Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

(Poll pending)

(Generic Choice 1)
(Generic Choice 2)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 77

Author Topic: Roll to Alter Someone's Life Round 5: Reboot  (Read 63846 times)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Alter Someone's Life Turn 1/25
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2011, 09:38:22 am »

Real simple one here: Is there any limit to what we can do, aside from instantly getting us the conditions required to win (Promotion for them, Death for us)
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2011, 09:52:30 am »

You can't do anything that's impossible, or at least has less than 0.01% chance of happening in real life. So while it's theoretically possible to start a nuclear war (that would probably require a 6 though) it's impossible for the sun to suddenly supernova and destroy everything. ^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2011, 09:54:17 am »

I would think instant random death via say, falling toilet from a space station, you would have to set up a malfunctioning space station, and place Bruce in the right spot at that moment, and make sure he doesn't have a reason to move, and THEN get a random roll to win.

Same thing with instant promotion, pretty much.

I'm guessing when you have a certain lead over the other team, you can roll to claim victory over the other team prematurely, but all the pieces have to be in the right place, and there's a chance it would backfire leading to a reversal of score.

At least, if I was running the game, it would do something like this. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2011, 09:54:43 am »

Turn?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2011, 09:58:27 am »

Choobaka logged before he did his turn. Foo, time to wait.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2011, 10:28:28 am »

@Dwarmin: That would work, or you could set things up over a series of turns; sleeper events are a good way of setting things up. As an example, if Team Failure has the house burglarized or something you can buy a gun (and so I don't miss it, you could denote it with italics or underline or just put [sleeper] in front of it). Then the next time Team Failure tries to burglarize the house you can activate the gun and drive the burglar off... or you could hold off on it until Bruce has a moment alone with JK to pull off the perfect murder and pull the gun then. :3

Or maybe Team Failure would do something morbid with that gun... >.>

Er, anyway, Trollan added. I'm now approaching the up-24-hours-straight mark so I'm heading off for some sleep. ^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2011, 10:41:47 am »

@Dwarmin: That would work, or you could set things up over a series of turns; sleeper events are a good way of setting things up. As an example, if Team Failure has the house burglarized or something you can buy a gun (and so I don't miss it, you could denote it with italics or underline or just put [sleeper] in front of it). Then the next time Team Failure tries to burglarize the house you can activate the gun and drive the burglar off... or you could hold off on it until Bruce has a moment alone with JK to pull off the perfect murder and pull the gun then. :3

Roll D6 to decide?

1. Shoot the burglar
2. Shoot your wife
3. Shoot your daughter
4. Shoot yourself
5. Shoot your dog
6. Gun doesnt go off, Burglar rolls D6 to murder family...

Now, what if Bruce gets training in firearms before this happens? What if two or more sleeper events reinforce or contradict each other?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 11:02:08 am by Dwarmin »

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2011, 11:06:50 am »

5. Shoot your dog

But he just arrived on the doorstep...He was so young!
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2011, 03:42:52 pm »

As with any other event, if two sleepers collide then the higher rolls cancels out the lower one. :3

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2011, 04:19:50 pm »

The company doesn't report the problems, and actually has a rise in stock prices!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2011, 04:21:04 pm »

Thank you for letting Consumer protection cause a shitstorm :D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2011, 04:34:13 pm »

INITIATIVE
choobakka: 86
Krath: 55
Dwarmin: 2

Taricus: 53
wolfchild: 93
Talarion: 28

TURN 2/25

(wolfchild: Medium Event=3: 4) Somewhere nearby, a puppy is infected with rabies. (choobaka= Medium Event=3: 3) Due to excellent consumer reviews over the past year, GenCorp's stock has risen sharply! Bruce gets a bonus. (Krath: Hard Event=4: 3) The puppy finds its way to the Halford home and is taken in by Tina. It's too young to cause any damage when the rabies inevitably kills it, but the family will still feel bad about it. (Taricus: Easy Event=2: 1) Tina, despite what shortcomings she may have, is an excellent mother and keeps an eye on her daughter, preventing her sickness from getting any worse. (Talarion: Hard Event=4: 3) The consumers are right about GenCorp's products and no defects are found in their line, for the moment anyway. (Dwarmin: Easy Event=2: 6) With some of the money from his bonus, Bruce takes his daughter to the doctor and gets a prescription that clears up her illness in a week!

TEAM SUCCESS: 10 points
TEAM FAILURE: 8 points

NOTES: Team Failure has sleeper event 'Wife having an affair' in play; it is worth 4+1 points at the moment.

-------------------------------------------------------------

1st half of February- Halford Residence situation

Anna has recovered from her illness, but the poor puppy died. D: Nevertheless, Valentine's day is coming up and Bruce wants to do something nice for his wife. Stock in GenCorp is higher than ever and despite the recent downers he's feeling pretty good about life.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Alter Someone's Life Turn 2/25
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2011, 04:36:48 pm »

Bruce uses his bonus to buy the family a new car!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Alter Someone's Life Turn 2/25
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2011, 04:37:18 pm »

Waitlist me for the happy team.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 77