Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

(Poll pending)

(Generic Choice 1)
(Generic Choice 2)

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 77

Author Topic: Roll to Alter Someone's Life Round 5: Reboot  (Read 63790 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Alter Someone's Life Round 2: Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #330 on: June 06, 2011, 01:14:43 am »

And now the dead dwarves in the fortress are rising and attacking the living dwarves.

Counter: The Dead do rise up, but they spend their time engraving their own memorials on the beating hearts of the opposing forces. Putting themselves to rest even as they destroy the enemy in droves.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 06, 2011, 03:17:11 pm »

INITIATIVE
Quote from: Draignean: After choobakka
(counter choobakka) The Dead do rise up, but they spend their time engraving their own memorials on the beating hearts of the opposing forces. Putting themselves to rest even as they destroy the enemy in droves.
Quote from: Powder Miner: 77
Suddenly something rises from the magma sea! IT's it's SUPERDORF! He was an alien dwarven race that lived in the circus until the clowns came.... as his race was wiped out, he was placed into the magma sea (being immune to heat) And now that he's an adult has pledged to help all dwarfoid-kind from dangers!
Quote from: wolfchild: (After Taricus)
(counter Taricus) The slade demons are attacked by the fortresses tamed dragons
-----------
Quote from: Grimmjow6th: After Powder Miner
(counter Powder) the super dwarf than says fuck it and goes away
Quote from: choobakka: 3
And now the dead dwarves in the fortress are rising and attacking the living dwarves.
Quote from: Taricus: 96
Here comes the flying slade demons!

(Taricus, M=3: 4) Due to our player NOT CHECKING HIS RAWS, now we have demons made of slade flying around. This is why you always check compatibility. ::) (wolfchild, M=3: 1) The dragons our hero dorfs had captured and tamed attack the slade demons. They get torn apart, but slow them down. A little. (Powder Miner, H=4: 4) A figure rises from the magma. Has Super Dorf come to save the Crypt of Drills?

(Grimmjow6th, H=4: 5) Nope. He just came out to tell every to shut up and not make so much noise, then went back to sleep. What a great friggin' help he was. ::) (choobakka, M=3: 6) But apparently his appearance triggered the waves of the undead to get up and start killing their fellow dwarves! (Draignean, M=3: 4) Or attack indiscriminately, which is actually a help since the thirty or so remaining dwarves locked themselves into the meeting hall with all the booze and food and are throwing an 'end of the world' party and the only things near the dead are demons, goblins, and elves. Kel's out there too but he's nowhere near the dead. He's taking a breather for the moment to collect axes while everything's preoccupied with everything else.

Notes: It's pandemonium.

TEAM SUCCESS: 80 points
TEAM FAILURE: 79 points

-------------------------------------------------------------

2nd 1/2 of June

Kel's getting ammo, Super Dorf went back to sleep, a GCS and slade demons and trolls and goblins and elves are running wild. What the hell is even going on here any more? More importantly, how are we still getting 60 FPS at this point?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 06, 2011, 03:18:16 pm »

RAMPAGE! Goblins finish off the rest of the fortress.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 06, 2011, 04:56:57 pm »

The goblin rampge and or undead apocalypse causes Super DOrf to ge tpissed, and obliterate both goblins and undead. And the demons while he's at it.
Super dwarf yells at them to quiet down again, then goes back to sleep.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 06:40:36 pm by Grimmjow6th »
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 06, 2011, 06:25:04 pm »

The goblin rampge and or undead apocalypse causes Super DOrf to ge tpissed, and obliterate both goblins and undead. And the demons while he's at it.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 06, 2011, 07:06:39 pm »

somehow, two cats are out of the cages. A male and a female. Catasplosion ensues, the framerate is busted, and the player gets angry.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 06, 2011, 07:54:19 pm »

waaitlist me as Team Sucess
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 06, 2011, 07:55:28 pm »

Waitlist added. :D
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 06, 2011, 08:09:43 pm »

Kel enters a superior martial trance, which massivly speeds up his reaction time and allows him to notice hiterto unknown weak points, including in the slade creatures
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 08, 2011, 02:30:24 am »

I believe Draignean's going to be gone until sometime next week, so I guess I'll take over for him until then. I'd offer the slot to someone on the waiting list but as it stands it looks like this round is winding down soon and I don't want to give someone like only three turns in the game. Anyway, turn coming now. ^^

