Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 528 529 [530] 531 532 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1331342 times)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7935 on: August 25, 2017, 04:56:16 am »

*Kneels before Cacame*
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7936 on: August 25, 2017, 02:24:59 pm »

Goddammit Toady, what are you doing? Next you'll make it so that dwarves and elves can fall in love with each other and have children.
It's funny because that's literally a planned feature. In Threetoe's stories, at least, but probably in the dev notes too.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7937 on: August 25, 2017, 02:38:17 pm »

Finished the Argwyllon campaign on VH/VH. So that's another race down. Only ones remaining are Bretonnia and Norsca, but I don't own Norsca.

Total War: Warhammer.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7938 on: August 25, 2017, 05:45:11 pm »

Just assassinated the pope, new pope's my son.

CK2.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7939 on: August 25, 2017, 06:47:01 pm »

Just assassinated the pope, new pope's my son.

CK2.

I've never played Crusader Kings 2, but I have feeling that will soon be followed by "was excommunicated by my son the pope".
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7940 on: August 25, 2017, 07:07:57 pm »

In Medieval Total War 2 I was excommunicated for defending myself against the French. They attacked English soil relentlessly causing massive casualties, and the very first time I left my own borders and took one of their settlements, the Pope flipped the fuck out.

In response, THOMAS THE KILLER, my most skilled assassin, was present but not involved in any way with the assassination of 37 consecutive Popes.

Pope v.38.0 was English.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7941 on: August 25, 2017, 07:36:19 pm »

That happens basically every time I play Medieval. No matter how many priests I recruit, no matter how many churches I build, no matter what I do with my bishops, my primary enemy always gains control of the Vatican and uses the Pope's position to make my life a living hell. It quickly becomes unfun.

Which sucks, because I love the rest of Medieval II. Just not the Pope dickery.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7942 on: August 25, 2017, 08:29:52 pm »

One of my favorite kings I molded in Medieval II was a guy who had the max level of cuckold trait, basically saying that the men who slept with his wife pissed on his shoes.

He also had the highest dread level, was known as the Prince of Darkness, and murdered all the enemies he captured in battle.

Methinks he was projecting his marital woes elsewhere.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #7943 on: August 25, 2017, 08:37:11 pm »

Really? I never really had any problems with the Pope in the playthrough I've done. Never even had to assassinate encourage the retirement one!
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7944 on: August 25, 2017, 08:49:08 pm »

Darth Vader was in fact my King at the time of THOMAS THE KILLER's extended personal vacation in Italy.

His wife was dead, he had finely crafted armor and weapons, was maxed scarred, maxed out on dread, and "hated rebel scum".
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7945 on: August 25, 2017, 11:21:28 pm »

That happens basically every time I play Medieval. No matter how many priests I recruit, no matter how many churches I build, no matter what I do with my bishops, my primary enemy always gains control of the Vatican and uses the Pope's position to make my life a living hell. It quickly becomes unfun.

Which sucks, because I love the rest of Medieval II. Just not the Pope dickery.
You should try the Kingdoms expansion.  Its like the base game but with 4 smaller games worth of content.  You have a 4 way battle for the UK, a Teutonic Knights themed map, the Spanish colonization of Central America (which I assume is grossly ahistorical, don't think a Total War game would represent that well, but it also feels very new for the series), and one of the Crusades.  There's also a fan made LoTR mod, not sure how complete that ended up being tho.  When I tried it years ago they had units down but heroes were incomplete and cities/locations were basically vanilla.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7946 on: August 26, 2017, 08:59:48 am »

They have custom maps for lore important settlements, although they can be a bit buggy. Development on the Third Age main mod hasn't happened since 2012, but there's a bunch of submods for it that get updated regularly. Probably about half of my playtime in Medieval II has been in that mod.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7947 on: August 26, 2017, 10:14:35 am »

That LOTR mod is called Third Age Mod and is one of the best Total War games out there, hands down.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7948 on: August 26, 2017, 11:06:13 am »

The Warhammer mod is pretty lit too, of course, no point now with the game.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7949 on: August 26, 2017, 11:25:00 am »

I'll plug Hyrule Total War here, I guess.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 528 529 [530] 531 532 ... 711