Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 627 628 [629] 630 631 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1330252 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #9420 on: May 31, 2019, 11:09:33 am »

In Arkham Horror LCG, we just finished the second scenario of 8 in Forgotten Age (blind).

We've got a librarian who's there to collect clues, the expedition leader to kill stuff, a mage (Akachi) to do a bit of both, and my smooth brain asked "which is the guy with only 1 will (defense against bad things that happen)? That's the guy I'm playing." So I'm Finn the smuggler. Skills (stats in other games) go from 1-5 (and it's rare to have either), so saving that extra point means Finn is at a 4 in both agility (distract opponents so they don't attack) and gathering clues. He's also a rogue, which in Arkham Horror LCG means he can get extra actions (3 is the rule, I've had 7 in one turn already as well as the occasional "succeed, no action, no test") and money easily at the expense of being somewhat of a generalist. My goal is to dodge well enough that the leader doesn't have a purpose (somewhat successful), and occasionally gain clues.

Forgotten Age's gimmick is making agility more useful (mostly it's ignored in other campaigns) and also being generally less forgiving. The expedition leader, who came with this pack (so did Finn) has a 1 in agility, and has fared more poorly than my joke character. Also, it's a win, because I had to take over finding clues for the dedicated clue gatherer, because I'm better (twice a turn) at gaining clues. We were both at "pass on anything but auto-fail" levels (75% chance for my 2 extra turns), but I was one higher because the librarian was broke and also had bad luck.

TL;DR: Iduno does stupid things he thinks is funny, and it (occasionally) works better than people who take the game completely seriously.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9421 on: June 01, 2019, 02:58:30 am »

I've completed the entire skyscale egg incubation process in one sitting...  People trying to get this damn mount know how hard that is.

Guild Wars 2
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9422 on: June 02, 2019, 11:42:39 am »

Adventure mode fight vs Young Link to acquire the spirit Kaebora Gaebora. It was over in less than a minute, and I took exactly 1% damage.

I couldn't resist, "Would you like me to repeat that?"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #9423 on: June 05, 2019, 11:24:14 am »

Fail. Bought mask of the void as Malzahar (Thematics! +MP! Not looking at description carefully!), then looked at my team and noticed that i'm the only mage there. *headdesk*
Own. They destroyed 2 towers on each line, we destroyed none. But then we made a crazy comeback against them in general and overfed (but very squishy, hue hue hue) Draven. Also, at some point someone screamed at me for having 2 2 8 score and adamantly refused to explain what's wrong with it (it's not my fault the game doesn't give me any frags. And just look at that 0 5 something Reikan!). By the end of the match it was 2 3 22 (It's really not my fault the game doesn't give me any frags!  :P)
League of legends, once again.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9424 on: June 09, 2019, 07:02:28 pm »

A random Granite Elemental wandering away from any visible granite biome(I haven't explored much on this world) dropped a Night Vision helmet. According to the wiki, that's a 3.3% chance, though it can also be bought only after doing everything but the final boss chain; from Cyborg after a Martian invasion, itself only available after Golem, the last boss before the final boss event chain. I started this character/world about two hours ago.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9425 on: June 10, 2019, 07:46:25 pm »

Bought a van. Broke into a house. Stole some stuff.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9426 on: June 11, 2019, 08:41:00 pm »

The fight to unlock Princess Daisy for Adventure Mode. I send her flying off the screen with a beam sword. She starts recovering and coming back towards the stage. I toss the beam sword away and plan to finish her with a normal smash attack. Instead, the beam sword sails in a gentle arc through the air, and strikes Daisy just as she enters the screen and KOs her. Seemed like a pretty sweet shot. ...That is, up until the camera zoomed in and I saw exactly where the beam sword hit her. ...right between the legs (._.‖). At least it was the handle and not the beam blade that hit her.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #9427 on: June 12, 2019, 04:03:37 am »

Bought a van. Broke into a house. Stole some stuff.

Well wasn't I relieved to discover this wasn't the Happy Thread.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9428 on: June 12, 2019, 07:59:54 pm »

Made like 18 million in one mining run, in like, an hour.

Elite Dangerous.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9429 on: June 12, 2019, 08:14:14 pm »

clone op

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9430 on: June 12, 2019, 09:45:24 pm »

made a custom merc, Poorboy. he has a sallet (medium helm), chainmail tabard (medium chest) and hunter's hosen (light legs) and a longsword with the perks bloodthirsty (gets full health on kill) and friendly (half team damage), he's my main fighter.

i got a lucky chambering (a type of counter where you swing into an opponents swing to deflect their attack and compete yours) on an opponent with no armor and killed him, then swung around and hit another opponent who i dueled for a minute before getting a good thrust on him, killing him. it was around this time a guy with javelins ran at me and tossed one which i deflected and dueled with him. he almost had me until he tried a jumping slash and i took a leg off. i was immediately killed by a teammate who chucked a firebomb

even with that, still felt kinda like a badass

Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9431 on: June 15, 2019, 05:33:21 pm »

Put down a (first-tier) Old One's Army, after several attempts at getting to the 5th wave and just being completely overrun. Buying a Ballista Rod first was probably a bad idea, but I saved up enough to buy a Lightning Aura Rod. Putting one of those right on the portal cripples them right out of the gate. By the 5th wave, I had enough lightning fields to dead-stop all the ground mobs on both sides, and a few ballistae to deal with the flying enemies.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #9432 on: June 15, 2019, 07:59:13 pm »

Made it to Canada.

Started off with two people - one named "Nanc", an annoying fighter who got herself killed early after telling some bandits to "Cool it", the other being a bandit martial artist named "Mat".

Mat wound up proving a surprisingly good fighter in spite of his horribly low fitness (It was so low the red angry face wasn't just red, it was flashing), and in spite of his transformation into a fly, he managed to remain an excellent melee combatant.

The Cold Steel salesman showed up in a trader camp early on, showing off his greatsword. I asked for a demo, and he joined the party for a time. After the demo ended (during which the salesman managed to bring down at least a few hundred zombies with the greatsword), I decided to purchase it from him. This greatsword proved to be an excellent purchase in spite of Mat's still-fairly-low strength and damage.

Then Tiruin and Franciscsa - a custom character and a dog, respectively, joined the team - the former appearing on the road, the latter being rescued from an apartment building. Tiruin was a Calm Under Fire Dog Lover, which meant all the firearms went to her (Either being a martial artist or a fly person meant Mat couldn't use weapons). While I'm not entirely certain what Franciscsa's contributions were (Admittedly, her fluff did help Tiruin get herself to sneeze), survived the journey to Canada.

With these three friends (And the aid of another person who was hired at the last possible opportunity on account of her shooting skills), the team reached Canada.

EDIT: If you intend to ask, yes, Tiruin the custom character is based off of Tiruin the Bay12 user.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9433 on: June 15, 2019, 09:20:55 pm »

At a guess it was the Martial Artist trait, as that prevents characters from being able to shoot. I don't think the fly mutation does anything to mess with base capabilities other than boosting stats somewhat.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9434 on: June 19, 2019, 04:50:46 pm »

Got blasted off the top of the stage by a stage hazard. It caused me to smack the screen. However, the same stage hazard hit my opponent, knocking them off the side of stage. Since the screen smack effect takes longer to actually KO a character than an instant side-off KO, I won. The Fourth Wall does protect me.

Pages: 1 ... 627 628 [629] 630 631 ... 711