Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: getting back from IR  (Read 482 times)

buzz killington

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
getting back from IR
« on: April 29, 2011, 07:16:12 pm »

Haven't played since hospitals worked :)

How long does it take to get a dwarf back from injured reserve?  I assume they are in recovery when they are flashing "rest" instead of "medical problem"

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: getting back from IR
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 07:28:52 pm »

Haven't played since hospitals worked :)

How long does it take to get a dwarf back from injured reserve?  I assume they are in recovery when they are flashing "rest" instead of "medical problem"
It depends on the injury. As long as they can walk, they'll be able to get up once any necessary health care is done. Severed nerves on the spine or legs can take them out permanently, while a syndrome that causes nothing but bruising over the body might cause them to be released as soon as diagnosis is complete.

Also, just flashing a red or yellow + doesn't always mean that they're incapable of working. I had a dwarf a while back afflicted with a Forgotten Beast syndrome that completely disabled his eyes. He was back at work after diagnosis, but kept flashing a yellow + until the blinding syndrome wore off.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

buzz killington

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: getting back from IR
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 09:07:04 am »

Right after I post my hospital empties out, it went from like 10 patients to three.  I don't know what it was but all of a sudden they were cured  :D