Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

(Poll pending)

(Generic Choice 1)
(Generic Choice 2)

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 77

Author Topic: Roll to Alter Someone's Life Round 5: Reboot  (Read 63807 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Alter Someone's Life Round 2, Starting Now!
« Reply #241 on: May 22, 2011, 10:46:03 pm »

Unfortunately, goblins cannot jam blunt weapon traps.
Then the dwarves bring out their champion lashers! (With MOAR acacia whips!)

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 23, 2011, 12:32:32 am »

The goblins find a way inside!
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 24, 2011, 01:41:14 am »

(Counter roll) Through an emergency vent into the obsidian generator! A switch is pulled and lava engulfs the unlucky forward party.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 24, 2011, 05:08:57 am »

INITIATIVE
Quote from: Draignean: 25
(Counter roll->Grimmjow6th) Through an emergency vent into the obsidian generator! A switch is pulled and lava engulfs the unlucky forward party.
Quote from: Powder Miner: 85
Unfortunately, goblins cannot jam blunt weapon traps.
Then the dwarves bring out their champion lashers! (With MOAR acacia whips!)
Quote from: wolfchild: [s
N[/s]64]All of the Fight's War-Dog Bitches give birth on the front lines
-----------
Quote from: Grimmjow6th: 37
Quote from: choobakka: 16
The goblins get past the traps and into the main fort!
Quote from: Taricus: 92
The traps are jammed by crafty goblin engineers

TURN 2/25

(Taricus, H=4: 6) The goblins decide to jam the traps the only way they know how: by sending elf captives forward until their bodies clog the mechanisms. (Powder Miner, H=4: 2) The dwarves decide to step back and let the elves die; unfortunately, while this is good in the short term by killing elves, it's bad in the long term because now they'll have to clear/repair the traps if they survive the seige. (wolfchild, M=3: 3) "Send the bitches out!" The dwarves yell, sending pregnant dogs out into battle. Well, they're dwarves, I mean obviously. The dogs give birth in mid-bite on elves and the little puppies somehow mature enough instantly to bring down some elves themselves. :D

(Grimmjow6th, E=2: 6) The goblins march over the bodies of the elves, past the ones being mangled by war dogs. A siege is actually working for once! Good thing this is a first-year attack, if the dwarves had had time to REALLY plan they never would've made it to the front gate. (Draignean, H=4: 5) Unfortunately, the dwarves did have SOME forethought. As the goblins are about to breach the inner doors, the bridge they happen to be standing on suddenly opens, flinging them into the ceiling! They fall into the burning pits below! They're going to have to find another way inside. :-\ (choobakka, M=3: 2) The goblins stand around and pick their noses idly. Perhaps its time for their demon law-giver to... 8) ...lay down the law.

Notes: Kel has a masterwork steel crossbow and matching bolts. A Kobold is looking for good stuff to snatch (4+1 sleeper for Team Failure, can't believe I forgot that notation last turn since it was, y'know, my action and all :-\).

TEAM SUCCESS: 12 points
TEAM FAILURE: 7 points

-------------------------------------------------------------

1st 1/2 of Feb

Seige is still ongoing. Chance of a mood is high. ^^ The GM doesn't hate elves! Really! >.>
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Alter Someone's Life Round 2, Now on Turn 3 >.>
« Reply #245 on: May 24, 2011, 05:16:42 am »

Our protagonist takes great delight in shooting gobbos with his crossbow, then has a remarkable idea for a crossbow that shoots axes
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 08:40:38 pm by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 24, 2011, 06:05:14 am »

The goblins bring in a engineering unit to get to the doors, using catapults and bridges.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 24, 2011, 07:20:49 am »

The goblins learn how to mine because of Toady's new update! They mine into the fort!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 24, 2011, 07:27:17 am »

Mining goblins? OSHI-
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 24, 2011, 07:37:54 pm »

The goblins that fell into the pit land on a rocky outcropping, and thus begin to dig a tunnel into the fortress.
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 24, 2011, 08:14:59 pm »

The dwarves send in their champion acacia whip lashers in full steel armor! Oh yeah, time for some butt-kickage!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 24, 2011, 08:24:39 pm »

The kobold snatches a silver flask filled with alcohol from the stockpiles, it runs for the exit, only to get magma splashed on it by dying goblins! Panicking it throws the !!Silver Flask!! out of a luckily positioned window, it lands in the middle of a goblin party and explodes.

(Yeah, I'm going to be going for high difficulty events constantly.)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 24, 2011, 09:46:26 pm »

INITIATIVE
Quote from: Draignean: 36
The kobold snatches a silver flask filled with alcohol from the stockpiles, it runs for the exit, only to get magma splashed on it by dying goblins! Panicking it throws the !!Silver Flask!! out of a luckily positioned window, it lands in the middle of a goblin party and explodes.
Quote from: Powder Miner: 11
The dwarves send in their champion acacia whip lashers in full steel armor! Oh yeah, time for some butt-kickage!
Quote from: wolfchild: 53
Our protagonist takes great delight in shooting gobbos with his crossbow, then has a remarkable idea for a crossbow that shoots axes
-----------
Quote from: Grimmjow6th: 18
The goblins that fell into the pit land on a rocky outcropping, and thus begin to dig a tunnel into the fortress.
Quote from: choobakka: 79
The goblins learn how to mine because of Toady's new update! They mine into the fort!
Quote from: Taricus: 77
The goblins bring in a engineering unit to get to the doors, using catapults and bridges.

TURN 3/25

(choobakka, M=3: 4) Turns out there aren't any bugs in this release, and mining is working perfectly! The little green gobbos start tunneling into the fortress from the sides... (Taricus, M=3: 6) ..and while they're doing that the law-giver is ordering siege equipment forward to break open the doors! This plan succeeds roundly. (wolfchild, M=3: 4) Kel, being in the military, is one of the first dwarves in the halls being breached, and he's ready with his shiny new weapon. The hail of steel bolts gives him a happy thought and kills several of the gobbos coming in through the gates.

(Draignean, D=5: 2) The kobold says "shlkringus!" (Translation: Hell no!) It's stolen from dwarves before... it knows better than to touch anything containing their alcohol! (Grimmjow6th, M=3: 6) The goblins that died up above drop some mining tools into the holes, and the surviving goblins begin to mine their way in from the bottom... (Powder Miner, H=4: 5) ...and it's a good thing for the goblins that they're mining in elsewhere because the Champions have been mobilized! Armed with acacia whips and steel armor, they push the goblins back and route the ones in the front entrance completely.

Notes: Kel has a masterwork steel crossbow and matching bolts. A Kobold is looking for good stuff to snatch (4+2 sleeper for Team Failure)

TEAM SUCCESS: 19 points
TEAM FAILURE: 16 points

-------------------------------------------------------------

2nd 1/2 of Feb

Seige is still ongoing. Mood imminent.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Alter Someone's Life Round 2, Turn 4
« Reply #253 on: May 24, 2011, 09:51:31 pm »

Gobbos realize that the whips are wood, and thus send in their champion lashers with IRON whips.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Alter Someone's Life Round 2, Turn 4
« Reply #254 on: May 24, 2011, 09:52:46 pm »

The miners mine out the support that was holding most of the fortress up. Sending it crashing down. Into the caverns.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 77