Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 549 550 [551] 552 553 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1331426 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8250 on: December 19, 2017, 08:40:34 pm »

=Warning: Stupid idea ahead.=

Took Roman out for a night of drinking. Barely stumbled back to the car. Actually finding the car in this state was an own on its own. Ignored the game's suggestion that I call a cab, as I didn't want to lose the car. It was a nice sports car, used/given as a reward for a previous mission. It was a fast sports car. Fast and drunk don't really mix well. Plowed through traffic, nearly flipped a few times, had the cops on me even before making it to the bridge toll booth. Gunned it through the booth(it was pointless to pay at this point), managed to shake the cops shortly after entering Bohan. Got Roman back to his place as I was sobering up, and got the sports car into the save spot. Pretty sure I didn't run over anyone on the way, but it was hard to tell.

=Disclaimer: Don't drink and drive. It will never end as well as this.=

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #8251 on: December 22, 2017, 05:03:44 pm »

I was totally unprepared for the goblin invasion. Despite my woefully unprepared fort, and army, I forced them to flee. I did so by having put a stolen great axe artifact in a trap, and having my military kill anyone who got through. Finally, I was able to send my guy against the fleeing enemy, and he killed one of them before he could get away. However, while fighting the last one, they both fell unconscious, and I was afraid the goblin would wake first. But no, he bled to death, and then my guy woke up.
No deaths on my side, though the goblins did injure one of my guys.

Dwarf Fortress.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8252 on: December 23, 2017, 05:16:01 pm »

Found a story-related spot that enables you to build machine gun turret rooms, and gives you enough equipment to build one right away(I was already working on guns anyway). At the same time, I saw that two of my mice went to bed at the same time, either they both simply got tired at the same time or both were sexing it up. The speech bubbles weren't... exactly clear on the matter. It had been several days since I built the extra crew quarters(new mice can be born if there's open beds), yet nothing regarding new crew had happened.

Shortly after the event spot that gives you guns, another event spot of a bug attack happens(obviously, to show you why you need guns). Unfortunately, the entire crew was busy; one mouse was driving, another was busy in the workshop, and the other two were asleep/screwing, so the bug gets a few free hits in.

Then I see a mouse cheering about how they were just born dash to the machine gun room, take control of the gun turret, and shred the bug in half. Must have been having sex after all.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #8253 on: December 25, 2017, 08:02:52 am »

Kaiser was excommunicated, making him an easy target for invasion. After asking the Pope for Invasion casus belli, I stomped HRE like a bug and become the new Kaiser. I wanted to destroy the HRE title, but I was unable to do so momentally, because I was at war with some Muslim adventurer and a peasant scum revolt, and the HRE also had Gavelkind succession law. After dealing with the Muslim adventurer and the peasant scum, I changed the succession law to "elective" and then immediately destroyed the title of HRE. Then I proceeded to release every vassal who was in HRE, turning the Europe into bordergore fest. But at least I'm the only Catholic empire in the world right now.

Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8254 on: December 26, 2017, 10:28:35 pm »

Managed to invade a doom village with the following force:

Ranger x 10
Soldier x 7
Veteran Soldier x 7
Sniper x 2

Two days later I took out the last building.  Turns out it was a very small doom village, although I didn't know that and I would have attacked either way.

The own?  This was on day 22.  I don't know about you guys, but that's a MUCH stronger army than I usually have at that point.  Wasn't everything I had either, was also defending my whole perimeter.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8255 on: December 26, 2017, 11:16:26 pm »

got a gift card for steam and bought they are billions

the followers of jimbo faction has wiped out the persian league and maintains its friendship with the hegemony. long live the followers. next is that annoying blue company tri-something.

Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8256 on: December 27, 2017, 04:47:10 am »

The map spawned with an insect nest in a nearby cave.  I harvested the jelly for a little bit but the micromanagyness of it ended up feeling like too much trouble so I was thinking of how to get rid of it.  Then an opportunity showed itself.  Involving an entrance to the hive caves I had not fully walled off yet and a certain very dangerous carnivore that was also very likely to cause issues in the future.   

After a little bit of waiting and a timed walling off of an entrance both problems solved themselves.

