Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

(Poll pending)

(Generic Choice 1)
(Generic Choice 2)

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 77

Author Topic: Roll to Alter Someone's Life Round 5: Reboot  (Read 63792 times)

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Alter Someone's Life Round 3: Mad !!SCIENCE!!
« Reply #375 on: June 09, 2011, 05:54:33 am »

One more vote for US president in the next round
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 09, 2011, 05:58:42 am »

All right, breadbocks for failure in Round 5 and...

3 votes for Young Dragon (seeking horde and worshippers) - V-Norrec, Taricus, breadbocks
4 votes for USA President (Bruce Willis?) - choobakka, Talarion, Grimmjow6th, maxicaxi
1 vote for PencilMan - Powder Miner

I'll leave the voting open for a few more days, give some more people time to vote. ^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 09, 2011, 01:31:47 pm »

Unfortunately for the Doctor, when his robot minions repaired his body, they failed to provide adequate oxygen to his brain, thus causing him to drop to an IQ of 75
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 09, 2011, 02:51:59 pm »

Unfortunately for the Doctor, when his robot minions repaired his body, they failed to provide adequate oxygen to his brain, thus causing him to drop to an IQ of 75
Counter! They did not fail to give oxygen, they used an experimental chemical that caused his Intelligence to skyrocket!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 09, 2011, 02:58:48 pm »

Quote from: Talarion: After wolfchild
(counter wolfchild) He is actually in a great scheming mood! All of the ideas queued up from his coma come flooding in! The first: Abduct people to experimentate with cybernetics. if he can get a Cybernetic body, or later Robotic, and upload his personality and memories to a computer, then he will live FOREVER!!!
Quote from: Noah22223: After Theodolus
(counter Theodolus) They did not fail to give oxygen, they used an experimental chemical that caused his Intelligence to skyrocket!
Quote from: mcclay: 55
because of all the Martial law and all of ther other trynncial shit the US burts into rebillion. The largest grop of rebels rember Marmot as a hero and flock to his side. Taing all their allirs with them
-----------
Quote from: Digital Hellhound: 40
SLEEPER: The US Government tracked Dr Marmot down while he was in a coma and have infiltrated his base to keep an eye on him!
Quote from: Theodolus: 95
Unfortunately for the Doctor, when his robot minions repaired his body, they failed to provide adequate oxygen to his brain, thus causing him to drop to an IQ of 75.
Quote from: wolfchild: 49
He just can't seem to get into the scheming mood

(Theodolus, H=4: 3) The robots are well-programmed; our protagonist(?) is a very thorough man and has layers upon layers in his schemes, accounting even for his own death. (Noah2223, H=4: 4) Dr. Gallows swings his legs off of the operating table and stands, feeling a bit light-headed. He had always known he was an intelligent man, but even he couldn't have predicted how effective the serums used to keep his body alive during the surgery would be! He could almost feel the designs coming together in his head, his mind burning through mathematical equations and chemical formulas with an almost alarming speed. (mcclay, H=4: 5) Not many people would call the doctor a hero, but he had earned a dedicated following from people calling themselves freedom fighters had found their way into his base and were waiting for him to awaken, to lead them. They would certainly be useful, in time; for now they were barely trained and poorly equipped.

(wolfchild, M=3: 5. Talarion: H=4: 2) Right now, Marmot isn't in the mood to plot. He wanted to review his assets, stretch his legs, enjoy a good meal, train his new troops, invent better weaponry for them... yes, once he was sure he had a strong foundation would he begin to build his plans. Marmot Gallows was nothing if he was not methodical and exact. (Digital Hellhound, H=4: 6) Unknown to everyone, one of the rebels, Henry, was actually FBI Agent Williams! He had been undercover with this rebel group almost since the moment of its formation, and he had never dreamed that this case would one day take him right into the secret hideout of Dr. Gallows himself. Now he was in position to keep an eye on him daily and record his actions. Surely he would get a promotion for this! Of course it was risky, but it was worth it to a patriot like Williams.

Team Success: 8
Team Failure: 3

----------------

2nd 1/2, January (For people who have keeping up with this, from now on I'm just gonna combine the Notes into this section.)

Marmot Gallows is healthy. His assets include increased intelligence, a trio of robot minions, an army of rebels (one of whom is a 4+1 Sleeper Agent), and a base hidden in Death Valley so it's very hard to find and get to.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 09, 2011, 03:01:28 pm »

Dr. Gallows does a search of all the rebels, and finds that our little FBI agent is wearing a wire!!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 03:26:56 pm by noah22223 »
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 09, 2011, 03:25:23 pm »

Counter! FBI agent Williams had actually slipped his wire into the pocket of another rebel, thus deflecting suspicion away from himself!
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 09, 2011, 03:26:31 pm »

Disregard this stupidity.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 04:28:00 pm by noah22223 »
Goddammit.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 09, 2011, 03:58:14 pm »

Noah, it doesn't work like that. You only get 1 action. You can't counter someones counter to you.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 09, 2011, 03:59:51 pm »

DISREGARD.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 04:28:12 pm by noah22223 »
Goddammit.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 09, 2011, 04:11:12 pm »

That doesn't even make sense... a counter is basically a test, whoever gets the higher roll wins.  You still have a decent shot at winning, why would you waste somebody else's turn when it would only get you 1 point if you popped the sleeper right now.  From a purely logical standpoint, it'd be a far better use of the rest of your team's turn to just have Gallows to give everyone a low-quality rifle and low-quality body armor, which would probably be worth about 2 points.

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 09, 2011, 04:27:38 pm »

Disregard my stupidity.
EDIT: My avatar works perfectly for this  :P
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 05:50:28 pm by noah22223 »
Goddammit.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 09, 2011, 04:38:42 pm »

No problem. ^^

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 09, 2011, 07:34:25 pm »

if digital doesn't respond, mind if i control the action?
As the good dr. walks along, he trips on a loose tile and falls flat on his face, embarrasing[sp?] himself in front of his rebels/
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 09, 2011, 07:35:31 pm »

Also, If I pop the sleeper now, then Team Failure (BOO!) will not get any points for it later (YAY!).
Goddammit.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 77