Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

(Poll pending)

(Generic Choice 1)
(Generic Choice 2)

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 77

Author Topic: Roll to Alter Someone's Life Round 5: Reboot  (Read 63674 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Alter Someone's Life Round 4: Flight of Dragons
« Reply #915 on: September 20, 2011, 10:02:05 am »

The two demon dragons find Arogeth and engage him in mortal combat. Ready? Fight!

Reinforcing this action!

Arogeth fights valiantly-the last being in the world to oppose the Demons!

But, in the end he FALLS!

They even peform a grisly fatality move on him-up down down left up down high kick low kick high punch  :'(
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: September 20, 2011, 10:14:02 am »

...Is that an actual Fatality combination? Those things could get pretty ridiculous; the only ones I could consistently do were the Kintaro transformation and Dead Pool stage fatality in MK2. :\ Ironically years later I had most of the GTA3 button codes memorized. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: September 20, 2011, 10:23:22 am »

I vaugely remember that as close to Kano's Heart Pull. It's been a long time... *shifty eyes*
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: September 20, 2011, 03:09:53 pm »

The two demon dragons find Arogeth and engage him in mortal combat. Ready? Fight!

Arogeth completely dominates them both, ending with a BRUTALITY.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: September 20, 2011, 05:26:13 pm »

Guys, you can;t directly kill the MainNPC.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: September 20, 2011, 05:47:27 pm »

Indeed, but you can machinate his demise. Considering we're several months in and these demonic dragons are the result of several things (dwarves died, heroes went insane, Liu Tao took over, etc.) I will allow a fight with a Hard rating and if it goes in Theo's favor I might allow Dwarmin's to finish him off; otherwise if only one succeeds he'll just be injured. If Krath manages to beat them with his counter roll, however, the demon dragons will be killed, so I think it balances out.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: September 20, 2011, 10:31:50 pm »

The islanders, realizing life under a Dragon Lord is better than unlife under Demons join the battle.  While not strong, they distract the demonic dragons long enough for Arogeth to kill them, bringing the islanders and Arogeth closer together.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: September 20, 2011, 11:01:57 pm »

I guess our rolls are directly opposing, eh?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: September 20, 2011, 11:04:51 pm »

Hmm, so, technically, in order I think it would be: Powder goes first, V-Norrec counters, then Dwarmin and Theo are technically countering him, then Krath is countering them... Taric just goes whenever. :P Turn fairly soon.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: September 21, 2011, 12:59:50 am »

Special Note: Due to the large number of counters this turn that could potentially end the round, each action will be rolled for whether the previous action succeeds or fails.

Quote from: V-Norrec: After Powder
(Counter Powder Miner) The islanders, realizing life under a Dragon Lord is better than unlife under Demons join the battle.  While not strong, they distract the demonic dragons long enough for Arogeth to kill them, bringing the islanders and Arogeth closer together.
Quote from: Krath: After Dwarmin
(Counter Theodolus, Dwarmin) Arogeth completely dominates them both, ending with a BRUTALITY.
Quote from: Taricus: 45
Common sense dictates to Liu Tao that SOMETHING far better than Arogeth would be waiting for them if arogeth is the only thing standing in his way of world domination. He decides to say bugger it and retire.
-----------
Quote from: Powder Miner: 15
The islanders rip his wings off. He survives, but can't fly anymore.
Quote from: Theodolus: After V-N
(Counter V-Norrec) The two demon dragons find Arogeth and engage him in mortal combat. Ready? Fight!
Quote from: Dwarmin: After Theo
(Support Theo) Arogeth fights valiantly-the last being in the world to oppose the Demons! But, in the end he FALLS! They even peform a grisly fatality move on him-up down down left up down high kick low kick high punch :'(

(Taricus, H=4: 3) Liu Tao almost packs it in entirely, figuring that even if they do eliminate the only real threat in this part of the world then there would still be problems conquering the rest of the globe... but he reconsiders! He didn't overthrow the demon lord just to back out like a chump now, and when this plan works the horde will flock to his banner once more. All he has to do is prove he has what it takes for them to dominate the planet, and they will listen to him. Patience, Liu Tao... patience...

(Powder, M=3: 1; as a result V-Norrec's action becomes Easy. V-N, E=2: 3. Theo & Dwarmin, H=4: 6, 5. Krath, D=5: 4.) The islanders see the demon dragons coming, and despite their misgivings, they decide that maybe they should back Arogeth. Life under demons would be much worse than life under a single dragon, and if need be one day they could probably kill him. Although untrained and lacking realy weaponry, they charge alongside the dragon to engage! The battle is long, bloody, and brutal; all the islanders are slain quickly, leaving Arogeth to fight on his lonesome. He tries his best, but even with his enhanced durability he's just one dragon against two. Thrak and Daigo tear him apart...

From the moment Liu Tao ascended from a mere low adviser to the demon lord to usurp his throne, it was only a matter of time before his plans reached fruition. The continent has been leveled; all traces of previous civilization - man, dragon, dwarves, elves, trolls, plants, wildlife, all of it - has been replaced by miles of rock and desert. The demons are building a new kingdom there now, and under Liu Tao, they will soon begin building ships to take the fight to other continents, with the former heroes turned demon dragons, Thrak and Lucky Daigo, as their vanguard...

TEAM SUCCESS: 87
TEAM FAILURE: 102

A Team Failure Victory! Round 5 will begin as soon as I update the rules to reflect current trends, which I'll work on tomorrow. It's late so I'm just gonna get a few rounds of AC:B in and get some sleep. :P
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 01:34:21 am by SeriousConcentrate »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: September 21, 2011, 03:30:39 am »

Am I in Round 5?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: September 21, 2011, 03:34:10 am »

Check the first post, you're there.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: September 21, 2011, 06:12:12 am »

Veeectory for eeeevil!

Too bad I was sort of rooting for Arogeth and Tala while trying to destroy them.

I really need to get in on the good side one of these days.  :-\

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: September 21, 2011, 10:53:51 am »

You have to look at it like this: Demon dragon evilness or live dragon evilness? Depending on who you're talking to we might have been team success.  :)
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: September 21, 2011, 11:22:15 am »

Work on updates is going to be slowed to, at the very earliest, tonight; turns out I gotta help a relative get their car in for repairs, so... :\
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 77