Spoiler: image (click to show/hide)

Why solve with bullets what can be solved with 2 tiles of quickly built steel wall?

Rimworld
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8257 on: December 27, 2017, 04:30:11 pm »

Oh man, I had a map spawn with a bug hive not long ago... never got around to walling it off and just avoided the surrounding area. That seemed to work without any trouble for a while, but eventually an entire freaking outlander caravan marched haplessly in there.

I didn't actually realise until a couple of bugs were spotted coming towards my colony - my rather meagre defence force was able to kite and kill them, mostly thanks to the run and gun mod I had just installed. >.> Only then did I look northwards to see just what had stirred them up, and discovered that they were the only survivors of the hive, and that the remains of the caravan was scattered about in there amidst the bullet-riddled, scorched corpses of countless bugs in what was probably the goriest sight I've seen in the game hands-down. 

It was pretty awesome, in other words. Needless to say, much loot was had! :)) Can't remember if that was in this version or the last one, but I kinda miss that colony now. Your solution was kind of more tactically impressive, though. I just sat there and waited for the problem to fix itself, haha.
Might have to try whichever mod added that T-Rex at some point.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8258 on: December 27, 2017, 04:59:30 pm »

Successfully moved shop a final time to an oasis in CONAN EXILES.

Said oasis is chock-full of Grey Rhinos, Black Rhinos, Turtle Monsters, and Murderous Emus. We have secured a plot of land and are now able to sustain hardened steel tool use. Soon we will have Acheronian Weaponry.

Also, I can fight frost giants in melee, so I feel like I am basically Conan now.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8259 on: December 27, 2017, 06:37:00 pm »

Messing around in the dungeon runs on Hearthstone.  Playing druid, get the boots of haste as a treasure.  One mana card that makes all minions that turn cost no mana.

So first turn I draw the boots and two random critters.  Played the boots then the two minions.  One minion is a forager from that dinosaur set, which when played adds a random 5 mana or higher minion.  Forager generates one of the 10 mana elder gods, which is now 0 mana because the boots are still in effect, so I play him too.  So first turn I have like 8 or 10 damage on the board.

Game lasted like 4 turns.  Was silly.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8260 on: December 27, 2017, 10:20:37 pm »

So if you got that you could just play an entire hand of monsters regardless of cost?  Cause I feel like there has to be someone going around with a cheese deck based around that hoping they get lucky.

Disclaimer: I've forgotten Hearthstone's rules, so that was actually a question
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8261 on: December 27, 2017, 11:25:05 pm »

Made the child of satan, inherited the kingdom of germany as them, killed El Pope and overran the papacy for a bit, learned I was a werewolf, and took the leading role of Lucifer's Own.

Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8262 on: December 27, 2017, 11:47:21 pm »

So if you got that you could just play an entire hand of monsters regardless of cost?  Cause I feel like there has to be someone going around with a cheese deck based around that hoping they get lucky.

Disclaimer: I've forgotten Hearthstone's rules, so that was actually a question

On the one hand that's true. On the other hand the card in question is limited to a single-player only game mode which is basically the roguelike version of a card game. You start with preset decks and then pick one of three randomized loot/cards/collections/whatever to add to it after each match. So making a cheese deck built around it is heavily luck dependent but highly encouraged both in game and out. Other loot can make your minion cost less, make them untargetable, etc, etc, so this is hardly an exceptional card.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8263 on: December 28, 2017, 07:54:19 pm »

Tracked the arms manufacturer from the oil fields and deserts of South... Dakota all the way to the roof of his hotel penthouse, and shot the smug asshole in the face.

That was after making his right-hand woman eat frog sushi and jump off a building. That was funny. Especially how her guards should have heard her cheering about catching ladybugs just like they should have been keeping a very close eye on her(they knew you're there, and know she's a likely target since she volunteered to fight you).

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8264 on: December 28, 2017, 08:02:23 pm »

Got myself all the parts needed for a Braton prime, making it my very first prime gear that I get to craft (I have Twitch's free Frost Prime and weapons, but I did mention craft).

EDIT: Forgot to mention, but it is Warframe.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 08:07:51 am by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 549 550 [551] 552 553 ... 711