Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mortal Kombat Arenas ideas  (Read 395 times)

taro8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mortal Kombat Arenas ideas
« on: April 29, 2011, 06:25:46 pm »

Are you bored with roman esque arenas where you just train your champions on some sissy goblins? If so then here is and interesting concept of Mortal Kombat.

The basic is that you have a bridge 1 title wide with nasty stuff at each side. You create a borrow so you can send dwarves there, entry for dwarves is from one side and cages from the other. Now you can have Kombatants fight to their death in an amusing way, maybe you set both without weapons, or not? Its all up to you.

A throne for the king, so he can observe bloody kombat for his sick amusement, is optional  ;D.
This may be very amusing way to deal with nobles, just send them to borrow and put them against some creature, if they win you let them live, at least until they annoy you again  :D. Or maybe you want to see with recruit deserves to be part of military, loser DIES.

Of course 1 title wide arena is optional, maybe small circle? Its up to you.

My ideas for arenas:

The Pit
1 title wide bridge above 15 z levels drop with spikes at the bottom. This should lead to situation when torso is stuck on spikes while limbs are torn of by impact.

The Netherworld
1 title bridge above magma, preferably in FUN Land  ;)

The Colosseum
A small round arena with various death traps around it: spike pits, magma, disk traps, atomsmashing bridges. Along with stands for public and throne for the king.

How do you like this idea? I would like to hear yours or see some nice screenshots of ready arenas.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 06:36:25 pm by taro8 »

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
Re: Mortal Kombat Arenas ideas
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 06:53:16 pm »

I've wanted to do an arena for a while. The problem is that dwarves are horribly frightened of visible enemies, even through glass, so no one could actually be near it except the military D=
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: Mortal Kombat Arenas ideas
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 06:59:33 pm »

Draft some unarmed civillians into the military and station them in the arena seats.

I usually have a hole without any ramps and some onyx gem windows to prevent anything from coming up.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!