Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Dirt and Blood  (Read 12574 times)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Dirt and Blood
« Reply #135 on: May 06, 2011, 10:06:05 pm »

Check on the NCOs first, after all, we can't have horrible Corporals and Sarges, can we?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 08, 2011, 05:25:17 am »

((W00t, so you magically decided how we are? Well, to fight off railroadism, I'm going to refuse to take any of your hints))

Dismiss the files entirely. Knowing the men only make sending them to their death duty harder. Call the Drillmaster and enquire about who the former CO was, and who was second in command. Also get a map and look where the Farside forest is.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 08, 2011, 10:48:35 am »

Dismiss the files entirely. Knowing the men only make sending them to their death duty harder.

There are no non-comissioned officers or normal soldiers in the files. It has all the comissioned officers in the military at the moment. Do you really think I would make a Psyche report FOR EVERY MAN IN THIS ARMY? And you can't burn it, there are some actions in this game that you cannot get away with.

Also, there is no railroading in this part. You have some free choice at this point.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 08, 2011, 10:56:27 am »

Dismiss the files entirely. Knowing the men only make sending them to their death duty harder.

There are no non-comissioned officers or normal soldiers in the files. It has all the comissioned officers in the military at the moment. And you can't burn it, there are some actions in this game that you cannot get away with.
((Dismiss, not burning... And there is a VERY good reason most armies restrict fraternization...))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 08, 2011, 02:36:04 pm »

Well, my actions still stand.

By the way, I really wonder why they sent a Psyche report about every single CO in the army to us. It's not like we need it (While we could use a report on our subordinate), and the ennemy would kill to get it...

Actually, should we defect to the New Empire (or whoever the ennemy is?) and negociate this info for a whole pile of cash?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 02:38:00 pm by Sheb »

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 08, 2011, 02:54:21 pm »

DEFECT!

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 08, 2011, 03:07:06 pm »

It only talks about their personality and onlys skims over their real skill. It does not say about how skilled they really are, where they are, how many soldiers their are under their command at the moment, and it will most likely be out-dated within a years time frame.

Don't think it'll sell for a lot. Also, teh New Empire in this world has little intrest in the Ariani nations. If anything, it'd want to help them, because they see the gaint killer Temptessian Empire as at least a SMALL threat.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 08, 2011, 03:10:56 pm »

Guys, defecting would be hilarious, and quite frankly the smart idea, but that is not how this game is going to go. The harder you fight it, the more he will railroad you, and so you might as well follow the tracts of your own violation.

Just go out and assemble the troops for a speech.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 08, 2011, 03:13:16 pm »

Yeah, not to mention that our foe will have more advanced weaponry and such...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 08, 2011, 03:17:10 pm »

At any rate, if John would let us defect, that would be my vote, but if he will not (which I think he will not) then we might as well stop talking about it.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 08, 2011, 03:34:56 pm »

Are you kidding me? Information about every single CO? For starters, even knowing their name rank and number would be useful info, and having even the more basic knowledge of how they think (Are they prone to attack or not?) would be of immense value.

That, and they'd welcome us anyway because of the P.R. stunt. We may even get money if we agree to make a few speech telling how awful our side is.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 08, 2011, 03:37:56 pm »

Yeah. But this is a game. Not real life.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 08, 2011, 03:41:28 pm »

Could be a realistic game.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 08, 2011, 07:26:22 pm »

Yeah, not to mention that our foe will have more advanced weaponry and such...

The Temptess Empire in this world has a heavy quantity over quaility military policy. They have far higher numbers, but each one of those numbers is not very skilled at all.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 08, 2011, 07:41:05 pm »

With the resources at their command?! I'd say the Ariani are fucked.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11