Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Dirt and Blood  (Read 12584 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Dirt and Blood
« Reply #120 on: May 04, 2011, 04:03:49 am »

"No, and to tell you the whole truth, I don't care. Leading men to their death seems to be what I'm tasked with, and knowing them would only make my task more difficult. Now, if you could show me my quarters, I may forget that unforgivable lack of respect you've shown to your commanding officer."

Once inside our quarters, summon the different officers and important staff from the regiment to discuss the present situation. Also looks for items that we may need if we choose to desert.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

powpow

• Bay Watcher
  • (UTC+10:00) Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 04, 2011, 05:14:35 am »

^^ that and possibly meet the men (or beastmen) under your command and get to know them

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 04, 2011, 08:52:10 am »

You do realize my proposition and yours are strict opposite? I do not want to meet the men, and you want to do it.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2011, 02:06:23 pm »

-snip-
Wow. Thanks... Mcclay. I really didn't think you had it inside you.

Looks (and Grammar) can be deciving I guess.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 04, 2011, 05:49:38 pm »

(( from Mcclay? I wasn't expecting that.

Anyway, Ima lurk until The tactical choices become available))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 04, 2011, 05:54:57 pm »

Follow sheb's suggestion. Also look over the equipment of the regiment.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 04, 2011, 06:42:43 pm »

You ask about the Dragoons, also noting his lack of respect and your clear lack of optimism in command. He looks a little embarrassed and ashamed.
"S-s-sorry commander! Dragoons a-ar-"
He is cut off by what seems to be a commanding officer of a lower rank to you. He seems to be a Wolfman, and a clear veteran of more then a few wars.
"Private! Get back to your tent!"
"Yes sir!"
He quickly runs back off to the camp. The Wolfman greets you.
"Blank Eye. I am Drill Sargent Jarliki."
He looks off to the Private, still running off to the camp.
"And if you do not mind, I will tell you what that grunt was stubbling to finish. Dragoons are an elite shock troop designed for both mounted and foot combat. They are armed with both rifles and poleaxes."
He then guestures for you to follow him.
"If you do not mind, I will show you to your quarters."

You arrive at the largest tent in the camp. You enter to find it mostly empty accept for a large bedroll and some assorted light furniture. You sit in a small desk and call for a courier. (What seems like) A beastman walks in. You cannot identify who or what he is because of his Dark Green Head-Scarf. Most front-line Couriers from all nations wear this in order to help show their allegiance. However, this is used more out of habit rather then tactical gain in recent times. You send him to bring you the regiment staff.

Within a half-hour, the Courier returns with three people. Among them are the Quartermaster, Drill Sargent, and Chief Medical Officer.
The Quartermaster is a brownish spotted Dogman with, although they seem a little muddied, very proper attire. He seems to be completely at your attention.
The Drill Sargent is the war-veteran you meet earlier. He seems tried and not all too happy.
The Chief Medical Officer is a Human, to your slight surprise. He has Black Hair and Hazel eyes. He seems to be completely at you attention.

What do you do?
>_

Spoiler: Small Expanation (click to show/hide)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 04, 2011, 07:04:36 pm »

"What's the sitrep?"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 04, 2011, 07:12:08 pm »

Get status reports from all three advisory staff members.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 04, 2011, 08:48:15 pm »

(( wait, so apperantly i'm the guy who nobody on this forum thinks is smart and will always be annoying, shit. Using an actual computer so my spelling and grammer should be okay.))
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 05, 2011, 09:17:38 am »

((You're the guys JF think isn't smart and always annoying. :p. Also, JF, I specifically said I didn't want to know what Dragoon are.))

"Gentlemen. War is hell. We all know that. I guess none of you are happy to be here. I, for one, would be the first to go away if I could. But I can't. Like it or not -and you don't- but we're stuck together until death or peace, with peace by far the less likely outcome.

However, no matter how slim our chances of survival are, I want them as large as possible. And I want them to be as large as possible for our men as well. That's mean discipline and high level of training for them. Drillmaster, I want you to set up a schedule of physical training right now, starting from tomorrow morning. Luckily, I haven't got any orders from the leadership, so we can stay away from the frontline without risking to be shot for treasons. Also, I know the traditions of poleaxing, but just drop them. Or at least don't spend time training with them.

Doctor, what are ou medical supplies? Do we have any injured yet? "

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 05, 2011, 02:03:37 pm »

(( Also, JF, I specifically said I didn't want to know what Dragoon are. ))

(( I was merging USEC's request with yours. He asked to know what Dragoons were, and you had what he would do next. I put two and two together. ))

(( Edit: I have also just gotten Mount and Blade. I have gotten so many games this few last weeks, I rarely find time to check here. ))
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 02:05:16 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 05, 2011, 02:50:38 pm »

(( I was merging USEC's request with yours. He asked to know what Dragoons were, and you had what he would do next. I put two and two together. ))

I was asking to know the history of the dragoons, not what they were. It was pretty obvious that they were shock troops (Though I'm guessing that they came from an era where cavalry as shock troops was a good idea).

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 06, 2011, 07:10:34 pm »

The Courier walks over and stands by your desk. He seems very alert, although his expression is hidden behind his face-veil. You assume it is completely composed.

You inform your officers about your view points on war (Which seem to not be very high.) and ask for a status report from each. The Quarter master walks forward and says,
"Food Supplies are full. There is no shortage of medical supplies. We have enough Gunpowder and bullets to take a fortress. All weapons are accounted for."
The Drillmaster walks forward and says,
"The Soldiers are still adjusting to your command. General morale is high. There are no major problems within the camp."
The Chief Medical Advisor walks forward and says,
"The Regiment is at full strength of 3000 men. All men are in fighting condition. Any and all injuries are very minor."

You get a small jolt as someone from somewhere out of sight speaks. You turn a bit to revel it is the Courier.
"Command recently ordered us to locate near Farside Forest. You have yet to appoint a second in command."
He then steps back, continuing his apparent vigil.

You request that the Drillmaster set up a long line of training exercises for the men. He nods and leaves. You dissmiss the rest, seeing as their is very little else they can do currently. As he is leaving, the Courier throws what seems like a few files on your desk. He mutters something,
"Psyche Reports."

You open the files and look through them. There seem to be a few marked out. Curiosity getting the better of you, you look through the reports for your own file. You find it and start reading.

Spoiler: Report (click to show/hide)

The report flatters you a bit.

What do you do?
>_

(( Hint: Getting to know some of your soldiers is a good idea. It can increase their loyalty, morale, and sometimes even their skills among other things. ))
(( Hint: You also have a bunch of files with magical reports of everyone. Take a guess at what would be a good idea at the moment. ))
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 07:12:08 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 06, 2011, 09:47:26 pm »

Read files, flatter soliders on what they are good at.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11