Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1331546 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7830 on: August 03, 2017, 04:09:26 pm »

It's a franchise of hyper-realistic military sims. One notable feature of it was being able to down choppers by shooting the pilot through the windshield.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7831 on: August 03, 2017, 04:11:32 pm »

Arma is hours of boredom, seconds of terror.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7832 on: August 03, 2017, 04:13:05 pm »

It's a franchise of hyper-realistic military sims. One notable feature of it was being able to down choppers by shooting the pilot through the windshield.
Side note: In Bad Company, I sniped the pilot of an Apache Gunship through the windshield with a sniper rifle.  In Battlefield 3, I walked up to a stationary humvee and tried to shoot its AFK driver through the window.  Couldn't.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7833 on: August 03, 2017, 04:18:37 pm »

You can still snipe pilots in jets in bf3. I remember seeing a guy parachute out of a jet, snipe the pilot of the jet that was chasing him, and then parachuting back into his own jet.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7834 on: August 03, 2017, 04:29:38 pm »

Did you use a sniper rifle? :P

------

Beat the Pest Mononoke during his/her(looks/acts feminine, referred to as "he" in dialogue. Might not matter considering the nature of Mononoke) main story battle with less than half a second left on the clock. I am a bit confused as why the battle took place in a part of town that had no food production tiles except a single tile of fish, and I'm not 100% sure fish can be infested by the Pest Mononoke. Still feels like an own considering that s/he appeared in very opening of the game and you were entirely incapable of harming them, especially after (opening game spoiler){they just murdered the ancient Grand Mononke}.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #7835 on: August 03, 2017, 05:19:00 pm »

PM me, and later I'll send you the link to it.
https://steelraven7.itch.io/ravenfield here's the link to Ravenfield if you're interested in it.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7836 on: August 03, 2017, 07:38:01 pm »

Accidentally landed a great bazooka shot on what turned out to be a friendly helicopter, as evidenced by the blue that popped out and landed on the shore by Cove.
I took my RK-45 and capped him after he landed to be sure that he didn't tell anybody about it, then went on to lead a delightful charge into Red's last base, which unfortunately happened to be one of the two bases that spawned tanks and helicopters. Emptied my RK before being caught by a red with a shotgun.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7837 on: August 03, 2017, 07:43:52 pm »

Did you use a sniper rifle? :P

Not in bf3 sadly. The only battlefield game I own is WW1 and as a matter of fact I actually have sniped a couple of pilots out of their planes. It's pure luck though, I'm not some sort of uber marksman.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7838 on: August 04, 2017, 06:43:46 pm »

Played SAVAGE WORLDS tabletop for the first time. Superhero theme.

Made a super speedy character called THE FWOOSH. Leonard Snarf gained his powers when he was struck by lightning while simultaneously being bitten by a radioactive Speedy Gonzalez.

By the end of the game an evil alien warlord had parked his spaceship over our fair city and invited us to single combat. THE FWOOSH got on the ship's internal PA and screamed SNARRRRF every time the warlord tried to monologue or explain his demands/goals or anything. This distracted/enraged him enough that other PC's were able to hotwire the engines and send him full-speed into the sun. We never found out what he actually wanted.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 06:55:38 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #7839 on: August 04, 2017, 09:02:19 pm »

"I wish to bestow upon you the secrets of eternal life! Stop interrupting me!"
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7840 on: August 04, 2017, 10:14:32 pm »

In the middle of a losing streak with my best friend, I decide to go with tracer since I'm close to level 10 with her. 3 MVPs in a row. Against the same group of four players. They must be salty.

Heroes of the Storm.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7841 on: August 04, 2017, 10:32:41 pm »

"Abathurs useless on Dragon Shire." Our Valla.

"K" Me.

Useless little me kept the enemy team from using their mounts to get around with my nests, kept them from ever being able to safely leave a shrine without guard because I can just tunnel to an undefended one, kept the Valla from dying to the Samuro every time but one that he came at her- fully in vision of my mines but she never took notice despite my work to keep vision for my team, saw our Malf was bad at timing heals sogave our team a proper malf behind them in fights, used prolific dispersal+locust brood to capture siege camps while everyone was distracted so the enemy had just that much more to deal with while juggling shrines, and hey I even piloted the dragon knight at one point- and survived the exiting ceremony. But hey Abathur's just useless. Thanks for the MVP Blizz!
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7842 on: August 04, 2017, 10:37:44 pm »

"K" Me.

Useless little me kept the enemy team from using their mounts to get around with my nests, kept them from ever being able to safely leave a shrine without guard because I can just tunnel to an undefended one, kept the Valla from dying to the Samuro every time but one that he came at her- fully in vision of my mines but she never took notice despite my work to keep vision for my team, saw our Malf was bad at timing heals sogave our team a proper malf behind them in fights, used prolific dispersal+locust brood to capture siege camps while everyone was distracted so the enemy had just that much more to deal with while juggling shrines, and hey I even piloted the dragon knight at one point- and survived the exiting ceremony. But hey Abathur's just useless. Thanks for the MVP Blizz!
If you are not on the frontlines suiciding in teamfights you are useless. /s.

To continue my post, went for a final showdown against the same damn team. They won this time because my team's Varian decided to just troll and feed, over and over. Spent more time dead than alive.

HotS, of course.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7843 on: August 04, 2017, 10:43:14 pm »

"K" Me.

If you are not on the frontlines suiciding in teamfights you are useless. /s.

To continue my post, went for a final showdown against the same damn team. They won this time because my team's Varian decided to just troll and feed, over and over. Spent more time dead than alive.

HotS, of course.

I have little trust for any Varian I see, doubly so if their swords become so. It's almost as bad as Illidans who fly across the map at a Chromie only to get deleted on the way- thrice.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7844 on: August 05, 2017, 01:11:24 am »

Me and my brother beat a difficulty 12 cyborg retaliation mission.

For reference, that is the hardest possible combination of difficulty + enemy + mission type.  A ridiculous number of enemies including tanks and walkers fall basically on your heads, in waves.  You're supposed to bring four people, we did it with two.  The game does not scale the difficulty at all with party size.  We tried for like 3 hours before finally finding a setup that works, which even tho we both have DLC content the winning build was purely stock.  We hid away in a tiny back area where we knew from experience no enemies would spawn.  The two huge main entrances we covered in AT mines and slowing static fields, while I tossed the distress beacon in the tiny back entrance.  No one would answer the call since the game was private, but its an indestructible building and it gummed up the works so no large enemies could get behind us.  Finally, to deal with the horrifying amount of enemy armor, we both brought the reloadable AT launchers and did the assisted reloads on each other (we were very in-sync about this).  My brother also swapped out the standard AR for a shotgun, to deal with the butchers which constantly fucked us up.

Without that setup, we'd make it to about 200-300 kills consistently.  With it, we managed to win with a couple deaths and both of us successfully evacing.  There were so many tanks that even with me spamming an ammo drop every minute or so, we would still almost run out of rockets between drops.  WTF was that mission.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 711