Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1331575 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7800 on: July 21, 2017, 01:12:55 am »

Not sure the Japanese censors especially care about guns.  I saw a children's show from Japan that featured the main characters killing aliens with sci-fi guns (that still fired bullets).  It also featured a villain using bombs to take a school hostage.  I also remember a bunch of old anime (for example yugioh) that originally had a gun which was then edited out in the US version.

Judging by this interview, the reason nintendo doesn't want guns is because everyone else would give the game a higher age rating.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7801 on: July 21, 2017, 04:57:22 am »

I also remember a bunch of old anime (for example yugioh) that originally had a gun which was then edited out in the US version.

One relatively important episode of the Pokemon anime was banned because a Safari Zone warden threatened Ash with a gun. "Relatively important" because it's the same episode Ash captures an entire herd of Tauros, which becomes relevant exactly once afterwards. It's also the episode that introduces Dratini. Oddly enough, the episode where Ash gets Squirtle isn't banned despite even heavier gunplay - Team Rocket robs a PokeMart at gunpoint, and when Ash enters the store a minute later, everyone in the store pulls a rifle on Ash. Then again, the only other banned episodes I'm aware of are Porygon's(caused seizures, fixable with some editing btw) and every episode with Jynx because of her original appearance of a black-faced hooker(she's been since edited to be a purple-faced hooker instead).

Never heard of the Yugioh one, though. Especially considering some monster cards are packing some serious heat, and direct attacks on the opposing players have been shown to cause actual injury to the player despite it being only holograms(most of the time?). Then again, a children's card game is srsbsns to these characters.

I accidentally'd an entire clan of vampires.

I thought it was a random dungeon!

Morrowind GOTY.

This is part of the reason why I hesitate to enter a random dungeon in TES games. You never know if it's a random dungeon or significantly related to some quest.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Black lives matter.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7803 on: July 21, 2017, 02:33:32 pm »

Somehow managed to get the "good" ending on my first play through, no guides. That final boss took a few tries but it really wasn't all that bad. The day was saved and the curse broken.

Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't know why but the final boss kind of felt a little disappointing after the hell that was Pardoner Fennel. And the final boss of Momodora 3 was more extreme.

Actually I think it miht just be that I expect final bosses to have scary-looking attacks that fill most of the screen. Which the game's final boss does, but it wasn't flashy enough.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7804 on: July 21, 2017, 04:07:36 pm »

I barely remembered Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight.  What I remember is that it was pretty fun, a nice and brief rememberance of Cave Story or Castlevania SoTN.  But so much briefer... which, actually, was almost a selling point.

I wanted a "bite" (week-long, for me) story told via platforming and metroidvania upgrades.  And I was not disappointed.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7805 on: July 21, 2017, 04:48:44 pm »

Somehow managed to get the "good" ending on my first play through, no guides. That final boss took a few tries but it really wasn't all that bad. The day was saved and the curse broken.

Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight
I don't know why but the final boss kind of felt a little disappointing after the hell that was Pardoner Fennel. And the final boss of Momodora 3 was more extreme.

Actually I think it miht just be that I expect final bosses to have scary-looking attacks that fill most of the screen. Which the game's final boss does, but it wasn't flashy enough.
Nah, I agree. I don't I died to her first phase even once. Her second phase took me a few tries (she caught me in the corner with that shield attack) but the final phase was almost a cakewalk. Just died once, because I rolled a pixel too far.

Pardoner Fennel was much tougher - I actually gave up at one point and wandered off to explore a different part of the map - and so was Lubella's second battle.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7806 on: July 21, 2017, 08:44:07 pm »

Finally mustered up the courage to try out Overkill on offline mode.

Completed Firestarter: Overkill with only two-three downs total.

Also, on Hard and Very Hard, I've been able to get small takes of a million+ dollars.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7807 on: July 21, 2017, 09:15:21 pm »

You stupid SOB
The only thing that awaits you is
f
a
i
l
u
r
e

Payday (1 and also 2) is the place where we
we heroes
go to die
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7808 on: July 21, 2017, 10:43:37 pm »

Payday (1 and also 2) is the place where we
we heroes
go to die

I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about. None of us are heroes.

I mean, the Payday Gang is technically made of bad guys. Thing is, they're good bad guys (good suits).

The police are technically made of good guys. Thing is, they're bad good guys (bad at their job).

Besides, when you have regenerating armor that somehow stops all damage that breaks it (short of snipers), the ability to intimidate even the toughest of law enforcement and then convince them to work for you in seconds, the ability to heal from hostages (somehow), the ability to heal from hurting other people...

There's a long list of things that can stop your average comic-book bank robber.

The list of things that can stop the Payday Gang is many, many times shorter.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7809 on: July 21, 2017, 10:51:37 pm »

payday 2 is a bad game that succeeds at convincing you it's not bad for many hours before you finally realize what you've been doing and get very upset
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7810 on: July 21, 2017, 10:53:41 pm »

payday 2 needed bigger heists. Not LONGER more complex heists: bigger, grander, more over-the-top heists.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7811 on: July 21, 2017, 10:56:07 pm »

(league of legends/battleborn/paladins/x game everyone hates, etc)  is a bad game that succeeds at convincing you it's not bad for many hours before you finally realize what you've been doing and get very upset
Black lives matter.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7812 on: July 21, 2017, 10:58:02 pm »

LoL took only a few hours to convince me that it was condensed digital cancer.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #7813 on: July 21, 2017, 11:04:12 pm »

I finally managed to build a mighty Kingdom of Suomi. Reformed Suomenusko on my first ruler and switched to gavelkind relatively quickly.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7814 on: July 22, 2017, 05:46:17 am »

First attempt at a campaign is going well. Took over an hour to get the material for a single warship, and even then I had to also scrap the mining ship I built to speed up resource collection. And yes, that basically means I spent an hour of gameplay literally doing nothing.

Finally got that ship, a small but 29k material-cost frigate, onto the high seas, blew up a passing plane, destroyed an enemy mining rig, then shot down a pair of planes probably sent as a reprisal attack. Now to just build a resource platform on the spot where the rig was, and I can pump out more ships.

EDIT: Took down a major airship port. Parked my ship by the beach, with cover against fire from the anti-ship cannon tower they had. First building to be put in play was light missile tower. Marched on foot, shot through the front door, and quickly located and destroyed its AI mainframe, which captures the entire thing intact. Next to spawn in was the anti-ship tower. Again, forced entry to search for the AI core. Only this one was actually booby-trapped with ammo boxes that can accidentally be shot while breaching the AI core. Almost killed myself with ricocheting bullets, but I got the core and the tower intact.

Next was several civilian homes. Each had two AIs, but where swiftly captured. Last building to spawn in to play was the airship gantry. To my shock and horror, it also launched an Atlas-class flying battleship, which took off before I could think of what to do. It promptly bombed my frigate, taking out its weapons. Even if it hadn't, I wouldn't have had the firepower to bring the airship down. I immediately teleported to the anti-ship tower, which had the only thing that could turn the battle: a BIG FREAKING GUN. Specifically, a double-barreled CRAM cannon whose barrel was longer than the ship I came in on. One hit delivered enough of a shock to the Atlas that all it's balloons broke off. I had done enough damage to drop it from the sky, and while I had considered capturing it, it had a top-deck cannon that was still active and, with it's decreasing altitude, would soon fire on my prizes. One more shot finished it off.

Last step was to just take out the airship gantry AI, and the battle was won. A thousand or so materials for repairs, and I've gained several structures to either scrap or use.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 08:44:44 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 711