Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

(Poll pending)

(Generic Choice 1)
(Generic Choice 2)

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 77

Author Topic: Roll to Alter Someone's Life Round 5: Reboot  (Read 63757 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Alter Someone's Life Round 3: Mad !!SCIENCE!!
« Reply #495 on: June 16, 2011, 09:28:41 pm »

Luckily, Gallows kept the counter-agent to the serum, and with a quick swill of it, he's back to normal.

Can someone deal with the army?
Or rather, he discovers a new serum which boosts his intelligence even further, while enhancing his physical abilities.
Counter-ish?:  It also turns him into an ugly hunch-backed mutant.  After this latest round of failures he has his robot minions destroy all the chemicals he has ever worked on, ever.

I don't necessarily want this action to just disappear if Talarion gets a fail roll.  Maybe just have the second part go through if he gets a fail roll?

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 16, 2011, 10:29:45 pm »

The rebels panic when they notice the army is around and rush into battle!...only to get cut down by some heavy MG emplacements and a lot of soldiers.
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 18, 2011, 12:06:20 pm »

I believe that's everyone, isn't it? If it ain't I'm just gonna auto whoever's missing.
@V-Norrec: Technically he can just keep making chemicals and have one do what you want, resulting in the second part. Since you don't want it to be lost on a failed counter I'm just going to treat it as a separate action... which means... a round without counters? :P le Gasp.

Quote from: Talarion: 45
Gallows discovers a new serum which boosts his intelligence even further, while enhancing his physical abilities.
Quote from: Noah22223: (with Talarion)
Supporting Talarion
Quote from: {mcclay} breadbocks: 79
Space Cannon blasts the army. Again.
-----------
Quote from: {Digital Hellhound} Grimmjow6th: 64
The rebels panic when they notice the army is around and rush into battle!...only to get cut down by some heavy MG emplacements and a lot of soldiers.
Quote from: {Theodolus} V-Norrec: 2
Gallows makes a chemical that turns him into an ugly hunch-backed mutant.  After this latest round of failures he has his robot minions destroy all the chemicals he has ever worked on, ever.
Quote from: wolfchild: 80
The army is waiting for clearence so that if they are routed, a neuclear strike is authorised

(wolfchild, H=4: 2) The army tries to authorize nuclear weapons, but the president isn't about to launch nukes on their own soil. It would give those damn Liberals something to write about in their paper. (breadbocks, H=4: 4) At some point in the past Gallows launched a laser cannon into orbit. It comes into play now and blasts the bejesus out of the army emplacements, severely weakening them and making it more difficult for them to get mobilized. Gallows and Scarlet share a hearty evil laugh as they watch the crater form on the monitors in the base. (Grimmjow6th, H=4: 4) Some of the rebels get overconfident because of the cannon and rush out! ...Only to be cut down by the automated MG turrets still activated. Dumbasses.

(Talarion and Noah2223, H=4: 1, 4) The doctor invests several days into drawing up formulas to clear up the symptoms. When he finishes the design he gives it to his robot assistants to synthesize. The results are more than he could have hoped for, increasing his intelligence even further, clearing the previous side-effects, and giving him strength and agility comparable to an Olympic athlete's. All in all a good day. (V-Norrec, H=4: 3) He stops messing with chemicals for now. No need to risk doing something stupid, after all.

Team Success: 44
Team Failure: 34

----------------
2nd 1/2, April

Marmot Gallows now has an IQ in the mid 200s and superior strength and agility. His assets include increased intelligence, a trio of robot minions, an army of rebels, and a base hidden in Death Valley so it's very hard to find and get to. His army is equipped with plasma weapons and high-tech armor that makes them all look the same. Magnetic ray attachments are being produced for his soldiers. His rival-turned-lover, Scarlet Shadow, is a combat expert and has her own army of shinobi to bolster the ranks of the soldiers. The US Army is mobilizing an attack on the base and have managed to kill some of the doctor's soldiers, but have been devastated by an orbital cannon.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 18, 2011, 12:12:55 pm »

GO EVIL, GO!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 18, 2011, 12:19:42 pm »

Also, I added a poll. Just 'cause. It'll be open until this round ends.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 18, 2011, 12:22:59 pm »

Sleeper:  The chemicals he has been using are having an unnoticed effect on his internal organs, including his brain.

Edit:  Dragon ftw
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 12:25:57 pm by V-Norrec »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 18, 2011, 12:28:14 pm »

Doctor Gallows' robot minions gain free will after a drunken rebel messes them up with a magnetic ray and turn against him, opening the base doors for the army!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 18, 2011, 03:57:13 pm »

Sleeper:  The chemicals he has been using are having an unnoticed effect on his internal organs, including his brain.

Counter! Gallows finished the chemical, and it has no side effects!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 18, 2011, 04:27:06 pm »

Holy carp. An IQ in the mid 200s? How many times has he counted to the end of Pi?

Anyways,

>The army, disheartened by their losses flees.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 18, 2011, 04:31:47 pm »

Bonuses to rolls requiring Gallow's intelligence?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 18, 2011, 06:57:59 pm »

Well, he was highly intelligent... then he got it boosted... then he got it super boosted. ^^;

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 18, 2011, 07:03:49 pm »

I'm in the next round, right?
Alright. Also, Bruce Willis as president would be awesome. Because he's Bruce Willis.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 18, 2011, 07:14:37 pm »

Yep. This is the roster for Round 4 at the moment unless someone wants to drop out:

V-Norrec (Success)
Krath (Success)
Taricus (Success)
Powder Miner (Failure)
Grimmjow6th (Failure)
choobakka (Failure)

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 18, 2011, 08:23:44 pm »

Captain America[or a cheap knockoff...] decides to help the army attack the base!
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 18, 2011, 08:55:41 pm »

Well, he was highly intelligent... then he got it boosted... then he got it super boosted. ^^;
Yeah, but if I understand it right, IQ isn't linear. The mean is 100. Around 90% of the world is withing two Standard Deviations of 100. The SD is 15 points. At 250, we're talking psychic manipulation of people's minds.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 77