Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 625 626 [627] 628 629 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1330312 times)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #9390 on: May 15, 2019, 12:49:03 pm »

It's all done, even the Overseer.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9391 on: May 15, 2019, 01:23:29 pm »

Kefka threw me into an abyss :(

Hotfire90

« Reply #9392 on: May 15, 2019, 04:03:54 pm »

Completed the last two bonus objectives of the two Directors and Snatcher EX bosses.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9393 on: May 15, 2019, 05:47:14 pm »

Acquired the game's most hilariously broken abilities through Chocobo sex.

Not with them. But I did watch them mate for a few hours.

Even before I was done, pretty much all of my birds could simply run a full speed from start to finish - the only difficulty(besides occasionally Joe) was waiting for the second-place Chocobo to actually finish, because you cannot exit the race until then. I named the Gold Chocobo "Ultima" after the spell I'm going to pair with Quadra Magic(then subsequently Mimic).

Also, Joe is a goddamned cheater whose Black Chocobo, Teioh, always has higher stats than you, and the bastard likes to troll B-rank races.

After I was done, I did the Wutai Pagoda. After getting Trine on the last two E.Skill Materia(this is the only time it's possible for these two), it took only two turns to bring Godo down: Comet2, then Mimic->Comet2.

It's all done, even the Overseer.

According to the wiki, it also happens automatically if you have either the "Berserker" or "Childkiller" titles. Apparently, Berserker is bugged and doesn't show up in your title list.

Then again, if I remember correctly that's canon anyway.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #9394 on: May 16, 2019, 10:46:28 am »

According to the wiki, it also happens automatically if you have either the "Berserker" or "Childkiller" titles. Apparently, Berserker is bugged and doesn't show up in your title list.

Then again, if I remember correctly that's canon anyway.

Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9395 on: May 16, 2019, 03:14:16 pm »

My Main Character's Raven took an AC20 to the head.  Fortunately after the mechanics finished hosing out the cockpit they found her in the drain trap. (because the MC is immortal)

Maybe instead of only using mechs that look cool I should start using some with some armor.

Modded Battletech
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9396 on: May 16, 2019, 03:23:27 pm »

Are we sure that's an own?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9397 on: May 16, 2019, 03:28:48 pm »

...Totally wrong thread.  But I'm calling it an own because clearly my ship's drain traps are the Lazarus machine.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9398 on: May 17, 2019, 08:48:52 am »

Defeated Nod by selling their buildings.

I use an APC to explore, because it is tougher than the Hum-vees and find out, that it can drive straight into the Nod base before being destroyed.

I load the next APC with 2 engineers, capture Nod refinery. They destroy it and build a new one.
Another APC with 2 engineers. This time Nod refinery and Airstrip are captured. I order myself a light tank through the Airstrip, Nod destroy the Airstrip, the Refinery and the tank, they build new ones. At this point, they have 3 harvesters.

So I wise up to their rebuilding, send another APC, this time with 3 engineers. I capture their Construction Yard and 2 Tiberium Silos, then sell the silos, build myself a Refinery and then sell the construction yard. Next APC expedition captures their Refinery and remaining silos, selling it all.

Now, the Nod have no money and can only get more by selling their stuff. I hunt down their units, then send my grenadiers to destroy Nod guard towers.
But the Nod, rather than letting the towers be destroyed sell them and train rocketeers for the money. They also buy a light tank. This did not help them much though. I destroy their hand, then have engineers take their airstrip and powerplants, while grenadiers destroy other buildings and hum-vees destroy the harvesters.

The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9399 on: May 17, 2019, 11:54:30 am »

That's a pretty clever strategy that I never really tried to employ in the first game, but occasionally tried in later games.  In Red Alert 2 the AI players even try it on you sometimes as an early game rush in multiplayer.

Something to keep in mind about this strategy for later missions though: if the enemy has multiple construction yards, make sure you steal or destroy all of them in quick succession.  They can build new construction yards without MCVs if they have a construction yard at all.  I learned that the hard way in the last GDI mission.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9400 on: May 17, 2019, 02:39:07 pm »

I also remember RA2 AI usually walling in their MCV fairly quickly to protect against such a strategy. I also remember copying it fairly quickly after getting engi rushed a couple of times XD
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9401 on: May 17, 2019, 05:05:31 pm »

Finished Star Wars: Republic Commando on hard. The bridge section was pretty hellish, as was the Dwarf Spider Droid gauntlet at the very end.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9402 on: May 18, 2019, 01:38:34 am »

Nice!  No man left behind :)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9403 on: May 19, 2019, 05:57:19 am »

Had a pretty decent session last night. TR started with a minor population deficiency and maybe 20% of the continent. I logged in with about an hour(my alert timer has been broken for years through multiple reinstalls, so that's not 100% accurate) left on the VS-initiated alert.

Finally got my graphics settings to the point where everything doesn't look like complete ass yet still runs smoothly. They also seem to have fix the severe server lag on Emerald. Spent about half the alert on a single life in a Mosquito, raining death in support of capturing multiple VS bases. This was on Hossin, which is generally a bad continent for air-play. Finally died to some asshole NC pilot who pops up out of nowhere far from the TR-NC front and kills me in about a second.

A continued ground push extended TR control to over 50% of the map. The VS finally rallied and launched an attack on Cairn Station. It was too little too late. Despite typical VS tactics, they couldn't even retake this one base before we win the alert and some asshole friendly medic shoots me in the head.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9404 on: May 19, 2019, 08:38:33 am »

Finally managed to beat the bloody Hydra, tho sadly I didn't make it trough to the elysium boss afterwards. Still, the build was pretty goddamn strong, having upgraded my rail so it's a single shot sniper of sorts and grabbing some boons from Artemis, Athena, Ares and Aphrodite (funny how their names all start with an a :V). Artemis gave me crits and a bunch of ammo for my cast, which, thanks to Ares was a blade vortex that pulled enemies in while doing damage and wandering around the arena. Aphrodite made my primary reduce enemy damage, which came in pretty handy while Athena was probably the biggest of them all, giving me reflection on dashes as well as making my giant ass AoE special attack deal more damage and reflect any attacks caught in the blast at the time.

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 625 626 [627] 628 629 ... 711