this one T_T Did it even ever come out in Aus???)
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life GC/PS2 (Oh I have this on PS2, its a nice version...)
Harvest Moon: Magical Melody GC/Wii (Got this one on Wii...)
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility Wii (After 6+months of looking for it after finally getting a Wii, I finally got my hands on it)
Harvest Moon: Animal Parade Wii, (Is this even coming out in Australia...)

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: LP :: Harvest Moon // But which one??? 18 Choices...  (Read 6928 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LP :: Harvest Moon // But which one??? 18 Choices...
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2011, 07:03:00 pm »

They all look the same to me.  I vote for one of the PSP versions that are apparently illegal in your country.  Preferably the one considered most offensive.
Oh its not illegal, PsP games are not very well imported into Australia. Actually alot of games are not very well imported into Australia and we are close to the damn country then any American or British person (Yes I know that there are others, but they are the NTAC and Pal distributors). And the Brits didn't import the game, therefore there is no Pal version of the PsP game. Thus no Importation of said game... T_T
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2011, 11:24:42 pm »

I think the problem is that you are REALLY the expert here

You should pick the best Harvest moon based off of interesting farm set up and characters.

Oddly enough in the Harvest moon for the PS1 I didn't touch the Library girl EVER because I felt her relationship with baseball cap guy was actually too endeering to step upon.

It is a shame that the female version of the game didn't really change much. The Guys in the original harvest moon weren't made to be attractive, desirable, or really all that well written so you got an odd situation where none of the guys were good. Even the Doctor was selectible but he always looked disinterested (as in he always had an emotionless somber look on his face)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2011, 05:07:14 pm »

Go for the second Gameboy one. I can't find mine and demand my whims be completed vicariously.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2011, 05:25:52 pm »

Go for the second Gameboy one. I can't find mine and demand my whims be completed vicariously.

Don't go for any of the gameboy versions... Harvest moon was REALLY made for more then two buttons.

Unless I guess we want to watch you twitch in horror as you have to drop off 10 sets of crops without the crop basket.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 06:21:05 pm by Neonivek »

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2011, 06:07:21 pm »

I have little to no knowledge of the series, so I don't mind which one gets done, but I'll definitely be watching. I was intrigued by the series ever since I saw someone playing one on their GBA.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2011, 09:20:47 pm »

Well after my Trip down to Sydney which lasts from Thursday to Monday. I will start up the LP. But I still haven't decided.
Fraps or Screenshots???
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2011, 04:27:41 am »

To be honest, I prefer the Rune Factory series to the Harvest Moon Series.

I vote for GBC 2, the first one I played.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2011, 05:00:51 am »

I hate you Neyvn.  After reading this topic, I MUST play a Harvest Moon game.  I think my PSN disk still works...   ;D

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2011, 05:46:23 am »

To be honest, I prefer the Rune Factory series to the Harvest Moon Series.

I vote for GBC 2, the first one I played.
I know what you mean, but my only touch on the Runefactory series was with the Wii game, Runefactory Frontier. Cause I don't own an NDS, though Harvest Moon is my all time fave...

I hate you Neyvn.  After reading this topic, I MUST play a Harvest Moon game.  I think my PSN disk still works...   ;D
I got my itch when I was giving my room (and thus my computer time) away to a few 'cousins' while they were here going to the Blue's Festival that was being heal nearby, I ended up playing alot of my Wii in the mornings before they left and Harvest Moon was one of the games I played, now that I can't get at the Wii as much anymore (damn PC addiction) I wanna play some more farming games...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2011, 01:10:53 pm »

I'm playing the PSN Back to Nature, and I have read about the SNES original, and I have a question.

It seems to me that the PSN version is almost a regression feature-wise.  The SNES version looked to have so much more.  Is that true?  Or are they just different?  How much was lost between the SNES and the PSN?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2011, 03:31:38 pm »

Well I don't really know...

In the Snes Version there were a few more things to 'unlock'/discover.
For example;
You don't actually get a clock unless you upgrade your home in the first year/season (can't remember).
You had a larger Farmplot, to the point where there was too much space and it was all nearly wasted.
It had an Endgame, that if you didn't reach a certain point you would get a gameover at the end of the year.
The Tools were, if I remember rightly, discoverable, you had to throw your axe into the harvest godess's pond and then answer correctly to get the Golden Axe (or was it the hammer).
Horsebags, your horse was a moveable Goodsbox so you didn't have to return to the box every harvest.

I don't really remember if there were other things in the Snes version that the PSN left out, but the PSN did do different things that enhanced the gameplay,
It gave you more folk to befriend.
More Income products (Mayo, Butter, Honey, Flowers for example)
A Mine.
More fishing spots with different locals giving different fish.
Different areas to harvest forageables.
Graded upgrades for your tools requiring different levels of skill use and ore.
A Backpack to actually store things.
A way to cook food which gave you back different amounts of Stamina.
Calendar Events.

So its hard to really tell sometimes...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2011, 05:39:21 pm »

I have to admit, Harvest Moon: Back to Nature is a lot more fun, now that I've learned how to make the Harvest Sprites do all my work...BWAH HA HA!

Work faster, Harvest Sprites!  I'll give you...flour!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2011, 05:49:27 pm »

The game does have a definite ending, when your parents come to visit. In fact, it even locks you out from continuing onwards after your parents come to see your face. I have heard that there are multiple endings, such as one where you marry and divorce various people, but I only beaten Harvest Moon once, and I don't really feel like doing it again.

There were also standard "calendar events" and a pre-planned natural disaster such as the Earthquake that allows you access to the Harvest Goddess' Pond.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2011, 09:12:26 pm »

Um... I grabbed a new one...

Harvest Moon: Animal Parade. For the Wii...
Found it here in Sydney while I was visiting. So yeah...

Does anyone know of a way to 'film' a TV screen to post onto the Net without pointing a Camera at the TV???

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2011, 03:03:09 am »

Dunno really.  Perhaps plug the TV into a computer, and run some program that records from external screen, or something.

Newer TVs may have a digital record feature that can tinkered with to save a digital file, or something.

Tech support!  We need you!
Pages: 1 [2] 3