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 08, 2011, 02:45:31 am »

Quote from: {Draignean} Serious Concentrate: 14
Kel pulls the 'FTW' lever!
Quote from: Powder Miner: 52
Quote from: wolfchild: 42
Kel enters a superior martial trance, which massivly speeds up his reaction time and allows him to notice hiterto unknown weak points, including in the slade creatures
-----------
Quote from: Grimmjow6th: (After Powder Miner)
(counter Powder Miner) Super dwarf yells at them to quiet down again, then goes back to sleep.
Quote from: choobakka: 30
somehow, two cats are out of the cages. A male and a female. Catasplosion ensues, the framerate is busted, and the player gets angry.
Quote from: Taricus: 85
RAMPAGE! Goblins finish off the rest of the fortress.

(Taricus, H=4: 6) Goblins break into the party room and kill all the dwarves! The only one left is Kel. A smart player would abandon at this point but unfortunately our player is stubborn. (Powder Miner, H=4: 1) Super Dorf doesn't believe in lost causes. :( (Grimmjow6th, Negligible=1: 1) In fact he just gets pissed and starts yelling about how things were a lot quieter before this guys drilled down into the magma sea, and he leaves!

(wolfchild, H=4: 5) Kel isn't going to go down like a wuss, like the rest of his people did. "In the name of Cacame Awemedinade, the Immortal Onslaught!" he roars, charging the demons like a baus. With extreme power he drills through the demons and clears out hell! ...But that still leaves the gobbos, elves, GCS, and trolls. Crap. (choobakka, D=5: 6) During the time the demons were roaming free, they destroyed all of the cages, unnoticed by the player. What he does notice is his FPS beginning to drop. Oh, dear. CATSPLOSION. The player abandons, writes up the tale of Kel Rakustlotol on Bay12's Fortress Mode forum, and goes looking for a mod that prevents cats from breeding.

Notes: Failure wins. I think that was inevitable given the setting but I'm impressed that Team Success held the lead for so long. ^^ Good job, guys.

TEAM SUCCESS: 84 points
TEAM FAILURE: 88 points

-------------------------------------------------------------

Third round beginning as soon as I write it up. ^^

Also, idea for the fourth round: Preschool Janitor Assassin. That's right. A toddler who is an assassin. :P Well, it's an idea anyway. Might as well get voting for the fourth round scenario started...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Alter Someone's Life Round 3: Mad !!SCIENCE!!
« Reply #341 on: June 08, 2011, 02:56:45 am »

For this Round:

This is Dr. Marmot Gallows. Ridiculed throughout his life for his first name, he has sworn to make the world RUE THE VERY DAY THEY EVER HEARD THE NAME DR. GALLOWS!!! In his secret lab underneath Death Valley, Dr. Gallows works tirelessly on all manner of EEEEVIL. From genetic mutation serums to robot minions to freeze/shrink/heat/etc rays to allying with aliens to just simply hiring an army of minions, the doctor has the intelligence, the resources, and the willingness to do whatever it takes to conquer Earth.

Team Success
Talarion
Noah22223
mcclay

Team Failure
Digital Hellhound
Theodolus
wolfchild

1st 1/2 of January

Dr. Gallows has finally awoken. During his last confrontation with the US Army, he had taken many bullets and was presumed dead. His robot minions stole his body from the morgue and whisked him back to his base, where they performed emergency operations to repair his damaged tissues and bring him back to life. It took an entire year, and since then martial law has been declared in the US due to odd corporate practices, mostly blamed on GenCorp. After he spends some time adjusting to living once more and catching up on world events, it will be time to plot and scheme once more...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 03:29:18 am by SeriousConcentrate »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 08, 2011, 03:03:24 am »

He just can't seem to get into the scheming mood
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 08, 2011, 03:09:45 am »

(counter) He is actually in a great scheming mood! All of the ideas queued up from his coma come flooding in! The first: Abduct people to experimentate with cybernetics. if he can get a Cybernetic body, or later Robotic, and upload his personality and memories to a computer, then he will live FOREVER!!!
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 08, 2011, 03:25:57 am »

This is probably one of the coolest things I've seen.  Waitlist me for success team.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 77