Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Problem Creating Creature  (Read 1067 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Problem Creating Creature
« on: April 29, 2011, 07:31:08 pm »

[REDACTED]
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 04:15:53 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Problem Creating Creature
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 09:13:36 pm »

The BPs need categories. Without them it can't apply tissues. If you make new categories you will need to dive into the b_(I Forget) files and declare the tissues there.

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 10:44:59 pm »

So, I'm trying to create a creature based on the Bacteriophage virus, but I'm having some problems with it, mainly body parts.

The creature:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The body:

Error log:

Any help would be greatly appreciated

EDIT:Body inside spoilers is disorganized, don't know why

NobodyPro is talking about b_detail_plan_default.txt, which controls the body default plans. It might be a good idea to open it up so you can see how they work - so you can fix some of the issues with your creature.

[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:CHITIN_MATERIALS]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:CHITIN:CHITIN_TEMPLATE]
The second line is redundant; it's already included in BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:CHITIN_MATERIALS.

According to your body, you don't have a head or anything on a head, so BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_HEAD_POSITIONS isn't necessary.

BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:EXOSKELETON_TISSUE_LAYERS applies the materials you listed after it to body parts according to their category. You haven't added categories to any of your body parts. Tagging them with [CATEGORY:x] will solve this. Looks like you'll need BODY_UPPER, BODY_LOWER, LEG_FRONT, LEG_REAR added. FOOT is already tagged on the feet.

Bite has problems because you don't have any head or teeth for your creature's body.

I don't know about syndromes, so I can't be of any help there, sorry!

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 08:05:25 am »

From what I can see at iPod resolution, the venom is fine. Instantly lethal, I think, but fine.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 02:36:13 pm »

You forgot to make it size 1  :P

Maybe not size 1... but that virus is bigger than an Elephant as it is! Is this intentional?
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 04:43:18 pm »

You forgot to make it size 1  :P

Maybe not size 1... but that virus is bigger than an Elephant as it is! Is this intentional?
Yes, it is intentional. (it's the same size of a blind cave ogre, actually)

Also, I'll try the sugestions given here. Will give an update if it works or not.

EDIT: No more problems with the body, but it is now refusing to stand and instead crawls around. Any idea why?

EDIT 2:did a bit more testing, a battle with a honey badger to be more precise. The creature keeps pushing the badger (pretty effective, too) instead of kicking, despite having the right raws (nothing on the errorlog regarding missing BP). Maybe I'm failing to see something, since I'm rather tired.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 05:07:37 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?